Thursday, August 16, 2012

potty training


This beautiful little girl is potty training.
Just, out of nowhere, she started using the potty on her own.
So I decided to get involved to really push it over the edge and take it from trainING to trainED.

we have two kids!!!! i love it so much!

Off we went to the store to get some reward stickers. I had been giving her dark chocolate chips every time she went but I thought a non-food reward would be better. More exciting too!


 During her nap, I made this chart for her to wake up to. Ruby is all about stuff like this and I knew she would think it's so cool.
Of course, she doesn't know what day it is, but I thought making it have some specifics like "put your potty sticker here" would make it even more special.


She is doing amazing. Woke up this morning with a dry diaper through the night.
Naps in her panties - dry as a bone.
Had no accidents today.
And she's even gone #2 in there twice. That's huge, people!




Oh, I also got a few little dollar toys as "poopy presents" I know that sounds gross, but I did this all on a whim and that's just what came to mind.
She gets to put a sticker on her chart for every potty. But every poop, now that's reason to celebrate, and she gets to pick one of the toys out of the stash.
So far, so good! We make a REALLY big deal about how cool her poopy present is and that she got it for being such a big girl.
We are so proud of her. And she's proud of herself, too, which I think is huge.
The other day Kevin took her potty and she looked up at him and said "are you proud of me?"
We sure are, Ruby girl!

4 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

That FIRST photo is killing me! Go Ruby Go!! We are going to start potty training Sophie in the next half of a year. She is already showing signs of being ready. I totally love the idea of sticker rewards! It will be so nice to only have ONE in diapers!!

Christi said...

Love the chart! You tell her and show her the days on the chart and I guarantee she WILL know them before long! This is "homeschooling" at its finest! See, you CAN do it! Youve already started!! :)

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

WAY TO GO! That's awesome! i love the little chart! Easton would LOVE that too. Kid's crazy about some stickers! LOVES THEM! I'm thinking about trying this soon...I've heard 3 days is all it takes...so I need to devote 3 days to the apartment and the potty. joy. HA! Glad y'all are doing well! xoxoxox

Leslie said...

The chart and stickers is exactly what we did with Miller and it's worked like a charm!!

PS- She looks like a model in that firs pic!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

potty training


This beautiful little girl is potty training.
Just, out of nowhere, she started using the potty on her own.
So I decided to get involved to really push it over the edge and take it from trainING to trainED.

we have two kids!!!! i love it so much!

Off we went to the store to get some reward stickers. I had been giving her dark chocolate chips every time she went but I thought a non-food reward would be better. More exciting too!


 During her nap, I made this chart for her to wake up to. Ruby is all about stuff like this and I knew she would think it's so cool.
Of course, she doesn't know what day it is, but I thought making it have some specifics like "put your potty sticker here" would make it even more special.


She is doing amazing. Woke up this morning with a dry diaper through the night.
Naps in her panties - dry as a bone.
Had no accidents today.
And she's even gone #2 in there twice. That's huge, people!




Oh, I also got a few little dollar toys as "poopy presents" I know that sounds gross, but I did this all on a whim and that's just what came to mind.
She gets to put a sticker on her chart for every potty. But every poop, now that's reason to celebrate, and she gets to pick one of the toys out of the stash.
So far, so good! We make a REALLY big deal about how cool her poopy present is and that she got it for being such a big girl.
We are so proud of her. And she's proud of herself, too, which I think is huge.
The other day Kevin took her potty and she looked up at him and said "are you proud of me?"
We sure are, Ruby girl!

4 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

That FIRST photo is killing me! Go Ruby Go!! We are going to start potty training Sophie in the next half of a year. She is already showing signs of being ready. I totally love the idea of sticker rewards! It will be so nice to only have ONE in diapers!!

Christi said...

Love the chart! You tell her and show her the days on the chart and I guarantee she WILL know them before long! This is "homeschooling" at its finest! See, you CAN do it! Youve already started!! :)

{annie_loo} @ The Farrar Four said...

WAY TO GO! That's awesome! i love the little chart! Easton would LOVE that too. Kid's crazy about some stickers! LOVES THEM! I'm thinking about trying this soon...I've heard 3 days is all it takes...so I need to devote 3 days to the apartment and the potty. joy. HA! Glad y'all are doing well! xoxoxox

Leslie said...

The chart and stickers is exactly what we did with Miller and it's worked like a charm!!

PS- She looks like a model in that firs pic!