Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Getting Closer and Resting

35 wks and a few days
Are you getting tired of me posting pictures of myself pregnant?
Sorry:)
Some of my all-time favorite pictures of my Mom are ones where she is pregnant with one of us kids. It's so beautiful and special.
Although the bathroom mirror and in front of the laundry and doggie door isn't the greatest setting.
Next child I'll step outside...

36 wks and 1 day
 As I mentioned in the last post, I am 50% effaced and at a 2.5 - and since that appt last Thursday I have felt myself efface more. Could you ever feel yourself efface? I didn't with Ruby but with this one it's so obvious. It's a sharp sudden pain that kind of goes up right at your cervix, and then it's gone.

My midwife, however, is out of town in Michigan for 10 days so at the last appointment we all agreed to have Kevin lay hands on  my belly and tell baby N to stay in there at least until Elizabeth gets back:)
 When I was pregnant with Ruby I stopped working at 30 weeks. I had had enough, and was exhausted physically. With this one, I made it all the way to 37 weeks! Doing hair is so physical, you'd never know it. I am doing one person today and one on Friday, then a few more in the next few weeks but I may need to cancel on them since they were all fully expecting that when they made the appointments. With a toddler, my rest is limited, and adding work on top of that has kind of pushed me over the edge, physically. And I do NOT want to go into early labor without my midwife here, hello!

If that does, however, happen, then her partner will deliver baby N. Along with the assistant that I know and love, so that's good. It'd just be so ironic because with Ruby I saw a doctor I loved the entire time prenatally and when I was in birth he wasn't on call and I wasn't high risk or anything so another doctor delivered her. Why does this keep happening to me?! No...Elizabeth will deliver her. Mark my words!

36 wks and a few days
Ok, I'm kind of rambling.
This is such a sweet time in life.
Getting ready for change, embracing change right around the corner.
Trusting the Lord in places we've never ever been before.
We're growing, The Kiehns, and we are thoroughly enjoying it.

5 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

GIRL! You look FABULOUS! That outfit with the khaki shorts and jean jacket...you look so wonderful! Being pregnant looks good on you momma! Praying that the bebe stays put till Midwife gets back!!!!

Leslie said...

CUTEST LITTLE PREGNANT GIRL EVER!!!

Brittany said...

You are SO cute pregnant!!!!!! And I am SO excited for your home birth as well as meeting sweet baby N....I want to know her name SO bad! ;)

JMKiehn said...

You are adorable, inside and out. Love you.

Emily Frame said...

Your comments always make me so happy! And girl day-um you look amazing!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Getting Closer and Resting

35 wks and a few days
Are you getting tired of me posting pictures of myself pregnant?
Sorry:)
Some of my all-time favorite pictures of my Mom are ones where she is pregnant with one of us kids. It's so beautiful and special.
Although the bathroom mirror and in front of the laundry and doggie door isn't the greatest setting.
Next child I'll step outside...

36 wks and 1 day
 As I mentioned in the last post, I am 50% effaced and at a 2.5 - and since that appt last Thursday I have felt myself efface more. Could you ever feel yourself efface? I didn't with Ruby but with this one it's so obvious. It's a sharp sudden pain that kind of goes up right at your cervix, and then it's gone.

My midwife, however, is out of town in Michigan for 10 days so at the last appointment we all agreed to have Kevin lay hands on  my belly and tell baby N to stay in there at least until Elizabeth gets back:)
 When I was pregnant with Ruby I stopped working at 30 weeks. I had had enough, and was exhausted physically. With this one, I made it all the way to 37 weeks! Doing hair is so physical, you'd never know it. I am doing one person today and one on Friday, then a few more in the next few weeks but I may need to cancel on them since they were all fully expecting that when they made the appointments. With a toddler, my rest is limited, and adding work on top of that has kind of pushed me over the edge, physically. And I do NOT want to go into early labor without my midwife here, hello!

If that does, however, happen, then her partner will deliver baby N. Along with the assistant that I know and love, so that's good. It'd just be so ironic because with Ruby I saw a doctor I loved the entire time prenatally and when I was in birth he wasn't on call and I wasn't high risk or anything so another doctor delivered her. Why does this keep happening to me?! No...Elizabeth will deliver her. Mark my words!

36 wks and a few days
Ok, I'm kind of rambling.
This is such a sweet time in life.
Getting ready for change, embracing change right around the corner.
Trusting the Lord in places we've never ever been before.
We're growing, The Kiehns, and we are thoroughly enjoying it.

5 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

GIRL! You look FABULOUS! That outfit with the khaki shorts and jean jacket...you look so wonderful! Being pregnant looks good on you momma! Praying that the bebe stays put till Midwife gets back!!!!

Leslie said...

CUTEST LITTLE PREGNANT GIRL EVER!!!

Brittany said...

You are SO cute pregnant!!!!!! And I am SO excited for your home birth as well as meeting sweet baby N....I want to know her name SO bad! ;)

JMKiehn said...

You are adorable, inside and out. Love you.

Emily Frame said...

Your comments always make me so happy! And girl day-um you look amazing!