Monday, October 1, 2012

the moments that make life sweet

 Went to peek into Ruby's room one night before I went to bed and found her like this. You fall asleep in the cutest ways and places, darlin.

We've been having lots of coffee + breakfast + hang out time on our front porch. A porch is now a necessary staple (front or back) for every house we live in. We are ALWAYS on this thing. And we just talk and talk and watch all the cars go by. Kevin is wondering why I just set the camera down to take a self-timer pic of us, but I had to capture the moment!



Typical Nora. So chubby, so happy.


Both my girls love cuddling with Daddy. Probably because he loves it too and can just lay there forever and fall asleep and I can't sit still for much longer than 5 minutes.


Me and my Nora girl. She's almost 9 weeks old here. Keepin it real with the laundry basket and unmade bed in the picture. Real life, people!


 Hello. I'm Nora Truth. I eat every 20 mins and panic if I feel myself losing an ounce of weight. Gain gain gain is my motto! Just kidding. But you do love to nurse, you little cutie.

Now, let's talk about this girl:

She is precious and hilarious and sweet and ornery and determined and to be honest - exactly like me.
There is so much passion in that little girl.
She's just not mature enough to understand how to control or calm it. Enter: parents.
But really, she's just like me, so I get her. I understand when she gets frustrated because I totally would in that case, too.
And then she has her Dad's sweetness and kindness.

The other day I made muffins for people that were coming the next day. We told her she could have one muffin. She ate it and all was well.
While we were working out in the garage getting ready for the garage sale and she was UNDOING and playing with everything, we decided we'd just let her watch a show in the house (we kept the garage door to the house open and she was right there in the salon).
She came out to us and said she had to potty. While sitting on the toilet, she told Kevin "muffins in my tummy."

She was admitting she had snuck up on the counter and eaten more than what we said she could. I found the tupperware of muffins on the chair she was sitting on while watching her show.
this was full.
We figured she ate about 5 muffins! No wonder her tummy was full and she had to admit it.  I have no idea how a 2 1/2 yr old can eat that much muffin!

The other night Kev was laying her down for the night. She requests several things each nap/bedtime. From all her stuffed animals surrounding her, to her purses in bed with her, to her necklace hanging on the bedpost, to being tucked in, etc....she likes things to be just right to go to sleep. (exactly like me!)
Anyway, Daddy did all of that and then she started to panic as he went for the door to leave.
"peako me!"
'What?'
"peako me! peako me!"
"tuck you in?"
"no! you already tucked me in. peako me!"

and then he realized...speak over me.

"speak over you?"
"yeah", relieved.

And he laid his hand on her head, brushed his fingers through her hair, and spoke rest and peace over her.

It's moments like this remind us why parenting is so rewarding, huge, and worth it.

4 comments:

Chrissy Galloway said...

Ok I nearly shed a tear when I read the "peako me." So much sweetness...

Meghan said...

I can't tell you how many times I've caught my 3 year old little gal in the refrigerator "stealing" strawberries and cheese sticks. She thinks he's being SO sneaky. When she was younger, we would find them in her pockets. I love having these stories to tell her when she is older!

Leslie said...

NORA!!! With her double chin! She is so chunky. It's so cute!

Peako me is the best thing ever. You have to get that on video. Ruby, you are too cool.

Aunt Kristi said...

Will never know how much pleasure your blogs bring me!

Monday, October 1, 2012

the moments that make life sweet

 Went to peek into Ruby's room one night before I went to bed and found her like this. You fall asleep in the cutest ways and places, darlin.

We've been having lots of coffee + breakfast + hang out time on our front porch. A porch is now a necessary staple (front or back) for every house we live in. We are ALWAYS on this thing. And we just talk and talk and watch all the cars go by. Kevin is wondering why I just set the camera down to take a self-timer pic of us, but I had to capture the moment!



Typical Nora. So chubby, so happy.


Both my girls love cuddling with Daddy. Probably because he loves it too and can just lay there forever and fall asleep and I can't sit still for much longer than 5 minutes.


Me and my Nora girl. She's almost 9 weeks old here. Keepin it real with the laundry basket and unmade bed in the picture. Real life, people!


 Hello. I'm Nora Truth. I eat every 20 mins and panic if I feel myself losing an ounce of weight. Gain gain gain is my motto! Just kidding. But you do love to nurse, you little cutie.

Now, let's talk about this girl:

She is precious and hilarious and sweet and ornery and determined and to be honest - exactly like me.
There is so much passion in that little girl.
She's just not mature enough to understand how to control or calm it. Enter: parents.
But really, she's just like me, so I get her. I understand when she gets frustrated because I totally would in that case, too.
And then she has her Dad's sweetness and kindness.

The other day I made muffins for people that were coming the next day. We told her she could have one muffin. She ate it and all was well.
While we were working out in the garage getting ready for the garage sale and she was UNDOING and playing with everything, we decided we'd just let her watch a show in the house (we kept the garage door to the house open and she was right there in the salon).
She came out to us and said she had to potty. While sitting on the toilet, she told Kevin "muffins in my tummy."

She was admitting she had snuck up on the counter and eaten more than what we said she could. I found the tupperware of muffins on the chair she was sitting on while watching her show.
this was full.
We figured she ate about 5 muffins! No wonder her tummy was full and she had to admit it.  I have no idea how a 2 1/2 yr old can eat that much muffin!

The other night Kev was laying her down for the night. She requests several things each nap/bedtime. From all her stuffed animals surrounding her, to her purses in bed with her, to her necklace hanging on the bedpost, to being tucked in, etc....she likes things to be just right to go to sleep. (exactly like me!)
Anyway, Daddy did all of that and then she started to panic as he went for the door to leave.
"peako me!"
'What?'
"peako me! peako me!"
"tuck you in?"
"no! you already tucked me in. peako me!"

and then he realized...speak over me.

"speak over you?"
"yeah", relieved.

And he laid his hand on her head, brushed his fingers through her hair, and spoke rest and peace over her.

It's moments like this remind us why parenting is so rewarding, huge, and worth it.

4 comments:

Chrissy Galloway said...

Ok I nearly shed a tear when I read the "peako me." So much sweetness...

Meghan said...

I can't tell you how many times I've caught my 3 year old little gal in the refrigerator "stealing" strawberries and cheese sticks. She thinks he's being SO sneaky. When she was younger, we would find them in her pockets. I love having these stories to tell her when she is older!

Leslie said...

NORA!!! With her double chin! She is so chunky. It's so cute!

Peako me is the best thing ever. You have to get that on video. Ruby, you are too cool.

Aunt Kristi said...

Will never know how much pleasure your blogs bring me!