Monday, July 23, 2012

four more days

38 weeks. I'm almost 40 weeks now so this is a little old but the most recent I had

four days until this little sugar is born.
At least, that's her due date....

Every single night for the past week or so I've been going to bed with lots of regular contractions and cervical act-shee-yon (Doug Heffernan...I love you) only to wake up...perpetually pregnant. I'm beginning to wonder if this child will ever come out.
I envision my uterus contracting and pushing her down and her gripping to the walls of it like a kid scared to slide down the slide saying "no!! It's not the 27th! I love it here!!"

She'll be happy she came out once she meets Ruby and gets to put faces with our three voices she's grown to love over the last 9 months.

Kevin sent me a funny huge-bellied, double-chinned picture he snapped on his phone of me focusing on something the other day and said "I'm gonna miss pregnant Jessica". Which made me think "enjoy this last week, because you're only pregnant Jessica for four more days" and it's true.

But I told him soon I'll be smaller, fitter, and can move without waddling Jessica!
He said it's a win-win.
And I agree.

See ya soon, hopefully with a chubby little newborn:)


7 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Haley Galloway said...

Soooo close!!! Yay yay yay~!!!!

Kari Beth said...

So close!!!!!

Gena Renae said...

your almost there and you look beautiful!!

Leslie said...

Haha, that's your double chin pic?!! Please!! You are super skinny! I specifically remember 39.5 weeks. I was DONE. So over it. Hang in there. Remarkable things rarely require little effort.

Anonymous said...

Ok let's just be honest here, I check your blog an unreasonable amount of times lately just out of sheer excitement for a "hey everyone she is here!" post. With that said, I'm so excited for you all!! You can bet I'll stay a creepin until she gets here! So close!! -Jenny Galloway

jessica kiehn said...

no no this isn't my double chin picture. haha he texted me that picture, I don't have it up on here.

Monday, July 23, 2012

four more days

38 weeks. I'm almost 40 weeks now so this is a little old but the most recent I had

four days until this little sugar is born.
At least, that's her due date....

Every single night for the past week or so I've been going to bed with lots of regular contractions and cervical act-shee-yon (Doug Heffernan...I love you) only to wake up...perpetually pregnant. I'm beginning to wonder if this child will ever come out.
I envision my uterus contracting and pushing her down and her gripping to the walls of it like a kid scared to slide down the slide saying "no!! It's not the 27th! I love it here!!"

She'll be happy she came out once she meets Ruby and gets to put faces with our three voices she's grown to love over the last 9 months.

Kevin sent me a funny huge-bellied, double-chinned picture he snapped on his phone of me focusing on something the other day and said "I'm gonna miss pregnant Jessica". Which made me think "enjoy this last week, because you're only pregnant Jessica for four more days" and it's true.

But I told him soon I'll be smaller, fitter, and can move without waddling Jessica!
He said it's a win-win.
And I agree.

See ya soon, hopefully with a chubby little newborn:)


7 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Haley Galloway said...

Soooo close!!! Yay yay yay~!!!!

Kari Beth said...

So close!!!!!

Gena Renae said...

your almost there and you look beautiful!!

Leslie said...

Haha, that's your double chin pic?!! Please!! You are super skinny! I specifically remember 39.5 weeks. I was DONE. So over it. Hang in there. Remarkable things rarely require little effort.

Anonymous said...

Ok let's just be honest here, I check your blog an unreasonable amount of times lately just out of sheer excitement for a "hey everyone she is here!" post. With that said, I'm so excited for you all!! You can bet I'll stay a creepin until she gets here! So close!! -Jenny Galloway

jessica kiehn said...

no no this isn't my double chin picture. haha he texted me that picture, I don't have it up on here.