Wednesday, December 26, 2012

christmas 2012


Christmas was amazing this year, as always.
Here's little Ruby helping me make Christmas morning breakfast (pumpkin pancakes and eggs).
I am constantly thankful for family that lives so close by and is so involved in ours and our children's lives. It is a blessing that I never take for granted.

We watched videos of little Kev soloing...


Ruby helped Aunt Julie and Lori go feed some horses and chickens they have as a side job. I *think* she had a good time...


 Aunt Lori, Ruby, and Pretty Boy


Candlelight service at my sister's church.


Cousins giddy with excitement to sing "Jingle Bells" with hundreds of people.


Nora was given the absolute cutest little shoe/sock/bootie things I have ever seen in my life. Every picture you see of her from now on, she will be wearing these. LOVE them on her chubbers wubbers legs!




After sitting on couches and opening presents and eating lots of food all day, I realized "oh! I have grandparents here! I have babysitters!" I rallied the Kiehn kid troops to go do a workout.
It was like 27 degrees and reeeeeeally windy (the "feels like" weather was 17) so I can't say that it was fun like I had hoped. I puppy-dog-eyed my husband into doing it in the first place and I felt a little sheepish when we were all doing burpees in the tundra.



It was such a good time full of family, excitement, and love.

And, in mine and Kevin's true nature, we hope to take down the tree and all the Christmas decorations and say BRING ON THE NEW YEAR!
Yahweh has so much for us in 2013. I love new beginnings!

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

1) Your girls grow cuter every time I see them! I really hope someday we can all get together when Brice and I make a trip to Arkansas!

2) Thank you SO much for the Christmas card! It was like a sweet little Christmas surprise getting it in the mail! I will be sending you one of ours soon :)

3) Love you guys

Aunt Kristi said...

I ALWAYS enjoy the update and pictures of your beautiful, little family! Am anxiously awaiting the birth of my fourth grandSON while I wait to hear about Shannon and live vicariously through YOUR mother's grandDAUGHTERS! :)
Hoping to see you all in person again, someday!
Take care and Happy New Year!

jessica kiehn said...

Congratulations Kristi!!
Thanks for keeping up with us. It is a shame we live so far away but that's when the Internet comes in handy!
Bless you and may 2013 bring you greatness.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

christmas 2012


Christmas was amazing this year, as always.
Here's little Ruby helping me make Christmas morning breakfast (pumpkin pancakes and eggs).
I am constantly thankful for family that lives so close by and is so involved in ours and our children's lives. It is a blessing that I never take for granted.

We watched videos of little Kev soloing...


Ruby helped Aunt Julie and Lori go feed some horses and chickens they have as a side job. I *think* she had a good time...


 Aunt Lori, Ruby, and Pretty Boy


Candlelight service at my sister's church.


Cousins giddy with excitement to sing "Jingle Bells" with hundreds of people.


Nora was given the absolute cutest little shoe/sock/bootie things I have ever seen in my life. Every picture you see of her from now on, she will be wearing these. LOVE them on her chubbers wubbers legs!




After sitting on couches and opening presents and eating lots of food all day, I realized "oh! I have grandparents here! I have babysitters!" I rallied the Kiehn kid troops to go do a workout.
It was like 27 degrees and reeeeeeally windy (the "feels like" weather was 17) so I can't say that it was fun like I had hoped. I puppy-dog-eyed my husband into doing it in the first place and I felt a little sheepish when we were all doing burpees in the tundra.



It was such a good time full of family, excitement, and love.

And, in mine and Kevin's true nature, we hope to take down the tree and all the Christmas decorations and say BRING ON THE NEW YEAR!
Yahweh has so much for us in 2013. I love new beginnings!

3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

1) Your girls grow cuter every time I see them! I really hope someday we can all get together when Brice and I make a trip to Arkansas!

2) Thank you SO much for the Christmas card! It was like a sweet little Christmas surprise getting it in the mail! I will be sending you one of ours soon :)

3) Love you guys

Aunt Kristi said...

I ALWAYS enjoy the update and pictures of your beautiful, little family! Am anxiously awaiting the birth of my fourth grandSON while I wait to hear about Shannon and live vicariously through YOUR mother's grandDAUGHTERS! :)
Hoping to see you all in person again, someday!
Take care and Happy New Year!

jessica kiehn said...

Congratulations Kristi!!
Thanks for keeping up with us. It is a shame we live so far away but that's when the Internet comes in handy!
Bless you and may 2013 bring you greatness.