Tuesday, April 15, 2014

and now i'm 28!

 Friday, April 11, 2014 was my 28th birthday and I'm pretty positive it was my favorite birthday so far.

I took a hot yoga class.
(still not sure how I feel about yoga. I have LOTS of thoughts. I'm certainly not 100% sold, I'll say that)
But I had seriously hurt myself in a really tough run and it felt really good and necessary to stretch in a hot room that warmed your muscles up for deeper stretches.


Kevin is smart and gave me shopping money and just told me to go.
I love alone time. I'm always always always with a human, be it my family, clients, or church friends, so alone time is FABULOUS to me. The shoe salesman commented how "sad" that I didn't have a friend to be out birthday shopping with me and I just smiled. No lady, I want to be alone if I shop!

He and the girls got me other PRECIOUS gifts, like my favorite coffee shop's gift card for when the girls and I are on walks around town and we stop in for iced coffees! And a hat for summer that I LOVED but would never buy myself but Kev did for me AND Quest Bars...my favorite protein bars ever:) Isn't it SO sweet to get gifts that your husband and children collaborate on to give you? It's just so sweet!

yes, I bought these shoes. i love them. 
 My fabulous in-laws gave me shopping money and in years past I've gone around and bought a bunch of cheap stuff to satisfy my I-never-get-to-shop-so-soak-it-up feelings but this year I was smarter and bought one awesome thing - Ray Ban Aviators. It was a total TOTAL splurge for me and I'm stoked. I want to have less stuff, and really value and take care of the smaller amount of high quality things that I do have.

thank you Papala, Gramala, and PJ!!!
Every year the actual age I am is pretty anti-climactic because Kevin is always one year and a couple weeks ahead of me. So I'm forever RIGHT behind him and by the time I turn the next age, that number's already been thrown around a lot because it's what Kevin's already been for a year. BORING. Oh well!
I'm looking to the year of 28. Excited to see how I will get to see Yahweh in new ways.
Excited to love more and control less.
Excited to see big picture more and more.

beautiful birthday flowers from my momma. I love fresh flowers!!


Was 28 a special year for you? What was your "big year" that you remember being monumental in your life?

No comments:

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

and now i'm 28!

 Friday, April 11, 2014 was my 28th birthday and I'm pretty positive it was my favorite birthday so far.

I took a hot yoga class.
(still not sure how I feel about yoga. I have LOTS of thoughts. I'm certainly not 100% sold, I'll say that)
But I had seriously hurt myself in a really tough run and it felt really good and necessary to stretch in a hot room that warmed your muscles up for deeper stretches.


Kevin is smart and gave me shopping money and just told me to go.
I love alone time. I'm always always always with a human, be it my family, clients, or church friends, so alone time is FABULOUS to me. The shoe salesman commented how "sad" that I didn't have a friend to be out birthday shopping with me and I just smiled. No lady, I want to be alone if I shop!

He and the girls got me other PRECIOUS gifts, like my favorite coffee shop's gift card for when the girls and I are on walks around town and we stop in for iced coffees! And a hat for summer that I LOVED but would never buy myself but Kev did for me AND Quest Bars...my favorite protein bars ever:) Isn't it SO sweet to get gifts that your husband and children collaborate on to give you? It's just so sweet!

yes, I bought these shoes. i love them. 
 My fabulous in-laws gave me shopping money and in years past I've gone around and bought a bunch of cheap stuff to satisfy my I-never-get-to-shop-so-soak-it-up feelings but this year I was smarter and bought one awesome thing - Ray Ban Aviators. It was a total TOTAL splurge for me and I'm stoked. I want to have less stuff, and really value and take care of the smaller amount of high quality things that I do have.

thank you Papala, Gramala, and PJ!!!
Every year the actual age I am is pretty anti-climactic because Kevin is always one year and a couple weeks ahead of me. So I'm forever RIGHT behind him and by the time I turn the next age, that number's already been thrown around a lot because it's what Kevin's already been for a year. BORING. Oh well!
I'm looking to the year of 28. Excited to see how I will get to see Yahweh in new ways.
Excited to love more and control less.
Excited to see big picture more and more.

beautiful birthday flowers from my momma. I love fresh flowers!!


Was 28 a special year for you? What was your "big year" that you remember being monumental in your life?

No comments: