Thursday, July 19, 2012

i'm just rambling

I have always kind of thought it's a little selfish when I hear pregnant women say "I can't wait to get my body back" because I can't think of a greater and sweeter honor than sharing your body with your baby so it can form and grow so that it can have life.

However...

this time around, I see what they're saying.

While I don't consider it MY body, really, I'm just a steward, I know what those moms are saying.

Lately my mind has drifted off to these lovely thoughts that I am soooo looking forward to:

-wearing heels again
-wearing workout clothes and sweating and running! It's been so, so long since I've done that and I've missed it so
-bending over without pain and being able to stand back up with quickness. I hope you all aren't taking this for granted!
-cooking real meals for my family. I've been at a mental loss of how to feed my family with all-time low energy levels and all-time low income. Help me, Heavenly Father.
-nursing my baby (i know this is against the "my body back" thing, but I love nursing newborns, hello)
-having some energy back (i believe it's possible!!!)

I seriously can't remember what it's like to not be pregnant.
I was telling Kevin last night on the way to church that this is just a ridiculous thing to ask of someone, to be pregnant. Of course, I was saying it in jest, but really...come on. This whole process is just nuts!
Good times and hard times, that's for sure. But all more than worth it.
Once I hold that newborn for the first time, her skin on mine...right then and there she'll have my heart and I'll sign up to do this thing again. They are so worth it.

I am 39 weeks tomorrow.
Looks like Dr. Shipman was wrong about her coming on the 17th, dadgumit.
I think my girls are punctual. When they say they'll be here on their due date, they come on their due date. Sigh...good girls.

Another thing I am looking greatly forward to:
fall.


I'll have "my body" back, both my girls by my side, pumpkin coffee drinks, scarves, cool weather and hopefully some dates with my honey. Ahhh, the wonderment.

Guess what? I got some stretch marks around my belly button this time. Bummer:/ They're little but they're there. Dear Seventeen Year Old Jessica...don't pierce your belly button this year. Please, just don't do it. You'll regret it when you're doing better things in life like having your children and  your skin is weak around your belly button because you just haaaaaaad to get it pierced.
So lame.

Ok, I'm going to get off of here and try to stay awake. I've been taking advantage of napping when Ruby naps but it actually hurts me in the long run. I wake up from a HEAVY, DEEP sleep to her crying to be let out of her room. Right away she wants to be fed and entertained and I am still so very out of it. It messes me up and makes me cranky and I'm groggy and it's just bad. So I'm trying to stay awake during her naps so that I am able to take care of her and not be out of it. Trying to figure this whole 2-kids-now-need-me thing and one's not even out yet.

I should probably wait to post things when I have things to say that make sense, but who knows when that will be next:)
Be blessed.
Hopefully I'll have this kiddo soon.
If not, the due date is next Friday.
See ya then, cutie pie.
And not a day later, do you understand??
:)

7 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

LOVE THIS! AND YOU!

You're almost there momma! And you're doing great!!!!

I can't wait to meet this little love!

I'm sending you a boost of energy NOW!!!

xoxoxo

Cassimus T said...

ok, I'm going to admit to being a creeper bc i love reading your blog but i never comment on anything- so. here's me attempting to be less of a creeper-and saying that i love your blog.... :)

-Cassie

jessica kiehn said...

cassie! that cracks me up...welcome:)

Haley Galloway said...

Come on baby!!! I want to see your sweet little face!

And you're lucky for only getting a few stretch marks around your belly button. I have many. They're mainly around my belly button and the underside of my belly. But I also got a few on my sides. Tried everything to prevent them but if you're gonna get em, you're gonna get em!

They will fade. 4 months post partum and mine are already less deep and fading.

You'll rock being a mama of 2! You'll get your groove and your energy back! (and I know you know all these things but I just want to affirm it to you!)

Praying!

The Doughmestic Housewife said...

So I'm pretty sure your preggo body looks better than my non preggo body, stop looking so cute!
Being a mom of two is a blast, there are adjustments but it is just the sweetest!

Kari Beth said...

I know you feel HUGE! But you are so tiny!!!!! You look fabulous and are in such great shape. Your body will bounce right back after having her.

Aunt Kristi said...

Love, love, LOVE your blogs! Cant wait to hear/see the newest bundle of joy!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

i'm just rambling

I have always kind of thought it's a little selfish when I hear pregnant women say "I can't wait to get my body back" because I can't think of a greater and sweeter honor than sharing your body with your baby so it can form and grow so that it can have life.

However...

this time around, I see what they're saying.

While I don't consider it MY body, really, I'm just a steward, I know what those moms are saying.

Lately my mind has drifted off to these lovely thoughts that I am soooo looking forward to:

-wearing heels again
-wearing workout clothes and sweating and running! It's been so, so long since I've done that and I've missed it so
-bending over without pain and being able to stand back up with quickness. I hope you all aren't taking this for granted!
-cooking real meals for my family. I've been at a mental loss of how to feed my family with all-time low energy levels and all-time low income. Help me, Heavenly Father.
-nursing my baby (i know this is against the "my body back" thing, but I love nursing newborns, hello)
-having some energy back (i believe it's possible!!!)

I seriously can't remember what it's like to not be pregnant.
I was telling Kevin last night on the way to church that this is just a ridiculous thing to ask of someone, to be pregnant. Of course, I was saying it in jest, but really...come on. This whole process is just nuts!
Good times and hard times, that's for sure. But all more than worth it.
Once I hold that newborn for the first time, her skin on mine...right then and there she'll have my heart and I'll sign up to do this thing again. They are so worth it.

I am 39 weeks tomorrow.
Looks like Dr. Shipman was wrong about her coming on the 17th, dadgumit.
I think my girls are punctual. When they say they'll be here on their due date, they come on their due date. Sigh...good girls.

Another thing I am looking greatly forward to:
fall.


I'll have "my body" back, both my girls by my side, pumpkin coffee drinks, scarves, cool weather and hopefully some dates with my honey. Ahhh, the wonderment.

Guess what? I got some stretch marks around my belly button this time. Bummer:/ They're little but they're there. Dear Seventeen Year Old Jessica...don't pierce your belly button this year. Please, just don't do it. You'll regret it when you're doing better things in life like having your children and  your skin is weak around your belly button because you just haaaaaaad to get it pierced.
So lame.

Ok, I'm going to get off of here and try to stay awake. I've been taking advantage of napping when Ruby naps but it actually hurts me in the long run. I wake up from a HEAVY, DEEP sleep to her crying to be let out of her room. Right away she wants to be fed and entertained and I am still so very out of it. It messes me up and makes me cranky and I'm groggy and it's just bad. So I'm trying to stay awake during her naps so that I am able to take care of her and not be out of it. Trying to figure this whole 2-kids-now-need-me thing and one's not even out yet.

I should probably wait to post things when I have things to say that make sense, but who knows when that will be next:)
Be blessed.
Hopefully I'll have this kiddo soon.
If not, the due date is next Friday.
See ya then, cutie pie.
And not a day later, do you understand??
:)

7 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

LOVE THIS! AND YOU!

You're almost there momma! And you're doing great!!!!

I can't wait to meet this little love!

I'm sending you a boost of energy NOW!!!

xoxoxo

Cassimus T said...

ok, I'm going to admit to being a creeper bc i love reading your blog but i never comment on anything- so. here's me attempting to be less of a creeper-and saying that i love your blog.... :)

-Cassie

jessica kiehn said...

cassie! that cracks me up...welcome:)

Haley Galloway said...

Come on baby!!! I want to see your sweet little face!

And you're lucky for only getting a few stretch marks around your belly button. I have many. They're mainly around my belly button and the underside of my belly. But I also got a few on my sides. Tried everything to prevent them but if you're gonna get em, you're gonna get em!

They will fade. 4 months post partum and mine are already less deep and fading.

You'll rock being a mama of 2! You'll get your groove and your energy back! (and I know you know all these things but I just want to affirm it to you!)

Praying!

The Doughmestic Housewife said...

So I'm pretty sure your preggo body looks better than my non preggo body, stop looking so cute!
Being a mom of two is a blast, there are adjustments but it is just the sweetest!

Kari Beth said...

I know you feel HUGE! But you are so tiny!!!!! You look fabulous and are in such great shape. Your body will bounce right back after having her.

Aunt Kristi said...

Love, love, LOVE your blogs! Cant wait to hear/see the newest bundle of joy!