Friday, June 15, 2012

Pregnancy Encouragement

27 wks. in Florida
 It's not always easy being chipper and cheery while pregnant.
It's some of your most sick and most uncomfortable days.

But I can't help but often shake myself and just say come on.
I think of all the women out there who would kill to be in my shoes, who have prayed and longed and desired to be pregnant but just can't.
How dare I whine or complain about something that is an absolute gift.

I think it may be a little bit easier the second and subsequent times around because now we have children and we see how amazing it is.
If Jesus died on the cross...I can be pregnant and birth a baby.


I've said, at my hardest times during this pregnancy "I don't know if I want to do this again, Kevin. This is such a long, hard process." and "remind me, in 2 years when I come to you and start saying 'honey, let's have another baby!' and I have that look in my eye....remind me how miserable I am right now please"

But in all actuality, I know for a fact, that in 2 or so years, I will be coming to my husband, longing for another child. Because it's just in me.
And because, let's say pregnancy is 9 months of total hell (which it's not), then it's ONLY 9 MONTHS OF TOTAL HELL for the greatest thing on earth!
For a child of yours!
For a life.
For another one of Yahweh's sons or daughters to fulfill His purpose for them on the earth, that could do who knows what for the Kingdom of God.



This preciousness and this calling is priceless. I would do it over and over and over again, if you were the result each time, Ruby girl.

3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Oh these babies. They hold our hearts FOREVER. What a gift!

Leslie said...

You could always adopt, too! One of those most special callings ever!

Aspiring Domestic Goddess said...

This post gave me goosebumps, as someone who is TTC!

Friday, June 15, 2012

Pregnancy Encouragement

27 wks. in Florida
 It's not always easy being chipper and cheery while pregnant.
It's some of your most sick and most uncomfortable days.

But I can't help but often shake myself and just say come on.
I think of all the women out there who would kill to be in my shoes, who have prayed and longed and desired to be pregnant but just can't.
How dare I whine or complain about something that is an absolute gift.

I think it may be a little bit easier the second and subsequent times around because now we have children and we see how amazing it is.
If Jesus died on the cross...I can be pregnant and birth a baby.


I've said, at my hardest times during this pregnancy "I don't know if I want to do this again, Kevin. This is such a long, hard process." and "remind me, in 2 years when I come to you and start saying 'honey, let's have another baby!' and I have that look in my eye....remind me how miserable I am right now please"

But in all actuality, I know for a fact, that in 2 or so years, I will be coming to my husband, longing for another child. Because it's just in me.
And because, let's say pregnancy is 9 months of total hell (which it's not), then it's ONLY 9 MONTHS OF TOTAL HELL for the greatest thing on earth!
For a child of yours!
For a life.
For another one of Yahweh's sons or daughters to fulfill His purpose for them on the earth, that could do who knows what for the Kingdom of God.



This preciousness and this calling is priceless. I would do it over and over and over again, if you were the result each time, Ruby girl.

3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

Oh these babies. They hold our hearts FOREVER. What a gift!

Leslie said...

You could always adopt, too! One of those most special callings ever!

Aspiring Domestic Goddess said...

This post gave me goosebumps, as someone who is TTC!