Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th Of July

Aaaaaand one of my all-time favorite Ruby pictures was created last night as she posed like this during a belly shot.  
It's taken me twenty six years to realize it, but I now know that Valentine's Day and the 4th of July are my absolute favorite holidays. For sure.
I love the warm weather, the picnics, the red, white, and blue, the fireworks, squealing and clapping along with strangers at the fireworks show, the live music, etc. all celebrating the fact that we all live in this beautiful country.


Our church actually cancelled Wednesday night's service so everyone could spend the 4th with their families so we got to see the fireworks just like my heart desired!
I showed Ruby a YouTube video of fireworks yesterday to prepare her and she was talking about them all day.


She was so, so tired since they didn't start until 10:00. She almost fell asleep during them! But I think all the squeals and clapping kept her excited enough to stay awake.


We've been really busy with friends and family lately and it was so sweet to lay on that old blanket on the grass, just the 3 of us, one in my belly, and be a family. Me and Kevin have gone to this park for years to watch the fireworks and we smiled and sighed at how different each year has been. Dating and a little nervous at that park for the 4th, newlyweds at that park for the 4th, newborn baby at that park for the 4th, chubby 1 1/2 year old at that park for the 4th, toddler and pregnant all together at that park for the 4th of July. It's just so special to me. And the fireworks just send me over the edge with excitement!



I love you, my sweet little family.

6 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Good thinking on the youtube video. Easton didn't like them at all. But I think it's because certain other family members got him a little worked up about them. Makes me sad...but there's always next year. That picutre of ruby posing...oh my word. GIRL. I love her and don't even know her! Please come visit Nashville!!!!!

Any baby names picked out yet???

Anonymous said...

Oh that pic of Ruby is just too much! Sweet girl. You're getting close. Love all the belly pics to, btw. You look amazing pregnant.
~KB

sararosie said...

I love all these pics of Ruby and her Daddy!! So precious!

Brittany said...

love, Love, LOVE these pictures!!! And I about DIED at the first picture...PRICELESS!!! It needs to be printed and hung on a wall! ;)

Haley Galloway said...

The first picture is SOOOOO stinkin cute/funny! You look so so good Jessica! I love how beautifully round your belly gets and you stay small everywhere else! I hope you have that baby soon! I wanna see her gorgeous face! Praying for you.

Leslie said...

I know how much you love the 4th! There is something very nostalgic about it. But valentine's day?! Haha! I totally did not see that coming!

Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th Of July

Aaaaaand one of my all-time favorite Ruby pictures was created last night as she posed like this during a belly shot.  
It's taken me twenty six years to realize it, but I now know that Valentine's Day and the 4th of July are my absolute favorite holidays. For sure.
I love the warm weather, the picnics, the red, white, and blue, the fireworks, squealing and clapping along with strangers at the fireworks show, the live music, etc. all celebrating the fact that we all live in this beautiful country.


Our church actually cancelled Wednesday night's service so everyone could spend the 4th with their families so we got to see the fireworks just like my heart desired!
I showed Ruby a YouTube video of fireworks yesterday to prepare her and she was talking about them all day.


She was so, so tired since they didn't start until 10:00. She almost fell asleep during them! But I think all the squeals and clapping kept her excited enough to stay awake.


We've been really busy with friends and family lately and it was so sweet to lay on that old blanket on the grass, just the 3 of us, one in my belly, and be a family. Me and Kevin have gone to this park for years to watch the fireworks and we smiled and sighed at how different each year has been. Dating and a little nervous at that park for the 4th, newlyweds at that park for the 4th, newborn baby at that park for the 4th, chubby 1 1/2 year old at that park for the 4th, toddler and pregnant all together at that park for the 4th of July. It's just so special to me. And the fireworks just send me over the edge with excitement!



I love you, my sweet little family.

6 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Good thinking on the youtube video. Easton didn't like them at all. But I think it's because certain other family members got him a little worked up about them. Makes me sad...but there's always next year. That picutre of ruby posing...oh my word. GIRL. I love her and don't even know her! Please come visit Nashville!!!!!

Any baby names picked out yet???

Anonymous said...

Oh that pic of Ruby is just too much! Sweet girl. You're getting close. Love all the belly pics to, btw. You look amazing pregnant.
~KB

sararosie said...

I love all these pics of Ruby and her Daddy!! So precious!

Brittany said...

love, Love, LOVE these pictures!!! And I about DIED at the first picture...PRICELESS!!! It needs to be printed and hung on a wall! ;)

Haley Galloway said...

The first picture is SOOOOO stinkin cute/funny! You look so so good Jessica! I love how beautifully round your belly gets and you stay small everywhere else! I hope you have that baby soon! I wanna see her gorgeous face! Praying for you.

Leslie said...

I know how much you love the 4th! There is something very nostalgic about it. But valentine's day?! Haha! I totally did not see that coming!