Friday, November 16, 2012

life lately

Nora, the best human that has ever existed.
You are the snuggliest girl I've ever met.
With the most perfect, fat, cellulite thighs and bounciest, chubby cheeks.


The other day I put in a Jillian Michaels DVD and Ruby did the whole thing with me.
I couldn't believe it! 20 minutes of focus and movement. Go Ru!


Someone gave us a hand-me-down pink sheer canopy to hang over Ruby's bed and she was thrilled. 
A real princess bed. She was singing every word because she was in princess zone. 
"daaaaaddy, would you read me a boooook peeeeease?"
"saaaank you"
Whenever I look at Nora, John Mayer's Your Body is a Wonderland starts playing in my head.


We went on a nature scavenger hunt and Ruby was loving every minute.
Kids belong in water and outdoors.



Life lately has been so huge and so humbling.
Sometimes it's just plain hard. The hard times are the maturing times. The times when there's a fork in the road and you can either go towards Yahweh or away from Him. And it's always, always hard to choose the right thing. Because up front it's A LOT more work and a lot harder, but in the end you're always so glad you did.

I've learned that life is a series of ups and downs. Testing times and then rejoicing times. Preparing times and then performance times. You just gotta hold on close to your family and press on through.

I've learned that the world is all about separating the family, and getting everyone to be so busy and go their separate ways. But I know better than to tear the family unit apart, to mess up Yahweh's greatest expression. Kevin and I have been fighting lately to protect our family and keep us in unity and in agreement and standing strong as one. Starting with he and I, and trickling down to the girls. Hard up front, worth it in the end.

I encourage you today - seek Truth.
Shut off all the voices and hear what the voice of the Lord is saying to you.
Follow that voice and obey it's directions and you'll be overwhelmed with the goodness of the fruit of your labor.

No comments:

Friday, November 16, 2012

life lately

Nora, the best human that has ever existed.
You are the snuggliest girl I've ever met.
With the most perfect, fat, cellulite thighs and bounciest, chubby cheeks.


The other day I put in a Jillian Michaels DVD and Ruby did the whole thing with me.
I couldn't believe it! 20 minutes of focus and movement. Go Ru!


Someone gave us a hand-me-down pink sheer canopy to hang over Ruby's bed and she was thrilled. 
A real princess bed. She was singing every word because she was in princess zone. 
"daaaaaddy, would you read me a boooook peeeeease?"
"saaaank you"
Whenever I look at Nora, John Mayer's Your Body is a Wonderland starts playing in my head.


We went on a nature scavenger hunt and Ruby was loving every minute.
Kids belong in water and outdoors.



Life lately has been so huge and so humbling.
Sometimes it's just plain hard. The hard times are the maturing times. The times when there's a fork in the road and you can either go towards Yahweh or away from Him. And it's always, always hard to choose the right thing. Because up front it's A LOT more work and a lot harder, but in the end you're always so glad you did.

I've learned that life is a series of ups and downs. Testing times and then rejoicing times. Preparing times and then performance times. You just gotta hold on close to your family and press on through.

I've learned that the world is all about separating the family, and getting everyone to be so busy and go their separate ways. But I know better than to tear the family unit apart, to mess up Yahweh's greatest expression. Kevin and I have been fighting lately to protect our family and keep us in unity and in agreement and standing strong as one. Starting with he and I, and trickling down to the girls. Hard up front, worth it in the end.

I encourage you today - seek Truth.
Shut off all the voices and hear what the voice of the Lord is saying to you.
Follow that voice and obey it's directions and you'll be overwhelmed with the goodness of the fruit of your labor.

No comments: