Sunday, June 24, 2012

Staying Positive!


As of late, if you need me, you can find me sprawled out looking a little something like the above photo.
Sometimes even a shirt is uncomfortable touching my belly, so up she goes. Belly exposed. Classy!

Each night, like this very one, I toss and turn silently begging for a comfortable position.
I can't decide whether to let my mind wander and think of birth/baby things or not being pregnant anymore. Either one makes me miserable because they both are NOT HERE!

Pregnancy shows me very clearly that patience is not my forte.

On another note, I also realize I have two choices:
whine for another month
shut up and make this a fun and memorable month for our little family of three.

We've been really busy lately which is a good thing!
Baby shower for my SIL, bridal shower and wedding for my cousin, work, church, midwife appointments, friends coming into town, etc. How much does it stink that the 4th of July is on a Wednesday this year?! I love 4th of July. Everyone in our town drives to this one park and lays out blankets and watches the huge fireworks display. And I have always been excited for baby N to hear the loud booms and claps inside the belly (seriously, how fun?!)

BUT we'll be in church, and miss all the fireworks:(
There's always next year!

It's been scorching here lately. Like, I feel like the sun has been approximately 20 feet from the earth's surface where we live.
I am so, so thankful for all the trees that surround our house. They shade and cool our house SO much. Such a blessing.

Ruby is loving having her cousins living here now. They are so ornery and yelling one minute and downright precious the next. Ahh toddler first born girls. I love them.

Look what Daddy found on the road and brought home to us!
Turtie. Ruby loved him. We brought him inside and set him on the coffee table and kissed and held him.
Then our friend told us through text that turtles carry salmonella and we should wash our hands.
So Turtie was let outside to go find his Mom and Dad.


 Ever since our family pictures, Ruby thinks the way you pose for a picture is to kiss your Mommy.
I hope this phase never ends.
I can get a kiss whenever I want so long as there is a camera pointed towards us.


Can't get enough of this little girl and this awesome age...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a turtle for the boys too until a fried told us the very same thing. Bye bye turtle! Ruby is just so precious! How cute is the kissing pose for her?! Seriously, she is too much. Blessings to you all!! (I emailed you by the way ;)) - Jen Galloway

Leslie said...

Ahhahahahaha!!! First off I was laughing so hard at the name, Turtie!! That's hysterical. I love how much she ADOREs him in that picture.

Her kissing= PRECIOUS!! How sweet is that memory?! It's like when she would squat last year whenever someone would take her pic. I just love her!

Hang in there preggers. Summer pregnancy is not fun, I know. She'll be here soon and then you'll be back to your old self!!

jessica kiehn said...

JENNY! Ive been trying to get a hold of you!! Been looking for your email address, asked Haley for it, etc! I didnt get your email?! Sure u have the right address?

Anonymous said...

I thought so, but perhaps not. Maybe some other Jessica out there is seriously wondering why is this random "Jenny" emailing me?! Ha! My email is Jengalloway07@gmail.com

Haley Galloway said...

TOO CUTE! Your bump is sooo precious and I'm just picturing that little baby girl all curled up in there and it makes my womb hurt. Yup...only 4 months after I've had my son...totally miss it.

I pray your month flies by and that you have a super fast and manageable labor and that you get lots of sleep and your babes breastfeeds like a champ and ALL the best for you guys!

Love you and your little family!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Staying Positive!


As of late, if you need me, you can find me sprawled out looking a little something like the above photo.
Sometimes even a shirt is uncomfortable touching my belly, so up she goes. Belly exposed. Classy!

Each night, like this very one, I toss and turn silently begging for a comfortable position.
I can't decide whether to let my mind wander and think of birth/baby things or not being pregnant anymore. Either one makes me miserable because they both are NOT HERE!

Pregnancy shows me very clearly that patience is not my forte.

On another note, I also realize I have two choices:
whine for another month
shut up and make this a fun and memorable month for our little family of three.

We've been really busy lately which is a good thing!
Baby shower for my SIL, bridal shower and wedding for my cousin, work, church, midwife appointments, friends coming into town, etc. How much does it stink that the 4th of July is on a Wednesday this year?! I love 4th of July. Everyone in our town drives to this one park and lays out blankets and watches the huge fireworks display. And I have always been excited for baby N to hear the loud booms and claps inside the belly (seriously, how fun?!)

BUT we'll be in church, and miss all the fireworks:(
There's always next year!

It's been scorching here lately. Like, I feel like the sun has been approximately 20 feet from the earth's surface where we live.
I am so, so thankful for all the trees that surround our house. They shade and cool our house SO much. Such a blessing.

Ruby is loving having her cousins living here now. They are so ornery and yelling one minute and downright precious the next. Ahh toddler first born girls. I love them.

Look what Daddy found on the road and brought home to us!
Turtie. Ruby loved him. We brought him inside and set him on the coffee table and kissed and held him.
Then our friend told us through text that turtles carry salmonella and we should wash our hands.
So Turtie was let outside to go find his Mom and Dad.


 Ever since our family pictures, Ruby thinks the way you pose for a picture is to kiss your Mommy.
I hope this phase never ends.
I can get a kiss whenever I want so long as there is a camera pointed towards us.


Can't get enough of this little girl and this awesome age...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a turtle for the boys too until a fried told us the very same thing. Bye bye turtle! Ruby is just so precious! How cute is the kissing pose for her?! Seriously, she is too much. Blessings to you all!! (I emailed you by the way ;)) - Jen Galloway

Leslie said...

Ahhahahahaha!!! First off I was laughing so hard at the name, Turtie!! That's hysterical. I love how much she ADOREs him in that picture.

Her kissing= PRECIOUS!! How sweet is that memory?! It's like when she would squat last year whenever someone would take her pic. I just love her!

Hang in there preggers. Summer pregnancy is not fun, I know. She'll be here soon and then you'll be back to your old self!!

jessica kiehn said...

JENNY! Ive been trying to get a hold of you!! Been looking for your email address, asked Haley for it, etc! I didnt get your email?! Sure u have the right address?

Anonymous said...

I thought so, but perhaps not. Maybe some other Jessica out there is seriously wondering why is this random "Jenny" emailing me?! Ha! My email is Jengalloway07@gmail.com

Haley Galloway said...

TOO CUTE! Your bump is sooo precious and I'm just picturing that little baby girl all curled up in there and it makes my womb hurt. Yup...only 4 months after I've had my son...totally miss it.

I pray your month flies by and that you have a super fast and manageable labor and that you get lots of sleep and your babes breastfeeds like a champ and ALL the best for you guys!

Love you and your little family!