Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Phone Dump


The girls love to go get their sissy when they hear her on the monitor waking up from naps.

Mama got to go shopping! Kevin and I actually both don't like shopping so we go quarterly/twice a year pretty much. We stock up then because shopping is a chore to us! Gap jeans on sale = happy Jessica.


We had our cousins come over to play one morning this week and it was so good to see them. We live right down the road from them but we're all in school now and life is full and busy. Glad we got to have them for a couple hours.

Nora, 4 - Serenity, 3

Ruby, 6 - Naftalie, 7

Twins Zeke and Meyer 22 months, Thompson 5, Violet 11 months
 The other day I was sitting down doing school with Ruby when I heard "MOM YOU HAVE TO COME HERE!" and laughing. After ignoring it several times I decided to check and found this. Way to hang in there, V!


Our evenings are clearing up a bit (not happenstance, we are purposely clearing them) which means family evening walks are back and I LOVE THAT! Post-dinner strolls are good for body and soul.



I've been off of Instagram for 10+ weeks now and I feel somehow obligated to get back on for the sake of record keeping. I love that my Chatbooks printed out and sent my photos to me in book form for our family to have, whereas a blog is not nearly as tangible. I also somehow feel like I owe it to people to get on there and let them see my life.
But I just can't bring myself to log back on yet. It's such a time sucker and distraction for me. It feels like extra noise, extra flash, extra energy being pulled from me that I'm just not willing to give. I find myself wanting to slow down and simplify because of how very busy the past year has been. Anything I can do to make that happen, I'm interested in. And anything that is additional weight or burdensome is out.

So for now, it's this quiet blog. Which I am so good with:)
Thanks for following along!


No comments:

Friday, September 30, 2016

Friday Phone Dump


The girls love to go get their sissy when they hear her on the monitor waking up from naps.

Mama got to go shopping! Kevin and I actually both don't like shopping so we go quarterly/twice a year pretty much. We stock up then because shopping is a chore to us! Gap jeans on sale = happy Jessica.


We had our cousins come over to play one morning this week and it was so good to see them. We live right down the road from them but we're all in school now and life is full and busy. Glad we got to have them for a couple hours.

Nora, 4 - Serenity, 3

Ruby, 6 - Naftalie, 7

Twins Zeke and Meyer 22 months, Thompson 5, Violet 11 months
 The other day I was sitting down doing school with Ruby when I heard "MOM YOU HAVE TO COME HERE!" and laughing. After ignoring it several times I decided to check and found this. Way to hang in there, V!


Our evenings are clearing up a bit (not happenstance, we are purposely clearing them) which means family evening walks are back and I LOVE THAT! Post-dinner strolls are good for body and soul.



I've been off of Instagram for 10+ weeks now and I feel somehow obligated to get back on for the sake of record keeping. I love that my Chatbooks printed out and sent my photos to me in book form for our family to have, whereas a blog is not nearly as tangible. I also somehow feel like I owe it to people to get on there and let them see my life.
But I just can't bring myself to log back on yet. It's such a time sucker and distraction for me. It feels like extra noise, extra flash, extra energy being pulled from me that I'm just not willing to give. I find myself wanting to slow down and simplify because of how very busy the past year has been. Anything I can do to make that happen, I'm interested in. And anything that is additional weight or burdensome is out.

So for now, it's this quiet blog. Which I am so good with:)
Thanks for following along!


No comments: