Saturday, July 14, 2012

"i yike paydoh"


If you want to make Ruby intensely happy...I've found the ticket. It's store-bought Playdoh. I've done homemade (of course) and she's played with it and enjoyed it, but suddenly...it's the real stuff that has her ecstatic.

I have had such little energy and have felt so bad for her lately. Our summer days are spent inside all too often because getting me and her and this belly out in the heat and lifting her and chasing after her and packing bags and all of this stuff is a HUGE feat for me lately.

So the other day I had to go to Dollar General for something (can I just say right now that I like DG? Like, a lot?!) And thought "ya know what, I'm going to use a buck or two of our grocery money to pick up some cheap form of entertainment for her since she's been staring at the same toys pretty much since her birthday and I can tell she is bored out of her mind being inside all day with me"

Enter: $1.50 two-pack of Play-doh.
Enter: completely happy, quiet, entertained for soooo long Ruby.
Enter: I love Play-doh and Dollar General.

This morning she spotted the play-doh sitting on top of our dresser waaay above her head and squealed and pointed "PAYDOH! I YIKE PAYDOH!"

And I like you, Ruby girl.


Me and my sweet next daughter are getting bigger and bigger.
38 weeks!


My aunt has a pool and lets us go over there during the day while she's at work to just float and swim. I took Ruby over there yesterday and I genuinely had so much fun playing with her. She cracks me up.
She held on to the side of the pool, dipped the back of her hair in the water and kept saying "ahhh, yeyaxing"
Yes, the pool IS very relaxing, babe, I agree.


She has taken to calling us by our first names every now and then, just because she's picked it up that other people don't call us Mommy and Daddy like her. So here and there we're "Kanye and Jecca".

She's also been calling us "honey" and I couldn't love it more.
Because Kev and I call each other that I guess she just figures it's our family name.
When she's asking me for something she'll say "please, honey?"
It's almost too much. I love her more than I can describe.


3 comments:

Kari Beth said...

E loves her some paydoh too :)

Ruby looks pretty awesome in a 'kini!

Anonymous said...

Oh geeze, I wish Arkansas was closer because I would love to hear her say, "Ahhh yeyaxing"! How incredibly adorable! Praying for you and the soon coming sweet baby girl! Ruby will love the life of being a big sister I'm sure! Blessings! -Jen Galloway

Barb said...

What a cute blog you have! and an even cuter little girl. I'm your newest member. :)

Saturday, July 14, 2012

"i yike paydoh"


If you want to make Ruby intensely happy...I've found the ticket. It's store-bought Playdoh. I've done homemade (of course) and she's played with it and enjoyed it, but suddenly...it's the real stuff that has her ecstatic.

I have had such little energy and have felt so bad for her lately. Our summer days are spent inside all too often because getting me and her and this belly out in the heat and lifting her and chasing after her and packing bags and all of this stuff is a HUGE feat for me lately.

So the other day I had to go to Dollar General for something (can I just say right now that I like DG? Like, a lot?!) And thought "ya know what, I'm going to use a buck or two of our grocery money to pick up some cheap form of entertainment for her since she's been staring at the same toys pretty much since her birthday and I can tell she is bored out of her mind being inside all day with me"

Enter: $1.50 two-pack of Play-doh.
Enter: completely happy, quiet, entertained for soooo long Ruby.
Enter: I love Play-doh and Dollar General.

This morning she spotted the play-doh sitting on top of our dresser waaay above her head and squealed and pointed "PAYDOH! I YIKE PAYDOH!"

And I like you, Ruby girl.


Me and my sweet next daughter are getting bigger and bigger.
38 weeks!


My aunt has a pool and lets us go over there during the day while she's at work to just float and swim. I took Ruby over there yesterday and I genuinely had so much fun playing with her. She cracks me up.
She held on to the side of the pool, dipped the back of her hair in the water and kept saying "ahhh, yeyaxing"
Yes, the pool IS very relaxing, babe, I agree.


She has taken to calling us by our first names every now and then, just because she's picked it up that other people don't call us Mommy and Daddy like her. So here and there we're "Kanye and Jecca".

She's also been calling us "honey" and I couldn't love it more.
Because Kev and I call each other that I guess she just figures it's our family name.
When she's asking me for something she'll say "please, honey?"
It's almost too much. I love her more than I can describe.


3 comments:

Kari Beth said...

E loves her some paydoh too :)

Ruby looks pretty awesome in a 'kini!

Anonymous said...

Oh geeze, I wish Arkansas was closer because I would love to hear her say, "Ahhh yeyaxing"! How incredibly adorable! Praying for you and the soon coming sweet baby girl! Ruby will love the life of being a big sister I'm sure! Blessings! -Jen Galloway

Barb said...

What a cute blog you have! and an even cuter little girl. I'm your newest member. :)