Friday, August 31, 2012

one month


I can't believe it's been a month since Nora was born.
At the same time, though, I hardly remember what life was like without her.


We are all taking turns falling in love with her.
Ruby isn't the slightest, least bit jealous and it's just precious. I think it's because she was at an age that she was able to understand how cool it is to be a big sister, and that the bigness of momma's belly is actually a baby that's going to come out and be hers to play with.

All day long you'll hear Ruby say "hi sugar booger!" to her sister and sing over and over and over "nor nor nor, nor nor nor nora"



My friend Leslie got us these monthly stickers for Nora's whole first year and I have to say, I think it's one of the most creative gifts we've ever gotten. Such a great gift idea. (I think she got them off Etsy if you're wondering...Buddha Bellies is the shop name)



Nora Truth, you are a month old today!

-you were born into a nickname-giving family. You'll probably only actually be called Nora a handful of times in your life. So far, the main one is Nor Nor Gabor (given to you by your father).

-you are getting chubbier and chubbier. Right around 10 lbs. In size 1 diapers.

-you eat a lot and you spit up a lot. We've kind of gotten used to it, but we're not accepting it! we pray over your little body often that it will all line up and eating will be a pleasant experience for you where you don't have to barf each time! You really don't see to mind though?

-you sleep with us, and I assume all of our babies will.

-you only wake up like 3 times during the night to be fed, so that's not too bad.

.......................................................................................................

I'm back to work and let me tell you: it is hard.
I really think it's because I 1) work out of my home so I never get away
and 2) have a physically laboring job
that makes it so hard on me.
I accidentally double booked myself because a client texted me to put her down and I got it at a time that I'm sure both girls needed me and I totally forgot to write it down. Sigh. I kind of feel like I'm stretching myself too thin.
But I also know that seasons come and go, and this is just for a season, and so long as I rely on the power of the Holy Spirit, I will make it through.

..........................................................................................................

So thankful to everyone that wrote and wanted to keep up with us. I kind of feel like we're all at a fun invitation-only party and I actually know who is reading now! It's cool.
Anyways, here's to this amazingly fun, big, and challenging stage of life Kevin and I have entered into. We are so excited and so honored to get to be where we are, doing what we're doing.



4 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

She is soooo sweet. Totally looks JUST like Kevin, which I know you've heard 10,000 times already. Noah spit up A LOT in the beginning when I was nursing him too. He eventually outgrew it. And clearly she's gaining weight.

I hope things start to get much much easier for you. I know how overwhelming it feels to work and be a stay at home mom. I sometimes stretch myself to thin with my photography but it always ends up panning out to be okay. You're strong. You got this.

Jenny Galloway said...

Yep, Ruby is a mini Jessica and Nor Nor Gabor is a tiny Kevin and it couldn't be any cuter!! I'm praying for your transition phase. Grey spit up a lot the first month or two but he has completely grown out of it now. We prayed over him as well, I'm sure that did it ;) you guys are wonderful and life with be an even flow soon! Prayin for it to be peacefully so! Love to you all! -Jenny Galloway

jessica kiehn said...

You Galloway girls are so awesome. Love you both. Thank you for the encouragement from two fellow young mommas who have already walked this out before me!

Leslie said...

I can't believe she is a MONTH. Totally crazy! She is definitely a Kiehn- love it!! she is so precious!

PS- SHHHHH...don't tell people they are stickers! Let them think you monogram a onesie every month- hahaha~

Friday, August 31, 2012

one month


I can't believe it's been a month since Nora was born.
At the same time, though, I hardly remember what life was like without her.


We are all taking turns falling in love with her.
Ruby isn't the slightest, least bit jealous and it's just precious. I think it's because she was at an age that she was able to understand how cool it is to be a big sister, and that the bigness of momma's belly is actually a baby that's going to come out and be hers to play with.

All day long you'll hear Ruby say "hi sugar booger!" to her sister and sing over and over and over "nor nor nor, nor nor nor nora"



My friend Leslie got us these monthly stickers for Nora's whole first year and I have to say, I think it's one of the most creative gifts we've ever gotten. Such a great gift idea. (I think she got them off Etsy if you're wondering...Buddha Bellies is the shop name)



Nora Truth, you are a month old today!

-you were born into a nickname-giving family. You'll probably only actually be called Nora a handful of times in your life. So far, the main one is Nor Nor Gabor (given to you by your father).

-you are getting chubbier and chubbier. Right around 10 lbs. In size 1 diapers.

-you eat a lot and you spit up a lot. We've kind of gotten used to it, but we're not accepting it! we pray over your little body often that it will all line up and eating will be a pleasant experience for you where you don't have to barf each time! You really don't see to mind though?

-you sleep with us, and I assume all of our babies will.

-you only wake up like 3 times during the night to be fed, so that's not too bad.

.......................................................................................................

I'm back to work and let me tell you: it is hard.
I really think it's because I 1) work out of my home so I never get away
and 2) have a physically laboring job
that makes it so hard on me.
I accidentally double booked myself because a client texted me to put her down and I got it at a time that I'm sure both girls needed me and I totally forgot to write it down. Sigh. I kind of feel like I'm stretching myself too thin.
But I also know that seasons come and go, and this is just for a season, and so long as I rely on the power of the Holy Spirit, I will make it through.

..........................................................................................................

So thankful to everyone that wrote and wanted to keep up with us. I kind of feel like we're all at a fun invitation-only party and I actually know who is reading now! It's cool.
Anyways, here's to this amazingly fun, big, and challenging stage of life Kevin and I have entered into. We are so excited and so honored to get to be where we are, doing what we're doing.



4 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

She is soooo sweet. Totally looks JUST like Kevin, which I know you've heard 10,000 times already. Noah spit up A LOT in the beginning when I was nursing him too. He eventually outgrew it. And clearly she's gaining weight.

I hope things start to get much much easier for you. I know how overwhelming it feels to work and be a stay at home mom. I sometimes stretch myself to thin with my photography but it always ends up panning out to be okay. You're strong. You got this.

Jenny Galloway said...

Yep, Ruby is a mini Jessica and Nor Nor Gabor is a tiny Kevin and it couldn't be any cuter!! I'm praying for your transition phase. Grey spit up a lot the first month or two but he has completely grown out of it now. We prayed over him as well, I'm sure that did it ;) you guys are wonderful and life with be an even flow soon! Prayin for it to be peacefully so! Love to you all! -Jenny Galloway

jessica kiehn said...

You Galloway girls are so awesome. Love you both. Thank you for the encouragement from two fellow young mommas who have already walked this out before me!

Leslie said...

I can't believe she is a MONTH. Totally crazy! She is definitely a Kiehn- love it!! she is so precious!

PS- SHHHHH...don't tell people they are stickers! Let them think you monogram a onesie every month- hahaha~