Wednesday, September 19, 2012

good eats + purgefest 2012


Let's start this post off with something delicious - the meal above.
So easy, so yummy.

Brown rice
frozen bag of stir-fry mix
sauteed in sesame oil, butter, and bit of coconut oil
soy sauce
and honey

then drizzle on top this heavenly sauce that John made up while we were making this meal:
creamy natural peanut butter
ground ginger
soy sauce
honey

and oh virginia is this DELICIOUS.


somebody keeps getting cuter and cuter and winning me over.
babies are crazy, at least for me. Because there is a bond that happens when you have your baby, yes, but the truth is that you just don't know them very well yet. They are a new little person that I am getting to know and they are getting to know me!
So basically, the more I get to know Nora, the more I can tell she's a keeper.

PURGE-FEST!
Wednesday mornings Kevin is home and we've started a family tradition to make coffee and breakfast and sit out on the front porch and have it out there.
This morning during our coffee time we came up with a plan to strip this house of all of it's unnecessary items and have a garage sale.
I'm going to be honest...I *hope* that the garage sale thing happens, but I don't know if it really will.
It seems like a loooooot of work.
But just shut up and do it Jess, right?

 Anyways, I started with the kitchen and got paid for my work by cleaning out the junk drawer. booya!

My progress is rather slow. I have squirts of energy and then...it's over. Hence how I am blogging ABOUT cleaning rather than cleaning.
Yesterday I did this:
 and holy moly those yogi's aren't messing around.
My only very minimal experience with yoga prior to this was basically a spa treatment.
Not no mo. Now it's the real deal and I am definitely feelin' it. It was an hour and fifteen minutes for pete's sake! (who is pete?)
Anyway, today I am SO sore. But at least now my body looks like that lady's so it was worth it.
But really, who can purge while sore? Oh, tons of people? Ok. Just shut up and do it, Jessica!

Aaaaaand this is what Kevin was doing.
Pretending to be on Wonka Vision.


He had to crawl under our house's crawl space (which is a cold, dark, foot and half tall space, bless his soul) to fix a plumbing issue and a friend of ours that does home inspections gave him this suit for crawling under houses. Sooo funny. I would be delighted if I drove by someone's house and saw them walking around the yard in this thing.

Delighted.
I love Kevin, I would never do this.

Okay, I have to peel myself off of this thing and get to work.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ok, as I was reading this post, I was like, "ok, I'll comment on the food, oh and sweet nora's face, oh and yep, will comment on the yoga...then all that faded away when I read the Wonka Vision line. I AM DYING!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!! Ahhahahahahah!!!!!

Carman said...

Yep, me too. I laughed out loud at the Wonka Vision line. :)

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

good eats + purgefest 2012


Let's start this post off with something delicious - the meal above.
So easy, so yummy.

Brown rice
frozen bag of stir-fry mix
sauteed in sesame oil, butter, and bit of coconut oil
soy sauce
and honey

then drizzle on top this heavenly sauce that John made up while we were making this meal:
creamy natural peanut butter
ground ginger
soy sauce
honey

and oh virginia is this DELICIOUS.


somebody keeps getting cuter and cuter and winning me over.
babies are crazy, at least for me. Because there is a bond that happens when you have your baby, yes, but the truth is that you just don't know them very well yet. They are a new little person that I am getting to know and they are getting to know me!
So basically, the more I get to know Nora, the more I can tell she's a keeper.

PURGE-FEST!
Wednesday mornings Kevin is home and we've started a family tradition to make coffee and breakfast and sit out on the front porch and have it out there.
This morning during our coffee time we came up with a plan to strip this house of all of it's unnecessary items and have a garage sale.
I'm going to be honest...I *hope* that the garage sale thing happens, but I don't know if it really will.
It seems like a loooooot of work.
But just shut up and do it Jess, right?

 Anyways, I started with the kitchen and got paid for my work by cleaning out the junk drawer. booya!

My progress is rather slow. I have squirts of energy and then...it's over. Hence how I am blogging ABOUT cleaning rather than cleaning.
Yesterday I did this:
 and holy moly those yogi's aren't messing around.
My only very minimal experience with yoga prior to this was basically a spa treatment.
Not no mo. Now it's the real deal and I am definitely feelin' it. It was an hour and fifteen minutes for pete's sake! (who is pete?)
Anyway, today I am SO sore. But at least now my body looks like that lady's so it was worth it.
But really, who can purge while sore? Oh, tons of people? Ok. Just shut up and do it, Jessica!

Aaaaaand this is what Kevin was doing.
Pretending to be on Wonka Vision.


He had to crawl under our house's crawl space (which is a cold, dark, foot and half tall space, bless his soul) to fix a plumbing issue and a friend of ours that does home inspections gave him this suit for crawling under houses. Sooo funny. I would be delighted if I drove by someone's house and saw them walking around the yard in this thing.

Delighted.
I love Kevin, I would never do this.

Okay, I have to peel myself off of this thing and get to work.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Ok, as I was reading this post, I was like, "ok, I'll comment on the food, oh and sweet nora's face, oh and yep, will comment on the yoga...then all that faded away when I read the Wonka Vision line. I AM DYING!!! HILARIOUS!!!!!! Ahhahahahahah!!!!!

Carman said...

Yep, me too. I laughed out loud at the Wonka Vision line. :)