Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Has Sprung! 12-13 weeks


It's been absolutely gorgeous outside and we've been spending our days in the backyard, at parks, eating out of food trucks, and meeting up with friends. These are the days I live for!



Ruby gasped when I put this dress on and said "I'm SO happy you're in pregnant clothes now Mom!" and also "you're gonna need bigger socks now that you're pregnant" :)


I just love this child. She's pure and wonderful.


Rubes snapped this pic of me - the day I turned 13 weeks along!

I've been feeling so good since I turned 13 weeks. Like something flipped on (or off!) and I'm starting to get more energy back and feeling so much better. Hallelujah! I am so thankful to have had a somewhat decent first trimester and SO THANKFUL TO BE PAST IT!

My keys for this pregnancy first trim are:
Stay fed and must eat PROTEIN.
Get a good night's rest.
HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE! This has changed everything for me this time around. I did my darndest not to pity myself and be THANKFUL and embrace it all and it's made everything so much better. 


 We had a storm knock down an already dead tree in the back yard and things have been SO BUSY we haven't gotten around to any yard work this spring.
Kevin is amazing. He's completely picked up all the slack that I haven't been able to do around the house and kept up with laundry, cooking dinners, and cleaning every night.
He's got a big event/project coming up at work that he's heading up and I know his hands are so full but he's just doing amazing. I'm so thankful for him. All his hard work doesn't go unnoticed - the other day I overheard Ruby tell Nora in the back seat:

"No Nora, Mommy doesn't do EVERYTHING, she does some things and Daddy does everything."

That about sums up my first trimester! GO KEVIN!



Dinner outside with these babes while daddy had after-work praise and worship practice. Playing outside all day - coming inside for naps - then back outside for dinner and evening play just DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER!

Onward to the next trimester!!



2 comments:

Jenna Buettemeyer said...

Absolutely love your attitude about being pregnant!! Makes me look forward to that again one day!!

jessica kiehn said...

jenna- thanks for saying that. The third pregnancy FLIES by! My first and second seemed to go very slowly:) but if you time it right and get over sickness right as the weathers getting amazing and you choose to be happy, it's a magic combination that makes the pregnancy go so quickly! (So far haha)

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Has Sprung! 12-13 weeks


It's been absolutely gorgeous outside and we've been spending our days in the backyard, at parks, eating out of food trucks, and meeting up with friends. These are the days I live for!



Ruby gasped when I put this dress on and said "I'm SO happy you're in pregnant clothes now Mom!" and also "you're gonna need bigger socks now that you're pregnant" :)


I just love this child. She's pure and wonderful.


Rubes snapped this pic of me - the day I turned 13 weeks along!

I've been feeling so good since I turned 13 weeks. Like something flipped on (or off!) and I'm starting to get more energy back and feeling so much better. Hallelujah! I am so thankful to have had a somewhat decent first trimester and SO THANKFUL TO BE PAST IT!

My keys for this pregnancy first trim are:
Stay fed and must eat PROTEIN.
Get a good night's rest.
HAVE A GOOD ATTITUDE! This has changed everything for me this time around. I did my darndest not to pity myself and be THANKFUL and embrace it all and it's made everything so much better. 


 We had a storm knock down an already dead tree in the back yard and things have been SO BUSY we haven't gotten around to any yard work this spring.
Kevin is amazing. He's completely picked up all the slack that I haven't been able to do around the house and kept up with laundry, cooking dinners, and cleaning every night.
He's got a big event/project coming up at work that he's heading up and I know his hands are so full but he's just doing amazing. I'm so thankful for him. All his hard work doesn't go unnoticed - the other day I overheard Ruby tell Nora in the back seat:

"No Nora, Mommy doesn't do EVERYTHING, she does some things and Daddy does everything."

That about sums up my first trimester! GO KEVIN!



Dinner outside with these babes while daddy had after-work praise and worship practice. Playing outside all day - coming inside for naps - then back outside for dinner and evening play just DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER!

Onward to the next trimester!!



2 comments:

Jenna Buettemeyer said...

Absolutely love your attitude about being pregnant!! Makes me look forward to that again one day!!

jessica kiehn said...

jenna- thanks for saying that. The third pregnancy FLIES by! My first and second seemed to go very slowly:) but if you time it right and get over sickness right as the weathers getting amazing and you choose to be happy, it's a magic combination that makes the pregnancy go so quickly! (So far haha)