Wednesday, March 19, 2014

lately!

Winter is always so hard for me and about 3/4 of the way through it I find myself battling my mind for happiness when all it wants is to whine and grump. Sometimes it wins, sometimes it doesn't. 
However, having these two little ones around sure makes long winters more fun. Here's what we've been up to:



Nora Truth got her first little hair trim! Her hair is very fine and VERY straight so I literally have no idea what to do with it, and that's my profession! Her wild hair matches her personality to a tee*


This might be my all-time favorite picture of these girls. Although that title is really an impossible one to give out. I just love this one though. Their personalities!


Ruby still needs naps, and when we skip them, she crashes in the early evening. On this particular night, it worked out well for both of us:)


                                     RUBY JAMES TURNED 4 this February!!!!!!!!!!!!!



We fulfilled all her dreams and had a Jump Zone party with just a handful of her close friends. I do the owner's hair and got a good little discount and Ruby adores JZ so it made sense. I LOVED IT. Jump Zone is all those huge inflatable bouncy houses and slides...the kids had SO MUCH FUN and played their little hearts out. All I did was paleo cookies and tiny water bottles and small toy favors for the kiddos...it was so outrageously easy and Ruby had the best time EVER.





She asked if she could PLEASE do a Jump Zone party ever year!
I said we'll see but what I really meant was YES.


After Jump Zone we came home and napped and when she woke up she and Daddy went on a date to the movies to see Frozen. She and Kev are the movie watchers in this house, so the theaters are right up their alley! She loved it.


We've gotten so.much.snow. this year...much more than I remember Arkansas ever getting. The girls have loved it and I've been faking happiness about it since the second time it snowed. Give me warmth, sunshine, and sandals!



But I really am SO thankful to live in a place that truly gets all four seasons. It's so beautiful and parallel to life and very encouraging. So yes, I do like winter. I just wouldn't mind at all if it lasted a little shorter:)



Life has been really good lately. I've had so many huge spiritual things going on (as always) and I'm constantly learning more about myself. Long story short: Holy crap, I'm a mess.
haha!
But really...I've just been so humbled lately and Yahweh has been so gracious with me and teaching me so much. I've had my eyes opened to Motherhood and I'd like to write about that soon. 

I'm taking a break from Instagram and I feel like I've been set free from prison. I'll explain that one later, too.
Life is so good and precious and important than to waste it on the small stuff.

I plan to write more regularly on here - I can't promise anything, but I'd really like to. I've got stuff to say that I want written down. I used to worry so much that I'm investing all this time and photographs into a website that probably won't be around when my kids are grown but...why worry? Just do it and enjoy it for now and don't sweat what's not even here yet. 

Now let's all rejoice in the fact that spring is almost here! Sunshine, park play dates, trail hiking, long stroller walks around town, picnics!

 HALLELUJAH!!!!

No comments:

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

lately!

Winter is always so hard for me and about 3/4 of the way through it I find myself battling my mind for happiness when all it wants is to whine and grump. Sometimes it wins, sometimes it doesn't. 
However, having these two little ones around sure makes long winters more fun. Here's what we've been up to:



Nora Truth got her first little hair trim! Her hair is very fine and VERY straight so I literally have no idea what to do with it, and that's my profession! Her wild hair matches her personality to a tee*


This might be my all-time favorite picture of these girls. Although that title is really an impossible one to give out. I just love this one though. Their personalities!


Ruby still needs naps, and when we skip them, she crashes in the early evening. On this particular night, it worked out well for both of us:)


                                     RUBY JAMES TURNED 4 this February!!!!!!!!!!!!!



We fulfilled all her dreams and had a Jump Zone party with just a handful of her close friends. I do the owner's hair and got a good little discount and Ruby adores JZ so it made sense. I LOVED IT. Jump Zone is all those huge inflatable bouncy houses and slides...the kids had SO MUCH FUN and played their little hearts out. All I did was paleo cookies and tiny water bottles and small toy favors for the kiddos...it was so outrageously easy and Ruby had the best time EVER.





She asked if she could PLEASE do a Jump Zone party ever year!
I said we'll see but what I really meant was YES.


After Jump Zone we came home and napped and when she woke up she and Daddy went on a date to the movies to see Frozen. She and Kev are the movie watchers in this house, so the theaters are right up their alley! She loved it.


We've gotten so.much.snow. this year...much more than I remember Arkansas ever getting. The girls have loved it and I've been faking happiness about it since the second time it snowed. Give me warmth, sunshine, and sandals!



But I really am SO thankful to live in a place that truly gets all four seasons. It's so beautiful and parallel to life and very encouraging. So yes, I do like winter. I just wouldn't mind at all if it lasted a little shorter:)



Life has been really good lately. I've had so many huge spiritual things going on (as always) and I'm constantly learning more about myself. Long story short: Holy crap, I'm a mess.
haha!
But really...I've just been so humbled lately and Yahweh has been so gracious with me and teaching me so much. I've had my eyes opened to Motherhood and I'd like to write about that soon. 

I'm taking a break from Instagram and I feel like I've been set free from prison. I'll explain that one later, too.
Life is so good and precious and important than to waste it on the small stuff.

I plan to write more regularly on here - I can't promise anything, but I'd really like to. I've got stuff to say that I want written down. I used to worry so much that I'm investing all this time and photographs into a website that probably won't be around when my kids are grown but...why worry? Just do it and enjoy it for now and don't sweat what's not even here yet. 

Now let's all rejoice in the fact that spring is almost here! Sunshine, park play dates, trail hiking, long stroller walks around town, picnics!

 HALLELUJAH!!!!

No comments: