Monday, November 16, 2015

Violet - One Month


Sister Sue is one month old!

-makes the sweetest frustrated faces. Like, a quick little wince of "I don't want to complain, but...gah, I just wish they would stand up and walk me around...ok, yeah..I'm going to have to just go for it and full on complain....waaaaaaah (real cry)" But you can always watch her have this thought process right before a crying spell.

-so far...sleep has been challenging! Some nights up for hours and hours. some nights sleeps a lot and only up once. Lately it's been awake and fussy till about 2:00am or 3:00am, falls asleep, and sleeps until I wake her up to nurse around 9:30 or 10am. I'll take what I can get. She and Daddy have watched several middle-of-the-night movies together:)

-nicknames include:
Violet Violet Pumpkin Pie-let
and Violet the Pilot
Less nicknames and more songs - maybe because we have older girls now and every thing's a teaching point?
"V-I-O L-E-T Violet is the girl for me!"
and
"Violet, Violet Amelia, the sweetest little cutie/sissy/darlin in the whole wide world, oh Violet! Violet Amelia..." repeat
are the two we all sing to her all the time around here

-still smells like heaven

-LOVES mama, just hit the "hold me all the time please" stage. This time around, I'm letting laundry and cooking and clients wait and I'm just being there for her and holding her. I so regret rushing Nora. Rushing to get on with life and not honoring her newborn stage where she just. needed. mama.

-nurses like a champ, just like her sisters. I'm so grateful for this!

-in size 1 diapers and is plumping up QUITE nicely.
-wakes up in the morning around 9:00ish, diaper change, nurses, stays awake for maybe 15 mins and then falls back asleep for her long morning nap. That's consistent - after that, it's kind of sporadic sleep times. With Nora's nap and Violet's napping...we pretty much stay home all day right now.

Bringing her into our family feels just like the others - like I can't imagine things without her. Like all is right in the world. Like new challenges are to be faced but so is new growth and new depths of love and joy. 
We love you, little one-monther!

No comments:

Monday, November 16, 2015

Violet - One Month


Sister Sue is one month old!

-makes the sweetest frustrated faces. Like, a quick little wince of "I don't want to complain, but...gah, I just wish they would stand up and walk me around...ok, yeah..I'm going to have to just go for it and full on complain....waaaaaaah (real cry)" But you can always watch her have this thought process right before a crying spell.

-so far...sleep has been challenging! Some nights up for hours and hours. some nights sleeps a lot and only up once. Lately it's been awake and fussy till about 2:00am or 3:00am, falls asleep, and sleeps until I wake her up to nurse around 9:30 or 10am. I'll take what I can get. She and Daddy have watched several middle-of-the-night movies together:)

-nicknames include:
Violet Violet Pumpkin Pie-let
and Violet the Pilot
Less nicknames and more songs - maybe because we have older girls now and every thing's a teaching point?
"V-I-O L-E-T Violet is the girl for me!"
and
"Violet, Violet Amelia, the sweetest little cutie/sissy/darlin in the whole wide world, oh Violet! Violet Amelia..." repeat
are the two we all sing to her all the time around here

-still smells like heaven

-LOVES mama, just hit the "hold me all the time please" stage. This time around, I'm letting laundry and cooking and clients wait and I'm just being there for her and holding her. I so regret rushing Nora. Rushing to get on with life and not honoring her newborn stage where she just. needed. mama.

-nurses like a champ, just like her sisters. I'm so grateful for this!

-in size 1 diapers and is plumping up QUITE nicely.
-wakes up in the morning around 9:00ish, diaper change, nurses, stays awake for maybe 15 mins and then falls back asleep for her long morning nap. That's consistent - after that, it's kind of sporadic sleep times. With Nora's nap and Violet's napping...we pretty much stay home all day right now.

Bringing her into our family feels just like the others - like I can't imagine things without her. Like all is right in the world. Like new challenges are to be faced but so is new growth and new depths of love and joy. 
We love you, little one-monther!

No comments: