Monday, April 1, 2013

nora 8 months

mouth-always open. always havin' a good time!

Ok, sweetie, something in you just *clicked* this month and you became AWESOME.
Like...so fun and happy all the time. And content to play with some toys on the floor and scoot around and just whatever - without hardly ever a complaint.
aka - my dream baby.


Your first 7 months were very challenging. You seemed frustrated and picky and annoyed most of the time. You cried a lot. I couldn't get anything done and I felt like a slave working under a very emotional boss.

And then? You got old enough to be "mobile" and more independent and you started to blossom. A switch was flipped and you became Nora! You are so happy!!
I genuinely love hanging out and playing with you - you are so fun now.
(For the record, Jammie tells me I was exactly like this as a baby. Frustrated and cranky until I could move around my self and then I was happy and wonderful. Hmmm. I'm thinking you might be Daddy on the outside, Mommy on the inside?)




-You weigh 19 or 20 pounds, according to our bathroom scale

-You have never been to any doctor or been sick other than runny nose and for that I am so grateful!

-You laugh at Ruby when she's crying which sometimes does the trick and turns Ruby's crying into laughter as well

-You are happy, happy, happy!

-You've been saying "da da", and "ma" like maybe once or twice.

-You chuckle and side grin and totally get our jokes. You have our sense of humor and you are 8 months old?! It's hilarious.

-I finally just picked off cradle cap you had in the very fron because it looked so gross to me. I let it go for about 7.5 months because I had read to leave it alone, but one day I just thought for your sake, you'd want me to pick it off. Did it while you were nursing and it didn't phase you a bit.

-Your hair is coming in very, very blonde. More like mine when I was a baby and Ruby's was more like Daddy's.

-You sleep through the night MOST of the time, but every now and then will go in a few phases where you wake up to nurse.

-You love food, and have shown no signs to not being able to handle any types of food.

-You keep getting your leg, and sometimes arm, stuck in between the bars of the crib and I hear you cry and think "she'll fall back asleep" but then it gets louder and I come in and you're stuck. Annoying I'm sure! I gave away both crib bumpers because they are suffocation risks as infants. Sigh. I feel like third times a charm-with our third baby I might have this thing nailed. In other words, I don't think crib bumpers are suffocations risks when they are Nora's age! As infants, sure, but our babies don't even sleep in the crib as infants so not a problem. Anyways...


-You are wearing size 6-12 mo shirts/onesies.
size 12mo-3t (capri) leggings and skirts. Cloth diapers help you fit into sister's clothes much sooner:)

-You take a morning nap around 10:00 and an afternoon nap around 3 or 4:00 and go to bed at 8:00pm.

-You are a big momma's girl.

-You cheeks could resurrect the dead. I love them so much. You can find me on any given day burying my face into them.

-No teeth yet, and crawling is right around the corner. You are scooting back, and getting up on hands and knees "pumping" yourself to get going but haven't taken that knee forward quite yet.

-You are SO CLOSE to going from laying to sitting up on your own. I think it'll happen any day now.


We absolutely and completely love you. 
You fit right in with this family, you happy girl, you!

1 comment:

Emily Kaiser said...

I'm catching up tonight instead of sleeping :-/ This pic of her in the red is gorgeous and adorable. Kisses to you, Nor Nor!

Monday, April 1, 2013

nora 8 months

mouth-always open. always havin' a good time!

Ok, sweetie, something in you just *clicked* this month and you became AWESOME.
Like...so fun and happy all the time. And content to play with some toys on the floor and scoot around and just whatever - without hardly ever a complaint.
aka - my dream baby.


Your first 7 months were very challenging. You seemed frustrated and picky and annoyed most of the time. You cried a lot. I couldn't get anything done and I felt like a slave working under a very emotional boss.

And then? You got old enough to be "mobile" and more independent and you started to blossom. A switch was flipped and you became Nora! You are so happy!!
I genuinely love hanging out and playing with you - you are so fun now.
(For the record, Jammie tells me I was exactly like this as a baby. Frustrated and cranky until I could move around my self and then I was happy and wonderful. Hmmm. I'm thinking you might be Daddy on the outside, Mommy on the inside?)




-You weigh 19 or 20 pounds, according to our bathroom scale

-You have never been to any doctor or been sick other than runny nose and for that I am so grateful!

-You laugh at Ruby when she's crying which sometimes does the trick and turns Ruby's crying into laughter as well

-You are happy, happy, happy!

-You've been saying "da da", and "ma" like maybe once or twice.

-You chuckle and side grin and totally get our jokes. You have our sense of humor and you are 8 months old?! It's hilarious.

-I finally just picked off cradle cap you had in the very fron because it looked so gross to me. I let it go for about 7.5 months because I had read to leave it alone, but one day I just thought for your sake, you'd want me to pick it off. Did it while you were nursing and it didn't phase you a bit.

-Your hair is coming in very, very blonde. More like mine when I was a baby and Ruby's was more like Daddy's.

-You sleep through the night MOST of the time, but every now and then will go in a few phases where you wake up to nurse.

-You love food, and have shown no signs to not being able to handle any types of food.

-You keep getting your leg, and sometimes arm, stuck in between the bars of the crib and I hear you cry and think "she'll fall back asleep" but then it gets louder and I come in and you're stuck. Annoying I'm sure! I gave away both crib bumpers because they are suffocation risks as infants. Sigh. I feel like third times a charm-with our third baby I might have this thing nailed. In other words, I don't think crib bumpers are suffocations risks when they are Nora's age! As infants, sure, but our babies don't even sleep in the crib as infants so not a problem. Anyways...


-You are wearing size 6-12 mo shirts/onesies.
size 12mo-3t (capri) leggings and skirts. Cloth diapers help you fit into sister's clothes much sooner:)

-You take a morning nap around 10:00 and an afternoon nap around 3 or 4:00 and go to bed at 8:00pm.

-You are a big momma's girl.

-You cheeks could resurrect the dead. I love them so much. You can find me on any given day burying my face into them.

-No teeth yet, and crawling is right around the corner. You are scooting back, and getting up on hands and knees "pumping" yourself to get going but haven't taken that knee forward quite yet.

-You are SO CLOSE to going from laying to sitting up on your own. I think it'll happen any day now.


We absolutely and completely love you. 
You fit right in with this family, you happy girl, you!

1 comment:

Emily Kaiser said...

I'm catching up tonight instead of sleeping :-/ This pic of her in the red is gorgeous and adorable. Kisses to you, Nor Nor!