Thursday, August 11, 2016

NORA IS FOUR-A!


Our middle girl turned 4 this summer and we had the best time celebrating her! She LOVED her special day and soaked up every part of it. 

decorating the night before for them to come down to is always SO EXCITING! This year Ruby joined us and loved it and did a great job.


lipstick from the night before still on - check!


We all pitched in and got her a balance bike (those things are amazing! They have no pedals, so the child sits on the seat and glides/walks their feet along while finding their own natural balance. Ruby learned to ride a real bike after playing on a balance bike in like two weeks. They are the BEST way for kids to learn to ride a bike, and they're so fun!) She looooves hers and rides it nearly everyday.

We really, really love this sweetheart. Or as she says "fweet-howt". She is so hyper at times, so cranky at times, so SWEET at times "you're da BEST MOMMY EVER MOM!"
"MOM! You look tunning" (stunning...I came downstairs wearing a dress) says so many things that I think "ummm should I be concerned about that?!" and all around plain hilarious. She knows she cracks us up and will try to use that to her advantage.
She's extremely obedient, asks before she does anything.
One of my favorite things about Nora is when Ruby is getting in trouble for something, Nora notices and is like yes! finally I'm not the one getting in trouble. This is awesome, I need to remind my parents that I'm the good one in this scenario... and will shout (interrupt me while correcting Ruby) "YES MA'AM!" to make sure she looks good and knows I know she's obeying:):) Haha, just thinking about her doing that makes me smile.

Another thing I actually love about her is you NEVER know what you're going to get with her. A boy at church the other night was just trying to play with her and he poured a little bit of water on her head while she was playing with a doll and it dripped down onto her dress and LORD. ALMIGHTY. That poor boy didn't know what he had coming. She LOST IT. Ran screaming crying, threw her body down SO MAD that he got her wet (she hates to get wet for some reason) and got her DRESS wet, Lord forbid. She was completely livid.

Sometimes I can wrestle with her and she runs laughing and sometimes I'll chase her to wrestle and she screams NO!!!, tenses her whole body up, and sticks her hand out to stop me.
Sometimes I can make her laugh, and sometimes I'll try the same technique another day and it infuriates her.


She's a strong one, that gal.
And we love her.
Because of all the touchy things she does, her sweetness (miraculously) completely outweighs all the other stuff.
The fact that she always comes to me and tells me on her own if she said something mean, or asks permission for everything, etc. assures me that she has a good and honest heart. She truly desires to obey and that's huge. She's just trying, like most of us passionate middle kids, to see how she fits in to this place, what say she has in things, and so on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite 4 year old on planet earth - we're your biggest fans, kiddo.
xoxo, mom + dad


No comments:

Thursday, August 11, 2016

NORA IS FOUR-A!


Our middle girl turned 4 this summer and we had the best time celebrating her! She LOVED her special day and soaked up every part of it. 

decorating the night before for them to come down to is always SO EXCITING! This year Ruby joined us and loved it and did a great job.


lipstick from the night before still on - check!


We all pitched in and got her a balance bike (those things are amazing! They have no pedals, so the child sits on the seat and glides/walks their feet along while finding their own natural balance. Ruby learned to ride a real bike after playing on a balance bike in like two weeks. They are the BEST way for kids to learn to ride a bike, and they're so fun!) She looooves hers and rides it nearly everyday.

We really, really love this sweetheart. Or as she says "fweet-howt". She is so hyper at times, so cranky at times, so SWEET at times "you're da BEST MOMMY EVER MOM!"
"MOM! You look tunning" (stunning...I came downstairs wearing a dress) says so many things that I think "ummm should I be concerned about that?!" and all around plain hilarious. She knows she cracks us up and will try to use that to her advantage.
She's extremely obedient, asks before she does anything.
One of my favorite things about Nora is when Ruby is getting in trouble for something, Nora notices and is like yes! finally I'm not the one getting in trouble. This is awesome, I need to remind my parents that I'm the good one in this scenario... and will shout (interrupt me while correcting Ruby) "YES MA'AM!" to make sure she looks good and knows I know she's obeying:):) Haha, just thinking about her doing that makes me smile.

Another thing I actually love about her is you NEVER know what you're going to get with her. A boy at church the other night was just trying to play with her and he poured a little bit of water on her head while she was playing with a doll and it dripped down onto her dress and LORD. ALMIGHTY. That poor boy didn't know what he had coming. She LOST IT. Ran screaming crying, threw her body down SO MAD that he got her wet (she hates to get wet for some reason) and got her DRESS wet, Lord forbid. She was completely livid.

Sometimes I can wrestle with her and she runs laughing and sometimes I'll chase her to wrestle and she screams NO!!!, tenses her whole body up, and sticks her hand out to stop me.
Sometimes I can make her laugh, and sometimes I'll try the same technique another day and it infuriates her.


She's a strong one, that gal.
And we love her.
Because of all the touchy things she does, her sweetness (miraculously) completely outweighs all the other stuff.
The fact that she always comes to me and tells me on her own if she said something mean, or asks permission for everything, etc. assures me that she has a good and honest heart. She truly desires to obey and that's huge. She's just trying, like most of us passionate middle kids, to see how she fits in to this place, what say she has in things, and so on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite 4 year old on planet earth - we're your biggest fans, kiddo.
xoxo, mom + dad


No comments: