Thursday, April 25, 2013

my ruby girl



She is 3 years old and very, very smart. She really understands social things quickly. When our neighbors across the street have guests that honk from their car to get someone to come out of the house Ruby looks out the window and says to me quietly "that's rude".

I forgot to write on here, but a few months ago, she went through a phase where she was recognizing people's countenances. She would just straight up call people out on it as we walked by. Point and say "look at that mean guy" as we walk passed. Or "that girl's really nice".

She does not like wearing her hair pulled back whatsoever. I have to beg and plead and make up some excuse like we don't want food to get in your hair or whatever. She always wants it down.

I think she's slooooowly coming out of the stage of wearing a $0.97 plasticy princess dress EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Typically the same one for days and days in a row. But she still chooses way-too-small-for-her shoes and wants/begs to wear them daily. And naps in them.

The other day I was hyper about something and me and Dad were doing our typical stomp/clap/dance that we do when something awesome happens and I danced super silly and I turned around and she had your hands over her eyes and said "I don't like your body dancing."
Best one liner ever, Ruby.

She loves to trade outfit pieces and shoes with her friends as soon as we get to ecclessia. Such a girl thing!

She has such a good sense of humor. All I have to do is smirk at her when she's acting ridiculous and we both lose it because she knows that behavior isn't gon' fly.

The other day I had her sit in time out. I walked in to talk to her and over heard her singing "and Daddy is the boooossss" waving her finger to the rhythm of the song.

Rides her tricycle all over the house. Her own little transportation system.

Spits her toothpaste out great.

Likes her hair blow-dried.

Gets her own cups and pours her own drinks.

Would wear a dress everyday if we had enough to.





Ruby, I notice and adore every curve of your face, every swirl of your hair, your small white teeth, the shape of your legs and belly, and your thin but soft arms.
You'll always be my child that'll be with me the longest. My firstborn! My pal.
I love you, sweetie.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

She is one very very special girl. I completely agree<3<3<3

Thursday, April 25, 2013

my ruby girl



She is 3 years old and very, very smart. She really understands social things quickly. When our neighbors across the street have guests that honk from their car to get someone to come out of the house Ruby looks out the window and says to me quietly "that's rude".

I forgot to write on here, but a few months ago, she went through a phase where she was recognizing people's countenances. She would just straight up call people out on it as we walked by. Point and say "look at that mean guy" as we walk passed. Or "that girl's really nice".

She does not like wearing her hair pulled back whatsoever. I have to beg and plead and make up some excuse like we don't want food to get in your hair or whatever. She always wants it down.

I think she's slooooowly coming out of the stage of wearing a $0.97 plasticy princess dress EVERY.SINGLE.DAY. Typically the same one for days and days in a row. But she still chooses way-too-small-for-her shoes and wants/begs to wear them daily. And naps in them.

The other day I was hyper about something and me and Dad were doing our typical stomp/clap/dance that we do when something awesome happens and I danced super silly and I turned around and she had your hands over her eyes and said "I don't like your body dancing."
Best one liner ever, Ruby.

She loves to trade outfit pieces and shoes with her friends as soon as we get to ecclessia. Such a girl thing!

She has such a good sense of humor. All I have to do is smirk at her when she's acting ridiculous and we both lose it because she knows that behavior isn't gon' fly.

The other day I had her sit in time out. I walked in to talk to her and over heard her singing "and Daddy is the boooossss" waving her finger to the rhythm of the song.

Rides her tricycle all over the house. Her own little transportation system.

Spits her toothpaste out great.

Likes her hair blow-dried.

Gets her own cups and pours her own drinks.

Would wear a dress everyday if we had enough to.





Ruby, I notice and adore every curve of your face, every swirl of your hair, your small white teeth, the shape of your legs and belly, and your thin but soft arms.
You'll always be my child that'll be with me the longest. My firstborn! My pal.
I love you, sweetie.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

She is one very very special girl. I completely agree<3<3<3