Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ruby james


This smart, dynamic, bright little girl is, straight up, Yahweh's gift to me. 


She is a helper, a lover, a joker, a learner, an obeyer.


Never ever not once did Ruby go through an "I don't like that new baby in my house because I have to share all my stuff and split all my attention" phase. She just welcomed her little sister with open arms and has treated her like her best friend since day one. That's been such an enormous blessing to us!


She says the funniest things. She will sit on your lap and LISTEN to you. She absorbs what you say in and lets it sink down deep. She wants to learn. She loves to obey. 
After a correction, sometimes she'll give it a few minutes. After it's all over and we've moved on, she'll come up to one of us and say "I want to change my heart. I want to obey" and she really means it.


Good stuff is always happening to her because of this. Obedience ALWAYS equals blessing, and she's learned at a young age that 'wow. this really works' Strangers will buy her stuff in the store, a family member will surprise her and drop in with a gift, she'll get to go on surprise date nights etc. and we tell her if she was a sassy/disobedient girl fun stuff like this just wouldn't be happening. Yahweh is proud of you, Ruby! He loves your obedient and good heart!

And she beams with joy:)


Ruby, honey, I am so thankful I get to know you and be in your life and you in mine. 

You are such a blessing to this family. 
I know that Yahweh loves me because He gave me you.
You surprise me, you test me, you teach me, you soften me, you make me slow down and see what's important. 


I love your confidence.
I love how you watch me and then act just like me (which certainly keeps me accountable!)
I love that you eat anything I give you, and love healthy food and never complain.
I love that you ask "So, how was your day" every single night at the dinner table. 
I love that you say "good morning, Yahweh!" when you wake up.
You actually get me laughing hard when you tickle my belly.
I love that you sometimes sneak into our bed at night and when I say "hey! how'd you get in here?!" in the mornings you are kind of embarrassed and quickly change the subject so as to avoid me making a strict rule of NO children in our bed! 
I love that for YEARS you've said "i got your penny in my neck" so we chase you and tickle your neck and try to dig that penny out.
I love your tiny teeth.
I love that you are lean like a big girl but STILL have a layer of soft baby fat on your arms and legs. Especially your forearms and wrists. Oh! Your heavenly forearms and wrists.
I love that you are a leader with your friends.
I love how you sister your sister.

Sweetie, you take our breath away! Thank you for being you.

love, mama

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Beautiful post about your beautiful girl! So sweet. AND Awesome that she helps with the diaper laundry! I need to teach Hudson and make my line lower to the ground! ha!

Sheryl said...

Sweet sweet precious Ruby with the big golden tender heart. A leader with grace and kindness. You and Kevin are amazing parents and have been blessed with amazing girls.

I couldn't be more proud or more thankful!

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

ruby james


This smart, dynamic, bright little girl is, straight up, Yahweh's gift to me. 


She is a helper, a lover, a joker, a learner, an obeyer.


Never ever not once did Ruby go through an "I don't like that new baby in my house because I have to share all my stuff and split all my attention" phase. She just welcomed her little sister with open arms and has treated her like her best friend since day one. That's been such an enormous blessing to us!


She says the funniest things. She will sit on your lap and LISTEN to you. She absorbs what you say in and lets it sink down deep. She wants to learn. She loves to obey. 
After a correction, sometimes she'll give it a few minutes. After it's all over and we've moved on, she'll come up to one of us and say "I want to change my heart. I want to obey" and she really means it.


Good stuff is always happening to her because of this. Obedience ALWAYS equals blessing, and she's learned at a young age that 'wow. this really works' Strangers will buy her stuff in the store, a family member will surprise her and drop in with a gift, she'll get to go on surprise date nights etc. and we tell her if she was a sassy/disobedient girl fun stuff like this just wouldn't be happening. Yahweh is proud of you, Ruby! He loves your obedient and good heart!

And she beams with joy:)


Ruby, honey, I am so thankful I get to know you and be in your life and you in mine. 

You are such a blessing to this family. 
I know that Yahweh loves me because He gave me you.
You surprise me, you test me, you teach me, you soften me, you make me slow down and see what's important. 


I love your confidence.
I love how you watch me and then act just like me (which certainly keeps me accountable!)
I love that you eat anything I give you, and love healthy food and never complain.
I love that you ask "So, how was your day" every single night at the dinner table. 
I love that you say "good morning, Yahweh!" when you wake up.
You actually get me laughing hard when you tickle my belly.
I love that you sometimes sneak into our bed at night and when I say "hey! how'd you get in here?!" in the mornings you are kind of embarrassed and quickly change the subject so as to avoid me making a strict rule of NO children in our bed! 
I love that for YEARS you've said "i got your penny in my neck" so we chase you and tickle your neck and try to dig that penny out.
I love your tiny teeth.
I love that you are lean like a big girl but STILL have a layer of soft baby fat on your arms and legs. Especially your forearms and wrists. Oh! Your heavenly forearms and wrists.
I love that you are a leader with your friends.
I love how you sister your sister.

Sweetie, you take our breath away! Thank you for being you.

love, mama

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Beautiful post about your beautiful girl! So sweet. AND Awesome that she helps with the diaper laundry! I need to teach Hudson and make my line lower to the ground! ha!

Sheryl said...

Sweet sweet precious Ruby with the big golden tender heart. A leader with grace and kindness. You and Kevin are amazing parents and have been blessed with amazing girls.

I couldn't be more proud or more thankful!