Monday, July 9, 2012

Life Lately


-our little Bears fan


- coloring those roots


- i know i'm going to miss this. just me, her, and my belly.


- how to entertain yourself in public restrooms during your mommy's 47th trip in there


-hand me downs from cousins...literally doesn't get cuter than this. toddlers in house shoes and bathrobes?! i mean come on!


- the man of my dreams!


- my SIL's baby shower for sweet baby girl River. so excited for them!


- today...37 1/2 weeks pregnant. again...i know i'm going to miss this.

I'm no fool.
I know that once I have this baby I will miss the pregnancy part.
It's just so ironic! You are "miserable" yet you want it back yet you really don't want it back. It's just weird.

I've been thinking a lot lately about having 2 children. Foolishly, I'm a reader of blogs, which means one can easily find themselves comparing their everything to others. Let me just tell you: MISTAKE.
Just yesterday at church during worship the Lord spoke to me and said

"don't compare yourself to others. Jesus is the only standard I've given you"


That goes for fitness.
Finances.
Fashion.
Food.
Family.
Weird they all start with f's...


It's very, very freeing to know that there are no expectations on me. That my ONLY job is to hear Yahweh's voice and to obey it.
Only He can show me what I'm good at.
I've found myself picking things I'm "in to" and dragging Him into it as well.
HAHA!
Rookie mistake.
I want Him to show me first what I'm "in to" and then it will be the easiest, smoothest, most graceful thing on earth because He's equipped me for that very thing.

So with all that being said:
I'm going in to having 2 children with a very, very open and excited attitude.
It really doesn't have to be as hard and miserable as everyone tells me, I believe.
When I meet or get to talk to women my age that have 2 little ones and tell me positive things and say that there are obviously times, but it's really not as bad as everyone says and it's really quite wonderful... I cling on to those words like they are my lifeline.
Because it's truth!

If I go into birth expecting hell and pain, that's what I'm going to get.
If I go into the next phase with 2 little ones and expect misery, that's what I'm going to get.

But if I go in and realize "okay, millions of women have done this before me, with me, and will do so  after me. God's graced me to do this. I have been called to be these girls' momma. Of course I have what I need to do it!"...then I can do it.
Through Him.


I will not be able to be a sane mother if my priorities are off.
If blogging comes before them.
If my business comes before them.
If my fitness comes before them.
If I worry about finances.
If I'm caught up in what I look like for others.

Those things are all real parts of life, but they must be balanced by what your purpose is.
And my purpose is whatever Yahweh tells me it is.
He's my only identity.



3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Very well said!!!!! You are going to be a great mother! You have been with Ruby and you will with Ruby & little baby #2. NO WORRIES SISTER! He'll take care of you!

And...the whole attitude thing...it makes all the difference in the world. I've REALLY been trying to repsond to Easton in a positive manner NO MATTER WHAT. Even if I want to spank his hiney and claim "terrible two's"...but I think so much of the way he acts is a direct representation of how I respond to him. If I snap off at him, he responds ugly but the moment I exercise more patience and love, he does exactly what I tell him to. Funny how that works.

All that being said. Attitude is everything girl! You're going to do GREAT!!!!!!!

sararosie said...

This is amazing and totally right on with what Holy Spirit has been speaking to me. Amen for positivity! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

Haley Galloway said...

I have two kids under two and don't let anyone fool you! It is awesome. Seriously. I love it. The beginning was pretty hard but honestly we adjusted so quickly! You will do sooo good! And you're right...attitude is everything. In the hard parts just keep telling yourself "this too shall pass" because it ALWAYS does!!

Monday, July 9, 2012

Life Lately


-our little Bears fan


- coloring those roots


- i know i'm going to miss this. just me, her, and my belly.


- how to entertain yourself in public restrooms during your mommy's 47th trip in there


-hand me downs from cousins...literally doesn't get cuter than this. toddlers in house shoes and bathrobes?! i mean come on!


- the man of my dreams!


- my SIL's baby shower for sweet baby girl River. so excited for them!


- today...37 1/2 weeks pregnant. again...i know i'm going to miss this.

I'm no fool.
I know that once I have this baby I will miss the pregnancy part.
It's just so ironic! You are "miserable" yet you want it back yet you really don't want it back. It's just weird.

I've been thinking a lot lately about having 2 children. Foolishly, I'm a reader of blogs, which means one can easily find themselves comparing their everything to others. Let me just tell you: MISTAKE.
Just yesterday at church during worship the Lord spoke to me and said

"don't compare yourself to others. Jesus is the only standard I've given you"


That goes for fitness.
Finances.
Fashion.
Food.
Family.
Weird they all start with f's...


It's very, very freeing to know that there are no expectations on me. That my ONLY job is to hear Yahweh's voice and to obey it.
Only He can show me what I'm good at.
I've found myself picking things I'm "in to" and dragging Him into it as well.
HAHA!
Rookie mistake.
I want Him to show me first what I'm "in to" and then it will be the easiest, smoothest, most graceful thing on earth because He's equipped me for that very thing.

So with all that being said:
I'm going in to having 2 children with a very, very open and excited attitude.
It really doesn't have to be as hard and miserable as everyone tells me, I believe.
When I meet or get to talk to women my age that have 2 little ones and tell me positive things and say that there are obviously times, but it's really not as bad as everyone says and it's really quite wonderful... I cling on to those words like they are my lifeline.
Because it's truth!

If I go into birth expecting hell and pain, that's what I'm going to get.
If I go into the next phase with 2 little ones and expect misery, that's what I'm going to get.

But if I go in and realize "okay, millions of women have done this before me, with me, and will do so  after me. God's graced me to do this. I have been called to be these girls' momma. Of course I have what I need to do it!"...then I can do it.
Through Him.


I will not be able to be a sane mother if my priorities are off.
If blogging comes before them.
If my business comes before them.
If my fitness comes before them.
If I worry about finances.
If I'm caught up in what I look like for others.

Those things are all real parts of life, but they must be balanced by what your purpose is.
And my purpose is whatever Yahweh tells me it is.
He's my only identity.



3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Very well said!!!!! You are going to be a great mother! You have been with Ruby and you will with Ruby & little baby #2. NO WORRIES SISTER! He'll take care of you!

And...the whole attitude thing...it makes all the difference in the world. I've REALLY been trying to repsond to Easton in a positive manner NO MATTER WHAT. Even if I want to spank his hiney and claim "terrible two's"...but I think so much of the way he acts is a direct representation of how I respond to him. If I snap off at him, he responds ugly but the moment I exercise more patience and love, he does exactly what I tell him to. Funny how that works.

All that being said. Attitude is everything girl! You're going to do GREAT!!!!!!!

sararosie said...

This is amazing and totally right on with what Holy Spirit has been speaking to me. Amen for positivity! We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!

Haley Galloway said...

I have two kids under two and don't let anyone fool you! It is awesome. Seriously. I love it. The beginning was pretty hard but honestly we adjusted so quickly! You will do sooo good! And you're right...attitude is everything. In the hard parts just keep telling yourself "this too shall pass" because it ALWAYS does!!