Tuesday, September 25, 2012

nora 2 months

 Nora Truth, you are 2 months old and it's freaking me out.
Some things that moms/grown ups say can get kind of annoying because you hear it all the time.
Like "time is flying by"...
but then it happens to you and you start saying it right along with them.

-You are absolutely precious. Sooooo smiley. You smile all the time when we actually sit and take time to look you in the eye and talk to you. I actually really dislike the fact that second children get so much less attention and care. I guess the reason that the "you being 2 months old freaks me out" is because I feel like I never really get to just sit in the quietness and stare at you and be with you for more than minutes at a time. And all of the sudden...two months has passed and I'll never get them back.
But Daddy keeps reassuring me that that's okay, and that's how it is for every family and every second born. And you were perfectly placed as second born in this family for a reason.

-You've had a hard time pooping since you were born. With the help of several glycerin suppositories, we've emptied you out, but now Dr. Shipman has you on an herb (Nature's Sunshine Liquid LB) that's really been helping. We are getting you flowing on your own, sister.


-I can't believe how much you've grown in just four weeks. Which, I just realized...you're 8 weeks old here, not 2 months. You're still a week away from 2 months. Oh well, close enough.
You are as chubby as can be and I LOVE IT.

-You started cooing to us this week and it is music to my ears. Greatest sound on earth.

-I just started last night and today swaddling you up, then laying you down with the lights off, cool mist humidifier humming, fan on gently and sneaking out the door, leaving you there to fall asleep by yourself. And guess what? YOU DO! It's heaven!!!!!
I used to have to rock Ruby to sleep for forever and me and Kevin said "next child we will do this differently". And Yahweh gave us the coolest little girl next that goes to sleep on her own. Yes and amen, Nora girl. Yes and amen.

-You weigh 14 or 15 lbs. Holy moly.

-Your nicknames are:
Nor Nor Gabor
which turned to just Gabor
to Gaborsey
to Gorbonzo
Beach Body
Truthie

We often wonder if we've confused Ruby that we named her sister Nora yet never call you that.
But she goes right along with it and calls you Nor Nor all the time. Never Nora.

-Every night at 9:30 you are like OK! I'M TIRED. EVERYONE TO BED. You don't want to be laid down to sleep, you want the whole house shut down, and us cuddling next to you in bed. It's awesome.

-You wake up once or twice at night, usually 5 or 6 hours apart and sleep from 9:30pm to 8:30 or 9:30 am. You are an awesome sleeper!

-You nurse like a champ and looove to do so. (Remember, 15 lbs. at 8 wks)

-You are so laid back and sweet and happy. Not one to complain. You do always want to be with us. And as long as that is the case, you're happy. When everyone leaves the room you're like "uh....guys?" and make sure we take you in the room we're in.



Let's compare, shall we?



Oh honey, I adore you.
-Momma

8 comments:

KimKlip71 said...

Wow so cute! I can't believe she is 15 lbs...she's not far behind her 1st cousin once removed??? ...he's 16 lbs. 7 oz. at 16 weeks and I thought he was a chunk! Anything I ever read on baby sleep does say the most important thing is to get them to fall asleep on their own, so way to go on that one! I can't wait to come down to Arkansas and get the kiddos together!

PJ said...

She is so sweet. Kevin's mini-me as well ya think? Enjoy your girls.

Leslie said...

OH MY WORD!!! SO SO CUTE!! Love her! I just can't believe she is already TWO months. I know exactly how you feel about the time flies by. And I love the name Gabor. That's the best!

PS- I like those super fancy, super rich monogrammed onesies you have with the months on them. heehee

Dennis said...

Jessica, I love Kevin's comment about Nora's birth order. He is, of course, 100% correct. Nora will love YOUR comments when she digs them out of whatever passes for an electronic baby book sometime in the future.

Emily Kaiser said...

How on earth has she gained 3.5lbs in 2 weeks!? You must be nursing her all day!

jessica kiehn said...

well emily its not an official baby scale. i stand on the scale and its at 125 and then i hold her with me and it goes to 140:) so its her unofficial old school-non electric scale weight:)

Emily Kaiser said...

That that should be accurate then! Wowee! What a sweet, little chunky monkey (As Grace's Daddy would say) she is!

Haley Galloway said...

I've been quiet around here but I've been keeping up!! We moved a month ago and still haven't gotten our internet hooked up (and honestly I don't know that we ever will) But when I come up to my parents I always check up on the good ole Kiehn's! NORA you are beautiful and look just like your daddy. I love when daughters look like their daddy's. Happy 2 months!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

nora 2 months

 Nora Truth, you are 2 months old and it's freaking me out.
Some things that moms/grown ups say can get kind of annoying because you hear it all the time.
Like "time is flying by"...
but then it happens to you and you start saying it right along with them.

-You are absolutely precious. Sooooo smiley. You smile all the time when we actually sit and take time to look you in the eye and talk to you. I actually really dislike the fact that second children get so much less attention and care. I guess the reason that the "you being 2 months old freaks me out" is because I feel like I never really get to just sit in the quietness and stare at you and be with you for more than minutes at a time. And all of the sudden...two months has passed and I'll never get them back.
But Daddy keeps reassuring me that that's okay, and that's how it is for every family and every second born. And you were perfectly placed as second born in this family for a reason.

-You've had a hard time pooping since you were born. With the help of several glycerin suppositories, we've emptied you out, but now Dr. Shipman has you on an herb (Nature's Sunshine Liquid LB) that's really been helping. We are getting you flowing on your own, sister.


-I can't believe how much you've grown in just four weeks. Which, I just realized...you're 8 weeks old here, not 2 months. You're still a week away from 2 months. Oh well, close enough.
You are as chubby as can be and I LOVE IT.

-You started cooing to us this week and it is music to my ears. Greatest sound on earth.

-I just started last night and today swaddling you up, then laying you down with the lights off, cool mist humidifier humming, fan on gently and sneaking out the door, leaving you there to fall asleep by yourself. And guess what? YOU DO! It's heaven!!!!!
I used to have to rock Ruby to sleep for forever and me and Kevin said "next child we will do this differently". And Yahweh gave us the coolest little girl next that goes to sleep on her own. Yes and amen, Nora girl. Yes and amen.

-You weigh 14 or 15 lbs. Holy moly.

-Your nicknames are:
Nor Nor Gabor
which turned to just Gabor
to Gaborsey
to Gorbonzo
Beach Body
Truthie

We often wonder if we've confused Ruby that we named her sister Nora yet never call you that.
But she goes right along with it and calls you Nor Nor all the time. Never Nora.

-Every night at 9:30 you are like OK! I'M TIRED. EVERYONE TO BED. You don't want to be laid down to sleep, you want the whole house shut down, and us cuddling next to you in bed. It's awesome.

-You wake up once or twice at night, usually 5 or 6 hours apart and sleep from 9:30pm to 8:30 or 9:30 am. You are an awesome sleeper!

-You nurse like a champ and looove to do so. (Remember, 15 lbs. at 8 wks)

-You are so laid back and sweet and happy. Not one to complain. You do always want to be with us. And as long as that is the case, you're happy. When everyone leaves the room you're like "uh....guys?" and make sure we take you in the room we're in.



Let's compare, shall we?



Oh honey, I adore you.
-Momma

8 comments:

KimKlip71 said...

Wow so cute! I can't believe she is 15 lbs...she's not far behind her 1st cousin once removed??? ...he's 16 lbs. 7 oz. at 16 weeks and I thought he was a chunk! Anything I ever read on baby sleep does say the most important thing is to get them to fall asleep on their own, so way to go on that one! I can't wait to come down to Arkansas and get the kiddos together!

PJ said...

She is so sweet. Kevin's mini-me as well ya think? Enjoy your girls.

Leslie said...

OH MY WORD!!! SO SO CUTE!! Love her! I just can't believe she is already TWO months. I know exactly how you feel about the time flies by. And I love the name Gabor. That's the best!

PS- I like those super fancy, super rich monogrammed onesies you have with the months on them. heehee

Dennis said...

Jessica, I love Kevin's comment about Nora's birth order. He is, of course, 100% correct. Nora will love YOUR comments when she digs them out of whatever passes for an electronic baby book sometime in the future.

Emily Kaiser said...

How on earth has she gained 3.5lbs in 2 weeks!? You must be nursing her all day!

jessica kiehn said...

well emily its not an official baby scale. i stand on the scale and its at 125 and then i hold her with me and it goes to 140:) so its her unofficial old school-non electric scale weight:)

Emily Kaiser said...

That that should be accurate then! Wowee! What a sweet, little chunky monkey (As Grace's Daddy would say) she is!

Haley Galloway said...

I've been quiet around here but I've been keeping up!! We moved a month ago and still haven't gotten our internet hooked up (and honestly I don't know that we ever will) But when I come up to my parents I always check up on the good ole Kiehn's! NORA you are beautiful and look just like your daddy. I love when daughters look like their daddy's. Happy 2 months!