Thursday, September 8, 2016

Playing In The Rain - why not?

 10 minutes after Kevin got home from work and about 15 minutes until our friend was about to come over for dinner, it started raining big fat drops. Then more drops, then more, and suddenly - it was pouring. 

I was on the porch with the girls watching it and trying to make a science lesson out of it (:)) when Daddy came out and shocked us all when we saw he'd changed into some basketball shorts, grabbed Ruby and ran right out into the pouring rain!


I happily and quickly joined them and we were the only ones outside running and squealing in it all and it was plain wonderful.

Violet LOVED it. She thought it was hilarious and awesome.



Making memories.
Choosing to not let the heaviness of life's responsibilities weigh us down. Choosing to know that His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
He is joy so we should be joyFUL! Overflowing with it! Dripping off of us! Beaming out of us like the break of day!

We should also be downright silly sometimes, too. In my humble opinion.

Our friend John came over and we all went inside, dried off and had a yummy dinner. 
Red Curry Lentils over brown rice, massaged kale salad, and watermelon (probably our last watermelon of the year - hellooooo fall around the corner!)


favorite person in the pic award goes to: Nora!
Such a fun evening.

I meant to end the post there, but I can't help but note how full life has been lately. When the girls were little the days dragged on and I would be looking for something to do to pass the time and now that there are more of them and they're getting older there seems to not be enough time in the day to do all the things! I know this is every single mother of multiples' conundrum, but I find it fascinatingly wonderful.
To be so filled up with fun things to do (of course inter-mingled with the not as fun responsibilities like grocery shopping and laundry and toilet cleaning) but still! Education, exploring at a creek, visiting the library, going to the museum, having a friend sleepover, making family traditions and following through with them, ecclessia gatherings, art study, farmer's market, fire station visits, running at the track, flea market shopping. All things on my mental "I love to/want to do this with the girls" list. I'm finding out that I have to be intentional about carving out time for those things if I actually want to see them get done. (That's a post in and of itself!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really, like really love being a mom. And a teacher. And a chef. And a home manager. And a wife! Oh! It's been such a busy season I actually miss Kevin! We need a date, soon.

***P.S. My mom-in-law has the girls one day a week because she wants to spend time with them and to give me a day. I treasure this gift! Today I spent it studying more about the Charlotte Mason method, and buying school supplies for our classroom and I did it in peace and quiet. Therefore I'm super happy and dreamy about my Mama role. Please don't think I don't have my days of "oh, so this is why people drink" moments with my children:)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Love it!!! We just got caught in a huge rain shower at the river a few weeks ago, and it was SO FUN! @mamaleemoo from IG by the way. Ha!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessica kiehn said...

AMY!! So good to hear from you!! Have you had your baby yet? I miss the updates of how the pregnancy is going! I can't wait to hear from you on how 4 kiddos is!

Amy said...

What!? I never got an alert to your reply! So, did you read thru my IG posts? I mean, you don't have to, I just didn't want to repeat my story if so. House got mold, had to move in two days, immediately went into labor, got home and Isla got strep? It was was a crazy month but, truly a life changing experience. So much growth! And now we are just in this time of in between. Still living above the shop, waiting to decide what to do with the house. Not sure what the future holds, but feeling so much peace. 4 kids is crazy, but not much different than 3. ;) Nellie is a total sweetheart! I'm eating up every second knowing it's my last. (I mean...that's the plan!) ;) School starts on Monday. It'll be good to get back on a schedule.

jessica kiehn said...

OH MY GOODNESS, mama- what a hard month! You had no idea how much you could handle in His strength, did ya?? Wow. I am over-the-moon ecstatic for your family. 4 babies- you are so blessed! I pray that Nellie is the easiest, sweetest laid back baby that fits perfectly into your family!! Love her name, so happy to hear you're filled with peace- how priceless.
Yes back to school schedule will be great for structure purposes. Remember to give yourself lots of grace though and as you know, don't expect perfection. You just had a baby and you're in temporary living! Just do your best and whatever that looks like will be perfect. Much love, mama. 4!!! I'm so happy for you!!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Playing In The Rain - why not?

 10 minutes after Kevin got home from work and about 15 minutes until our friend was about to come over for dinner, it started raining big fat drops. Then more drops, then more, and suddenly - it was pouring. 

I was on the porch with the girls watching it and trying to make a science lesson out of it (:)) when Daddy came out and shocked us all when we saw he'd changed into some basketball shorts, grabbed Ruby and ran right out into the pouring rain!


I happily and quickly joined them and we were the only ones outside running and squealing in it all and it was plain wonderful.

Violet LOVED it. She thought it was hilarious and awesome.



Making memories.
Choosing to not let the heaviness of life's responsibilities weigh us down. Choosing to know that His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
He is joy so we should be joyFUL! Overflowing with it! Dripping off of us! Beaming out of us like the break of day!

We should also be downright silly sometimes, too. In my humble opinion.

Our friend John came over and we all went inside, dried off and had a yummy dinner. 
Red Curry Lentils over brown rice, massaged kale salad, and watermelon (probably our last watermelon of the year - hellooooo fall around the corner!)


favorite person in the pic award goes to: Nora!
Such a fun evening.

I meant to end the post there, but I can't help but note how full life has been lately. When the girls were little the days dragged on and I would be looking for something to do to pass the time and now that there are more of them and they're getting older there seems to not be enough time in the day to do all the things! I know this is every single mother of multiples' conundrum, but I find it fascinatingly wonderful.
To be so filled up with fun things to do (of course inter-mingled with the not as fun responsibilities like grocery shopping and laundry and toilet cleaning) but still! Education, exploring at a creek, visiting the library, going to the museum, having a friend sleepover, making family traditions and following through with them, ecclessia gatherings, art study, farmer's market, fire station visits, running at the track, flea market shopping. All things on my mental "I love to/want to do this with the girls" list. I'm finding out that I have to be intentional about carving out time for those things if I actually want to see them get done. (That's a post in and of itself!)

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I really, like really love being a mom. And a teacher. And a chef. And a home manager. And a wife! Oh! It's been such a busy season I actually miss Kevin! We need a date, soon.

***P.S. My mom-in-law has the girls one day a week because she wants to spend time with them and to give me a day. I treasure this gift! Today I spent it studying more about the Charlotte Mason method, and buying school supplies for our classroom and I did it in peace and quiet. Therefore I'm super happy and dreamy about my Mama role. Please don't think I don't have my days of "oh, so this is why people drink" moments with my children:)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Love it!!! We just got caught in a huge rain shower at the river a few weeks ago, and it was SO FUN! @mamaleemoo from IG by the way. Ha!

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jessica kiehn said...

AMY!! So good to hear from you!! Have you had your baby yet? I miss the updates of how the pregnancy is going! I can't wait to hear from you on how 4 kiddos is!

Amy said...

What!? I never got an alert to your reply! So, did you read thru my IG posts? I mean, you don't have to, I just didn't want to repeat my story if so. House got mold, had to move in two days, immediately went into labor, got home and Isla got strep? It was was a crazy month but, truly a life changing experience. So much growth! And now we are just in this time of in between. Still living above the shop, waiting to decide what to do with the house. Not sure what the future holds, but feeling so much peace. 4 kids is crazy, but not much different than 3. ;) Nellie is a total sweetheart! I'm eating up every second knowing it's my last. (I mean...that's the plan!) ;) School starts on Monday. It'll be good to get back on a schedule.

jessica kiehn said...

OH MY GOODNESS, mama- what a hard month! You had no idea how much you could handle in His strength, did ya?? Wow. I am over-the-moon ecstatic for your family. 4 babies- you are so blessed! I pray that Nellie is the easiest, sweetest laid back baby that fits perfectly into your family!! Love her name, so happy to hear you're filled with peace- how priceless.
Yes back to school schedule will be great for structure purposes. Remember to give yourself lots of grace though and as you know, don't expect perfection. You just had a baby and you're in temporary living! Just do your best and whatever that looks like will be perfect. Much love, mama. 4!!! I'm so happy for you!!