Monday, September 23, 2013

wow - revelation

I have been wanting to get on here and share with whomever reads this, but also to keep a record of Yahweh's amazing ways.

I knew while we were in that hard season a little while back, that it was only an opportunity for us to respond right, and doing so would launch us further spiritually. And it most certainly has done just that.

One day, out of nowhere, I realized I had an outstanding amount of patience and love with Ruby and Nora. I had kept the house clean regularly, groceries were bought, and I was consistently happy. Then, I realized it had been going on for days...and I felt like "what the heck is happening?! Normally my responsibilities are swallowing me, I feel overwhelmed and somewhat defeated and pretty irritable when it all hits at once. But now? I'm LOVING every day. I see the mess in my house and car, but I really don't mind! It means we have little life around here that are learning and exploring and that's not only fine...that's WONDERFUL!" I had been struggling with feeling like the girls were in charge and I was their lowly servant, obeying their their every desire, but the tables had turned. I was lovingly in control, and it was working. I was firm, and they respected that and responded well to it. I have been loving every aspect of Motherhood.

I was feeling a little "uh...what the heck. This is too good to be true" (hate to admit that! but it was just so out-of-nowhere!) So when Kevin got home I walked outside by myself for a few minutes and started to pray and ask Yahweh what exactly this newness was. And He showed me almost immediately.

Blessing does not always look like money, although it's easy to think that way in our culture. It does not always mean stuff, or nothing ever going bad.
To us, the greatest blessings are the spiritual downloads to our character that change our lives forever.
To go from struggling in my flesh all the time to suddenly...not. To be given the love that exists way past little frustrations. To have the patience that spans further than any of my responsibilities. It's amazing! I can't explain how free I feel!

Yahweh showed me that the rough season was allowed so that we could qualify to enter into this place I'm in now. So that He could set me free in so many areas that I cried out to be changed in. It amazes me, His timing of things. We ask, and He listens, but He waits for the perfect timing to let us "get" it.

When you go through a hard, difficult, and very challenging time, and if you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit, then I hope you remember my story.
Know that you are being qualified for greatness.
Know that it is worth it.
Obedience ALWAYS brings blessing. Saying "I don't know what's happening, Father, but I trust you." gives Him full reign to blow your mind and set you free in places you didn't even know you were tied up.



Thank you Yahweh, for not causing these things to happen, but for allowing us to go through them because you saw we were mature enough to trust You in it, and we were ready to be taken to a new, larger place of freedom and peace and PURPOSE!!
Amen.

1 comment:

Leslie Shelton said...

I'm still here, enjoying every post! :)

Monday, September 23, 2013

wow - revelation

I have been wanting to get on here and share with whomever reads this, but also to keep a record of Yahweh's amazing ways.

I knew while we were in that hard season a little while back, that it was only an opportunity for us to respond right, and doing so would launch us further spiritually. And it most certainly has done just that.

One day, out of nowhere, I realized I had an outstanding amount of patience and love with Ruby and Nora. I had kept the house clean regularly, groceries were bought, and I was consistently happy. Then, I realized it had been going on for days...and I felt like "what the heck is happening?! Normally my responsibilities are swallowing me, I feel overwhelmed and somewhat defeated and pretty irritable when it all hits at once. But now? I'm LOVING every day. I see the mess in my house and car, but I really don't mind! It means we have little life around here that are learning and exploring and that's not only fine...that's WONDERFUL!" I had been struggling with feeling like the girls were in charge and I was their lowly servant, obeying their their every desire, but the tables had turned. I was lovingly in control, and it was working. I was firm, and they respected that and responded well to it. I have been loving every aspect of Motherhood.

I was feeling a little "uh...what the heck. This is too good to be true" (hate to admit that! but it was just so out-of-nowhere!) So when Kevin got home I walked outside by myself for a few minutes and started to pray and ask Yahweh what exactly this newness was. And He showed me almost immediately.

Blessing does not always look like money, although it's easy to think that way in our culture. It does not always mean stuff, or nothing ever going bad.
To us, the greatest blessings are the spiritual downloads to our character that change our lives forever.
To go from struggling in my flesh all the time to suddenly...not. To be given the love that exists way past little frustrations. To have the patience that spans further than any of my responsibilities. It's amazing! I can't explain how free I feel!

Yahweh showed me that the rough season was allowed so that we could qualify to enter into this place I'm in now. So that He could set me free in so many areas that I cried out to be changed in. It amazes me, His timing of things. We ask, and He listens, but He waits for the perfect timing to let us "get" it.

When you go through a hard, difficult, and very challenging time, and if you have a relationship with the Holy Spirit, then I hope you remember my story.
Know that you are being qualified for greatness.
Know that it is worth it.
Obedience ALWAYS brings blessing. Saying "I don't know what's happening, Father, but I trust you." gives Him full reign to blow your mind and set you free in places you didn't even know you were tied up.



Thank you Yahweh, for not causing these things to happen, but for allowing us to go through them because you saw we were mature enough to trust You in it, and we were ready to be taken to a new, larger place of freedom and peace and PURPOSE!!
Amen.

1 comment:

Leslie Shelton said...

I'm still here, enjoying every post! :)