Friday, November 30, 2012

shutting my mouth

I haven't written a lot on this blog for a while
#1 because I literally always have my hands full. I remember my friend telling me when you have little ones, getting to cut your toenails is like a special vacation-y treat, and she was so right.
#2 I honestly don't have much to say.
Let me clarify:
Yahweh is doing so much in me, telling me so many things, teaching me. So many circumstances have happened that have been learning experiences for me. Events that have opened my eyes, taught me something, etc.
And I realized something.

I spout off at the mouth a lot.
I always have an opinion.
I am always talking and have my index finger loaded and ready.

And I've learned that's a rather big sign of immaturity.
Sure, I'm further ahead than many others my age. But being arrogant about being "mature" makes you not mature.
The truth is, I don't know.
I haven't lived enough life to stand on soap boxes and preach up one side and down the other.
What I thought I knew is constantly changing.
I am constantly being humbled over and over again.
He is constantly teaching me new things.

And, while I know I will ALWAYS be learning and never know it all, I know that this particular season and this particular time/age of my life is a shut-up-and-listen stage. He's teaching me so much, and molding me into what He wants me to be. And He just needs me to humble myself, sit at His feet, and learn. And not run off "look what I learned! I know soooo much!!! Looky looky!".
But to quietly soak everything in, let Him change me from the inside out, and then when I'm ready and it's time, go live and let my life speak louder than my words.

No comments:

Friday, November 30, 2012

shutting my mouth

I haven't written a lot on this blog for a while
#1 because I literally always have my hands full. I remember my friend telling me when you have little ones, getting to cut your toenails is like a special vacation-y treat, and she was so right.
#2 I honestly don't have much to say.
Let me clarify:
Yahweh is doing so much in me, telling me so many things, teaching me. So many circumstances have happened that have been learning experiences for me. Events that have opened my eyes, taught me something, etc.
And I realized something.

I spout off at the mouth a lot.
I always have an opinion.
I am always talking and have my index finger loaded and ready.

And I've learned that's a rather big sign of immaturity.
Sure, I'm further ahead than many others my age. But being arrogant about being "mature" makes you not mature.
The truth is, I don't know.
I haven't lived enough life to stand on soap boxes and preach up one side and down the other.
What I thought I knew is constantly changing.
I am constantly being humbled over and over again.
He is constantly teaching me new things.

And, while I know I will ALWAYS be learning and never know it all, I know that this particular season and this particular time/age of my life is a shut-up-and-listen stage. He's teaching me so much, and molding me into what He wants me to be. And He just needs me to humble myself, sit at His feet, and learn. And not run off "look what I learned! I know soooo much!!! Looky looky!".
But to quietly soak everything in, let Him change me from the inside out, and then when I'm ready and it's time, go live and let my life speak louder than my words.

No comments: