Thursday, May 15, 2014

i need to learn more about photography

This post could also be titled "I'm too lazy to edit photos"
I see other blogs and the lighting is gorgeous and bright and the angles are spectacular and all mine look like we live in a dungeon. I'll work on that!

Here's some completely unrelated items from this spring I forgot to keepsake:


 Daddy turned 29. Holy moly. In my mind we are perpetually 24 and 25 but nope, we're actually getting older each year. Still so young though! Right?...



Our church's annual skate party was a hit with my 4 year old!



And afterwards our dear friends The Steigers had everyone over and Ruby got to love on their horses. The girls LOVE their horses!


Every single Saturday Kevin balances the checkbook, pays bills, etc. This particular week the girls played along and balanced their checkbooks.

It's been really good over here. I've, as usual, been learning a lot. Learning to shut my mind off and live and enjoy life! We've had lots of amazing weather lately that's included adventure after adventure. So thankful!

I wanted to write something funny Ruby said the other day.
I ran into a store to return something and Kevin stayed out in the car with the girls. They started playing "I spy".
Kevin- "I spy something yellow"
Ruby- "that sign?"
Kevin - "yep! good job. "
etc. etc. etc.
K- "I spy something brown"
...a few Hispanic people walk by...
R- "those brown people's faces?"

She also totally called out a woman the other day, after meeting her, a woman I knew that we ran into at the store, we walked down a different aisle and Ruby says "I want to see that chubby lady again. Like, the one with (and motions a big belly with her hands)."
It was interesting explaining to her how that's not nice to say. In kids' minds, everything is just so matter of fact. Calling someone chubby is the same as saying they're blonde. It's just factual, haha. *sigh* I love children.

What is something your little ones have blurted out that has totally embarrassed you??




No comments:

Thursday, May 15, 2014

i need to learn more about photography

This post could also be titled "I'm too lazy to edit photos"
I see other blogs and the lighting is gorgeous and bright and the angles are spectacular and all mine look like we live in a dungeon. I'll work on that!

Here's some completely unrelated items from this spring I forgot to keepsake:


 Daddy turned 29. Holy moly. In my mind we are perpetually 24 and 25 but nope, we're actually getting older each year. Still so young though! Right?...



Our church's annual skate party was a hit with my 4 year old!



And afterwards our dear friends The Steigers had everyone over and Ruby got to love on their horses. The girls LOVE their horses!


Every single Saturday Kevin balances the checkbook, pays bills, etc. This particular week the girls played along and balanced their checkbooks.

It's been really good over here. I've, as usual, been learning a lot. Learning to shut my mind off and live and enjoy life! We've had lots of amazing weather lately that's included adventure after adventure. So thankful!

I wanted to write something funny Ruby said the other day.
I ran into a store to return something and Kevin stayed out in the car with the girls. They started playing "I spy".
Kevin- "I spy something yellow"
Ruby- "that sign?"
Kevin - "yep! good job. "
etc. etc. etc.
K- "I spy something brown"
...a few Hispanic people walk by...
R- "those brown people's faces?"

She also totally called out a woman the other day, after meeting her, a woman I knew that we ran into at the store, we walked down a different aisle and Ruby says "I want to see that chubby lady again. Like, the one with (and motions a big belly with her hands)."
It was interesting explaining to her how that's not nice to say. In kids' minds, everything is just so matter of fact. Calling someone chubby is the same as saying they're blonde. It's just factual, haha. *sigh* I love children.

What is something your little ones have blurted out that has totally embarrassed you??




No comments: