Tuesday, October 16, 2012

sisters


I knew as soon as I found out it was a girl.
I saw pictures in my mind of a chubby little 2 year old staring up at her 4 1/2 year old big sister, standing in front of me and Kevin, wearing mismatched outfits with tutus, and singing for us as we sit on the couch and watch and oooh and aaah at their performance.
Ruby would be a little bossy, telling her sister what moves to do and when.
"Nora! Turn around! Arms up, Nora" and Nora would doing what she could to please her sister, but maybe not quite as into the performance as Ruby is.

It's already starting.
Ruby is the best big sister ever. Never an ounce of jealousy - talks to her sister like I talk to her. With such a big girl tone of voice and stance.
And Nora thinks her big sister is just the coolest thing she's ever seen.

I love you girls. May you be best friends forever.

6 comments:

JMKiehn said...

Yes, we know and we will enjoy every minute of it with you.

Sheryl said...

Look at Nora gazing into Rubys eyes. You can see it already. They're deeply bonded. Sooooo sweet

Leslie said...

They are going to be BEST friends forever. They will always have each other.

Aunt Kristi said...

Yay! I was able to tap back into your blog again! Your photos bring tears to my eyes!!!

Leslie Shelton said...

If I knew Kevin as a baby, I would think I'm looking at him! Wow does Nora look like her papa!

Kari Beth said...

So very sweet. As much as I wish and pray for Elle to have a sister I'm starting to lean towards baby #2 is a boy. I love love love the relationships that sisters have and I've always, my entire life, wished I had a sister. And still to this day wish I did.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

sisters


I knew as soon as I found out it was a girl.
I saw pictures in my mind of a chubby little 2 year old staring up at her 4 1/2 year old big sister, standing in front of me and Kevin, wearing mismatched outfits with tutus, and singing for us as we sit on the couch and watch and oooh and aaah at their performance.
Ruby would be a little bossy, telling her sister what moves to do and when.
"Nora! Turn around! Arms up, Nora" and Nora would doing what she could to please her sister, but maybe not quite as into the performance as Ruby is.

It's already starting.
Ruby is the best big sister ever. Never an ounce of jealousy - talks to her sister like I talk to her. With such a big girl tone of voice and stance.
And Nora thinks her big sister is just the coolest thing she's ever seen.

I love you girls. May you be best friends forever.

6 comments:

JMKiehn said...

Yes, we know and we will enjoy every minute of it with you.

Sheryl said...

Look at Nora gazing into Rubys eyes. You can see it already. They're deeply bonded. Sooooo sweet

Leslie said...

They are going to be BEST friends forever. They will always have each other.

Aunt Kristi said...

Yay! I was able to tap back into your blog again! Your photos bring tears to my eyes!!!

Leslie Shelton said...

If I knew Kevin as a baby, I would think I'm looking at him! Wow does Nora look like her papa!

Kari Beth said...

So very sweet. As much as I wish and pray for Elle to have a sister I'm starting to lean towards baby #2 is a boy. I love love love the relationships that sisters have and I've always, my entire life, wished I had a sister. And still to this day wish I did.