Thursday, July 12, 2012

take me out to the ballgame

kevin, honey, you have a total golfer's feet tanline

Our family treated us to a beautiful night at our minor league baseball team The Naturals the other night. I've been saying I want to take Ruby to a game all summer so I was so thankful when Janet asked if we wanted to join them!

Ruby's fascinated "wow" upon first spotting of the big field




Ruby with Strike, their mascot. Yes...weirdest mascot ever.
What is he? Nobody knows.
...........................................................................

Last day of being 37 weeks...
Ruby is officially in "picking her own outfits" stage.
I just let her go with it so long as it's not terrible.
And obviously, my red wool Christmas socks with her pink rain boots was a good decision.



37 weeks.
Feeling good, just kind of ready to be done. Very sore/tender in my pelvic and sit bones area. I figure she's just super low and that's why. I was wondering if last night was the night because I was having contraction after contraction and could feel all sorts of action but...I woke up with a baby in my belly still.
Fine by me! I know it's only a short little bit away that I will get to birth and meet this next baby of ours.

I've also been having to deal with some irritability lately:)
My two greatest pet peeves:
Clarence
Fruit flies.

I'll stop there...

Luckily, I can wrangle my emotions, tell them to chill out, and me and Kev can have a laugh about it.

(note the countdown on our chalkboard...days 'til baby...I recommend this for antsy people like myself. It makes it even more exciting to cross off a day each morning!)


cell phones in back pockets...not exactly a rear-end slimming tip.
also, can I just tell you? I've dropped TWO iphones in the toilet by sticking phones in my back pocket.
We have a midwife appointment this Friday (hooray!) so I'll be able to tell a little more progress-wise. But it all basically boils down to this: babies come when they're ready.
See ya soon, baby girl!

4 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Ruby! She's so stinking cute. I know I say it every post, but dadgummit, she's a doll!

You look great momma! Good idea on the countdown calendar! Good luck Friday! Hopefully more progress coming your way!

Christi said...

Hahaha, u crack me up!! Its almost time!! :)

P.S. Strike is a sasquatch! AKA Bigfoot! The had a contest and that was the winner!?! Oh boy. ;)

Love yall!
Christi

Kari Beth said...

Getting so close!

Emily Frame said...

Re: that post on my blog... I think you hit the nail on the head. There are pretty clear guidelines and standards for Mormons, but I think everyone is on different levels of commitment. We use what's called the Word of Wisdom to define what food/drink we should abstain from and it says coffee specifically, but not caffeinated soda. So some people interpret that more strictly and don't drink any caffeine and some people have a more loose interpretation.
You're pretty religious/spiritual right? How is it in your church?

Also, happy to hear you are using a midwife, I loved using one with my second. I'd love to hear more about it, looks like I need to catch up reading your blog ;)!

xo

Thursday, July 12, 2012

take me out to the ballgame

kevin, honey, you have a total golfer's feet tanline

Our family treated us to a beautiful night at our minor league baseball team The Naturals the other night. I've been saying I want to take Ruby to a game all summer so I was so thankful when Janet asked if we wanted to join them!

Ruby's fascinated "wow" upon first spotting of the big field




Ruby with Strike, their mascot. Yes...weirdest mascot ever.
What is he? Nobody knows.
...........................................................................

Last day of being 37 weeks...
Ruby is officially in "picking her own outfits" stage.
I just let her go with it so long as it's not terrible.
And obviously, my red wool Christmas socks with her pink rain boots was a good decision.



37 weeks.
Feeling good, just kind of ready to be done. Very sore/tender in my pelvic and sit bones area. I figure she's just super low and that's why. I was wondering if last night was the night because I was having contraction after contraction and could feel all sorts of action but...I woke up with a baby in my belly still.
Fine by me! I know it's only a short little bit away that I will get to birth and meet this next baby of ours.

I've also been having to deal with some irritability lately:)
My two greatest pet peeves:
Clarence
Fruit flies.

I'll stop there...

Luckily, I can wrangle my emotions, tell them to chill out, and me and Kev can have a laugh about it.

(note the countdown on our chalkboard...days 'til baby...I recommend this for antsy people like myself. It makes it even more exciting to cross off a day each morning!)


cell phones in back pockets...not exactly a rear-end slimming tip.
also, can I just tell you? I've dropped TWO iphones in the toilet by sticking phones in my back pocket.
We have a midwife appointment this Friday (hooray!) so I'll be able to tell a little more progress-wise. But it all basically boils down to this: babies come when they're ready.
See ya soon, baby girl!

4 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Ruby! She's so stinking cute. I know I say it every post, but dadgummit, she's a doll!

You look great momma! Good idea on the countdown calendar! Good luck Friday! Hopefully more progress coming your way!

Christi said...

Hahaha, u crack me up!! Its almost time!! :)

P.S. Strike is a sasquatch! AKA Bigfoot! The had a contest and that was the winner!?! Oh boy. ;)

Love yall!
Christi

Kari Beth said...

Getting so close!

Emily Frame said...

Re: that post on my blog... I think you hit the nail on the head. There are pretty clear guidelines and standards for Mormons, but I think everyone is on different levels of commitment. We use what's called the Word of Wisdom to define what food/drink we should abstain from and it says coffee specifically, but not caffeinated soda. So some people interpret that more strictly and don't drink any caffeine and some people have a more loose interpretation.
You're pretty religious/spiritual right? How is it in your church?

Also, happy to hear you are using a midwife, I loved using one with my second. I'd love to hear more about it, looks like I need to catch up reading your blog ;)!

xo