Monday, August 22, 2016

Lake Day (Happy Birthday Lori!)


Yesterday was the babe on the right's birthday celebration. She and our other sister Julie rented a boat for the whole family to play on for the day and we picnic-ed and swam and tubed all day. It was dreamy! I'll let the pics speak for themselves - we had so much fun.

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY AUNT LORI! WE LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!

Sweet Ember! Our 2 year old niece

justin, 16 and katie, 19.  kevin's little siblings. they love each other.

kev 31, ruby 6, nora 4, river 4

Amelia Bedelia, 10 months

Ruby, 6


Every time I'm around the Kiehn family for something like this I am in awe of who these people are. I am just SO ridiculously thankful to get to be one of them. Their hearts of gold, their faithfulness, their can-do spirit, their deep love and commitment, their no-nonsense-ness, their hunger for Yahweh's kingdom and His ways, their unity. I asked my bro-in-law today actually if he could describe Dad growing up with one word (from a kid's perspective) what would it be? His answer was "solid".

I love you, Kiehns!

2 comments:

nicole everett said...

First off - thanks for coming back to a social media platform 😄 Missed seeing you around
And oh my, Miss Violet - those rolls! Tell us girl how you do so well with them? 😆
Your nature study post is SO GOOD ! Even though we don't fully homeschool - I always try to incorporate as much learning at home alongside public school - and a nature study would be so neat - I'm excited about trying it out
Any-who just wanted to say HIIIIIII 😄😄😄😄

Nicole

jessica kiehn said...

Nicole!! I've thought of you several times, curious about how your pregnancy is going.
You're exactly right- you don't have to 100% homeschool to incorporate education in your home! They're going to love it.
SO GOOD to hear from you girl!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Lake Day (Happy Birthday Lori!)


Yesterday was the babe on the right's birthday celebration. She and our other sister Julie rented a boat for the whole family to play on for the day and we picnic-ed and swam and tubed all day. It was dreamy! I'll let the pics speak for themselves - we had so much fun.

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY AUNT LORI! WE LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH!!

Sweet Ember! Our 2 year old niece

justin, 16 and katie, 19.  kevin's little siblings. they love each other.

kev 31, ruby 6, nora 4, river 4

Amelia Bedelia, 10 months

Ruby, 6


Every time I'm around the Kiehn family for something like this I am in awe of who these people are. I am just SO ridiculously thankful to get to be one of them. Their hearts of gold, their faithfulness, their can-do spirit, their deep love and commitment, their no-nonsense-ness, their hunger for Yahweh's kingdom and His ways, their unity. I asked my bro-in-law today actually if he could describe Dad growing up with one word (from a kid's perspective) what would it be? His answer was "solid".

I love you, Kiehns!

2 comments:

nicole everett said...

First off - thanks for coming back to a social media platform 😄 Missed seeing you around
And oh my, Miss Violet - those rolls! Tell us girl how you do so well with them? 😆
Your nature study post is SO GOOD ! Even though we don't fully homeschool - I always try to incorporate as much learning at home alongside public school - and a nature study would be so neat - I'm excited about trying it out
Any-who just wanted to say HIIIIIII 😄😄😄😄

Nicole

jessica kiehn said...

Nicole!! I've thought of you several times, curious about how your pregnancy is going.
You're exactly right- you don't have to 100% homeschool to incorporate education in your home! They're going to love it.
SO GOOD to hear from you girl!