Sunday, August 5, 2012

nora the puppy


Everything is going beautifully as we learn what it's like to be four.
Of course, reality has hardly set it. I spend my days mostly sitting and rocking and nursing a sleepy/ing newborn while Kevin takes care of everything else.

We've started to refer to Nora as the puppy here and there.
She's so rolly!
And fuzzy. And warm and sleepy.
She has roll after roll of loose, floppy skin with just the right amount of fat and squishy-ness


The first photo of Daddy and his two girls together.
*sigh*...




I colored my hair in late June thinking any week my baby could come and I'd like to not have roots for her arrival/pictures etc.
Little did I know she would not only not come early...but late:)
So I had lovely black roots that I'd had enough of and hadn't had the energy to do anything about the past couple weeks. Today I had a random burst of energy (probably just had enough of being gross) and while Kev had the girls taken care of I snuck to the back salon and threw a few foils in my hair.

When I came in during processing to nurse Nora, Ruby was fascinated with my hair and wanted some foils of her own.
Just fold some foil around your little girl's hair and she'll feel as cool as ever:)

p.s. foiling your own hair means you only get to cover the top and sides of your ugliness. The back remains awful. So the world will see the grossness but as far as me in the mirror goes, all is well.


And if this isn't enough puppiness for you, then I don't know what is...


6 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

WELCOME NORA!!!!!!!!!

I hope everything is going niceley! Can't wait to hear of her arrival!!!

xoxoxoxo

The Mashburn's said...

I love the picture of Ruby in the foils! Little Miss. Personality. I really love the last picture of Nora. It cracks me up! She looks just like Kevin...... We love this mighty family.

Cassondra said...

Adorable! You have an awesome family! I love the pictures of Ruby and Nora together. And the simple ways to amuse kids...foil their hair! lol

Also, I'm not sure there's such a thing as "enough puppiness..." (ie, you can never have too many pictures of babies). It's not like you have other things to do than post adorable pictures on your blog! :P

Welcome Nora!!!!
<3

Kari Beth said...

She is so sweet. Can't wait to love on her again :)

Leslie said...

hahahahaha!!! I didn't know what you meant by puppy until that last picture. Yes, totally.

Isn't it funny how our kids get random funny nicknames that you would have never predicted in a million years?!

Bethany said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I can't wait to hear the whole story. I don't know the details, but it does sound like you had a successful/natural home birth! Woo hoo! I knew you could do it. :) Praise the Lord for little miracles :)

Sunday, August 5, 2012

nora the puppy


Everything is going beautifully as we learn what it's like to be four.
Of course, reality has hardly set it. I spend my days mostly sitting and rocking and nursing a sleepy/ing newborn while Kevin takes care of everything else.

We've started to refer to Nora as the puppy here and there.
She's so rolly!
And fuzzy. And warm and sleepy.
She has roll after roll of loose, floppy skin with just the right amount of fat and squishy-ness


The first photo of Daddy and his two girls together.
*sigh*...




I colored my hair in late June thinking any week my baby could come and I'd like to not have roots for her arrival/pictures etc.
Little did I know she would not only not come early...but late:)
So I had lovely black roots that I'd had enough of and hadn't had the energy to do anything about the past couple weeks. Today I had a random burst of energy (probably just had enough of being gross) and while Kev had the girls taken care of I snuck to the back salon and threw a few foils in my hair.

When I came in during processing to nurse Nora, Ruby was fascinated with my hair and wanted some foils of her own.
Just fold some foil around your little girl's hair and she'll feel as cool as ever:)

p.s. foiling your own hair means you only get to cover the top and sides of your ugliness. The back remains awful. So the world will see the grossness but as far as me in the mirror goes, all is well.


And if this isn't enough puppiness for you, then I don't know what is...


6 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

WELCOME NORA!!!!!!!!!

I hope everything is going niceley! Can't wait to hear of her arrival!!!

xoxoxoxo

The Mashburn's said...

I love the picture of Ruby in the foils! Little Miss. Personality. I really love the last picture of Nora. It cracks me up! She looks just like Kevin...... We love this mighty family.

Cassondra said...

Adorable! You have an awesome family! I love the pictures of Ruby and Nora together. And the simple ways to amuse kids...foil their hair! lol

Also, I'm not sure there's such a thing as "enough puppiness..." (ie, you can never have too many pictures of babies). It's not like you have other things to do than post adorable pictures on your blog! :P

Welcome Nora!!!!
<3

Kari Beth said...

She is so sweet. Can't wait to love on her again :)

Leslie said...

hahahahaha!!! I didn't know what you meant by puppy until that last picture. Yes, totally.

Isn't it funny how our kids get random funny nicknames that you would have never predicted in a million years?!

Bethany said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I can't wait to hear the whole story. I don't know the details, but it does sound like you had a successful/natural home birth! Woo hoo! I knew you could do it. :) Praise the Lord for little miracles :)