Monday, May 4, 2015

The Glorious 2nd Trimester




Second trimester, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I have energy.
I am not sick at all. Just need to take breaks pretty often throughout the day and make sure I stay hydrated.
I don't have to MAKE SURE I get protein every few hours anymore.
And I am nice again!

With that being said, my back will hurt here and there and I can get pretty strong headaches at night when I'm exhausted and know I need to go to bed. And heartburn every night (except last night!) But sheesh! This 2nd trimester has just been amazing (as all my previous 2nds have been. Hence why they call this the "honeymoon" stage)

It's nice to feel a part of society and be able to help Kevin again. First trimester Kevin is what superheroes are modeled after. Minus the spandex. He literally does it all. I can't give him enough kudos for that - especially because he doesn't ask for kudos!

Questions taken from this blog:

weight: gained about 7 pounds

gender: don't know yet! will find out soon!

how far along: 18 weeks

maternity clothes: pants, yes, absolutely.

sleep: sleeping marvelously

best moment this week: Ruby telling me her favorite part about me is Christ in me (cue the heart melting)

miss anything: kombucha!

movement: a tiiiiiny bit. like the sweetest, tiniest "bumps" in there.

food cravings: not really any! I like very healthy, real food. I don't have any gross/bad "cravings" anymore now that I'm feeling more myself again

anything make you sick or queasy: just at night if I haven't eaten or I need to go to bed

started showing: YES! one of my personal favorite parts. Feeling pregnant but not showing pregnant? Not fair;)

belly button in or out: still in

wedding rings on or off: on! have never had to take them off during pregnancy

happy or moody most of the time: so happy, truly.

still able to sleep on belly?: yes! it relieves my back SO much I'm so thankful I can.

looking forward to: everyday. the fact that I get to stay home with these girls and run the home while daddy's at work, meeting to play with friends, have so much freedom - it's all just so amazing to me.


here's some phone photos from lately:

carrying this sweet thing around with me everywhere I go. (17 weeks)

At the Dogwood Festival. Nora stole the show, there are no words to describe that cuteness.

Kevin and I have been so busy lately with church events and work and life that we called for a tuesday night date. and my momma said "yes!" to being able to babysit that night and it was glorious. she snapped this pic before we headed down the road to one of our favorite local spots.

date nights make us happy:)

2 comments:

Stephanie Nalley said...

Congrats, Jessica!! So excited for you guys! You are the cutest preggo EVER!!!

Stephanie Nalley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Monday, May 4, 2015

The Glorious 2nd Trimester




Second trimester, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I have energy.
I am not sick at all. Just need to take breaks pretty often throughout the day and make sure I stay hydrated.
I don't have to MAKE SURE I get protein every few hours anymore.
And I am nice again!

With that being said, my back will hurt here and there and I can get pretty strong headaches at night when I'm exhausted and know I need to go to bed. And heartburn every night (except last night!) But sheesh! This 2nd trimester has just been amazing (as all my previous 2nds have been. Hence why they call this the "honeymoon" stage)

It's nice to feel a part of society and be able to help Kevin again. First trimester Kevin is what superheroes are modeled after. Minus the spandex. He literally does it all. I can't give him enough kudos for that - especially because he doesn't ask for kudos!

Questions taken from this blog:

weight: gained about 7 pounds

gender: don't know yet! will find out soon!

how far along: 18 weeks

maternity clothes: pants, yes, absolutely.

sleep: sleeping marvelously

best moment this week: Ruby telling me her favorite part about me is Christ in me (cue the heart melting)

miss anything: kombucha!

movement: a tiiiiiny bit. like the sweetest, tiniest "bumps" in there.

food cravings: not really any! I like very healthy, real food. I don't have any gross/bad "cravings" anymore now that I'm feeling more myself again

anything make you sick or queasy: just at night if I haven't eaten or I need to go to bed

started showing: YES! one of my personal favorite parts. Feeling pregnant but not showing pregnant? Not fair;)

belly button in or out: still in

wedding rings on or off: on! have never had to take them off during pregnancy

happy or moody most of the time: so happy, truly.

still able to sleep on belly?: yes! it relieves my back SO much I'm so thankful I can.

looking forward to: everyday. the fact that I get to stay home with these girls and run the home while daddy's at work, meeting to play with friends, have so much freedom - it's all just so amazing to me.


here's some phone photos from lately:

carrying this sweet thing around with me everywhere I go. (17 weeks)

At the Dogwood Festival. Nora stole the show, there are no words to describe that cuteness.

Kevin and I have been so busy lately with church events and work and life that we called for a tuesday night date. and my momma said "yes!" to being able to babysit that night and it was glorious. she snapped this pic before we headed down the road to one of our favorite local spots.

date nights make us happy:)

2 comments:

Stephanie Nalley said...

Congrats, Jessica!! So excited for you guys! You are the cutest preggo EVER!!!

Stephanie Nalley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.