Monday, January 7, 2013

nora 5 months

Nora honey, you are

 preciously captivating,

fervently feisty,


and ornery as can be.

We've dubbed you "party girl Pearl" because we can tell you just like to have a good time.
You love being scared. Like if out of nowhere someone just claps loud and yells BOOM! You give a big side grin which leads to a laugh. Like a "good one, guys" kind of laugh.

You remind me of a teenager. I know that sounds weird but you make me think you "get" things already.

You are in the death-grip stage. I remember this with Ruby. It hurts so, so bad. My hair is constantly ripped out by those clammy little ninja hands. And I am clawed at with your razor fingernails often. When you get frustrated is when it's really bad. Oh, the love of a mother!

You seem to be teething, and I have a lot of patience for that because I can only imagine how bad that hurts.

You are sitting up! Falling over, of course, but sitting up!

You want food like you want your next breath. The way you stare at us eating is heart breaking. It's a month away, babe, you can do it!

Still sleep in bed with us, which I plan to switch you over soon. It's just so rough, a baby and a toddler sharing a room. Sweet Ruby is so patient. But you are such a light sleeper. You've taken lots of naps in there and you don't sleep a fraction as good as you do when you nap in our bed. Probably familiarity? But oh well, we'll see. 

You take a nap about an hour after you wake up in the mornings. That nap is usually an hour long. Then another longer nap in the afternoon. Then sometimes an evening nap for about an hour. I'm still trying to figure your schedule out. (sorry)

Still adore your sister. And she ADORES you.

clothes: 6-9 months (some larger, depending on what item)
diapers: size 3 (have been for a while now)


No comments:

Monday, January 7, 2013

nora 5 months

Nora honey, you are

 preciously captivating,

fervently feisty,


and ornery as can be.

We've dubbed you "party girl Pearl" because we can tell you just like to have a good time.
You love being scared. Like if out of nowhere someone just claps loud and yells BOOM! You give a big side grin which leads to a laugh. Like a "good one, guys" kind of laugh.

You remind me of a teenager. I know that sounds weird but you make me think you "get" things already.

You are in the death-grip stage. I remember this with Ruby. It hurts so, so bad. My hair is constantly ripped out by those clammy little ninja hands. And I am clawed at with your razor fingernails often. When you get frustrated is when it's really bad. Oh, the love of a mother!

You seem to be teething, and I have a lot of patience for that because I can only imagine how bad that hurts.

You are sitting up! Falling over, of course, but sitting up!

You want food like you want your next breath. The way you stare at us eating is heart breaking. It's a month away, babe, you can do it!

Still sleep in bed with us, which I plan to switch you over soon. It's just so rough, a baby and a toddler sharing a room. Sweet Ruby is so patient. But you are such a light sleeper. You've taken lots of naps in there and you don't sleep a fraction as good as you do when you nap in our bed. Probably familiarity? But oh well, we'll see. 

You take a nap about an hour after you wake up in the mornings. That nap is usually an hour long. Then another longer nap in the afternoon. Then sometimes an evening nap for about an hour. I'm still trying to figure your schedule out. (sorry)

Still adore your sister. And she ADORES you.

clothes: 6-9 months (some larger, depending on what item)
diapers: size 3 (have been for a while now)


No comments: