Tuesday, June 5, 2012

No Such Thing As Mundane


Lately, life around here has been pretty interesting.
One day I have energy and I'm so happy and all motivated and could participate in track and field events if I stumbled across a meet somewhere.
And the very next day you can find me laying on my side, along with my 3 best friends: pillows. Between my legs, arms, and under my head.

Having a toddler sure makes pregnancy different. In all honesty, though, I like it better.
The time goes by faster and you stay fitter because you are forced to move quite a bit more.


The girls' room is coming together and it's my favorite place in our house.
I can't wait to see and put up the paintings my friend Gena so sweetly offered to paint us.


Tis the season for caprese salad!
Is there anything cooler than going outside to your herbs and picking a few, rinsing them, then eating them? I love it. And all I have is basil and some lettuce from last year.
The dressing I use is easy peasy:
equal parts balsamic vinegar and EVOO
garlic to taste
honey to taste


Every time I give Ruby caprese salad, I come back to get her out of her high chair and all that's left in the bowl is red and green. She just eats the chunks of mozerella. Funny girl:)

I love, love, love watching her play.
She is so sweet and so kind in her own little play world. The way to talks to her animals is so sweet.
She is a natural-born Mommy, that's for sure.


I've been drinking lots of smoothies lately. I just love how much nutrients you can pack into something so yummy and refreshing.
I guarantee you, if you switched out your morning coffee for a smoothie with spinach and chia seeds you will have just as much, if not more, energy. It's amazing. I can tell a big difference when I don't have a spinach smoothie.


32 weeks, people!
I'm suspecting this darling will come a few days early, though I'm not getting any hopes up.
I just want a healthy, fully formed baby.


All the people that have told me my belly is so small this time are no longer saying that:)
This belly is huge, and I still have 8 weeks to go! Agh!


Here's to the rest of my pregnant (and thereafter) days being those awesome, great-feeling, track and field days!

7 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

You look SO good Jessica! Perfectly round and beautiful tummy!

I have a smoothie every morning! Packed with fruit and spinach and greek yogurt, and it is like a natural energy drink! And yes! I can tell a BIG difference if I don't drink one in the morning!

Anonymous said...

You look Great!!! What all do you put in your smoothies?

Trish

jessica kiehn said...

Thanks, Trish!

My usual smoothie looks like this:
-1 cup of water
-2 cups(ish) of organic spinach
-1 TBSP or so of chia seeds
-1 cup of frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pineapple, mango, peaches, etc)
-1 banana (makes it smoother and adds sweetness)
-sometimes a bit of honey if it's not already sweet enough

That alone will get you happy, full, and energy and keep you glowing!

Often times I'll add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, sometimes I'll add a scoop of vanilla protein (read the ingredients for all natural kinds only!), sometimes a nut butter like almond or peanut. Also, coconut milk is DELICIOUS in smoothies. (again, read ingredients for pure coconut milk only. not the refrigerated kind. usually found in asian section of store, in a can.)

Leslie said...

I love that new shelf and the wall color! I can't wait to see it all done.

Remember that pic of that smoothie I texted you once? That was the one and only one I ever made! You know me. I just couldn't get into it. I tried though!

Jessica, you are so stinkin' cute. I can't get over the cuteness!!!

Oh, and HAHA about only eating the cheese. That's my girl!!

Anonymous said...

YUM... I'm drinking one with coconut milk right now. Thanks so much!! Trish

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cool that' "R" looks!!!!!


Wish we could get the other one!

- Julie Kiehn

Kari Beth said...

Mmmmmmm smoothies my fav!

Love that first pic of Ruby :) ..... Your belly has really grown. You look adorable as always!

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

No Such Thing As Mundane


Lately, life around here has been pretty interesting.
One day I have energy and I'm so happy and all motivated and could participate in track and field events if I stumbled across a meet somewhere.
And the very next day you can find me laying on my side, along with my 3 best friends: pillows. Between my legs, arms, and under my head.

Having a toddler sure makes pregnancy different. In all honesty, though, I like it better.
The time goes by faster and you stay fitter because you are forced to move quite a bit more.


The girls' room is coming together and it's my favorite place in our house.
I can't wait to see and put up the paintings my friend Gena so sweetly offered to paint us.


Tis the season for caprese salad!
Is there anything cooler than going outside to your herbs and picking a few, rinsing them, then eating them? I love it. And all I have is basil and some lettuce from last year.
The dressing I use is easy peasy:
equal parts balsamic vinegar and EVOO
garlic to taste
honey to taste


Every time I give Ruby caprese salad, I come back to get her out of her high chair and all that's left in the bowl is red and green. She just eats the chunks of mozerella. Funny girl:)

I love, love, love watching her play.
She is so sweet and so kind in her own little play world. The way to talks to her animals is so sweet.
She is a natural-born Mommy, that's for sure.


I've been drinking lots of smoothies lately. I just love how much nutrients you can pack into something so yummy and refreshing.
I guarantee you, if you switched out your morning coffee for a smoothie with spinach and chia seeds you will have just as much, if not more, energy. It's amazing. I can tell a big difference when I don't have a spinach smoothie.


32 weeks, people!
I'm suspecting this darling will come a few days early, though I'm not getting any hopes up.
I just want a healthy, fully formed baby.


All the people that have told me my belly is so small this time are no longer saying that:)
This belly is huge, and I still have 8 weeks to go! Agh!


Here's to the rest of my pregnant (and thereafter) days being those awesome, great-feeling, track and field days!

7 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

You look SO good Jessica! Perfectly round and beautiful tummy!

I have a smoothie every morning! Packed with fruit and spinach and greek yogurt, and it is like a natural energy drink! And yes! I can tell a BIG difference if I don't drink one in the morning!

Anonymous said...

You look Great!!! What all do you put in your smoothies?

Trish

jessica kiehn said...

Thanks, Trish!

My usual smoothie looks like this:
-1 cup of water
-2 cups(ish) of organic spinach
-1 TBSP or so of chia seeds
-1 cup of frozen fruit (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pineapple, mango, peaches, etc)
-1 banana (makes it smoother and adds sweetness)
-sometimes a bit of honey if it's not already sweet enough

That alone will get you happy, full, and energy and keep you glowing!

Often times I'll add a dollop of plain Greek yogurt, sometimes I'll add a scoop of vanilla protein (read the ingredients for all natural kinds only!), sometimes a nut butter like almond or peanut. Also, coconut milk is DELICIOUS in smoothies. (again, read ingredients for pure coconut milk only. not the refrigerated kind. usually found in asian section of store, in a can.)

Leslie said...

I love that new shelf and the wall color! I can't wait to see it all done.

Remember that pic of that smoothie I texted you once? That was the one and only one I ever made! You know me. I just couldn't get into it. I tried though!

Jessica, you are so stinkin' cute. I can't get over the cuteness!!!

Oh, and HAHA about only eating the cheese. That's my girl!!

Anonymous said...

YUM... I'm drinking one with coconut milk right now. Thanks so much!! Trish

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cool that' "R" looks!!!!!


Wish we could get the other one!

- Julie Kiehn

Kari Beth said...

Mmmmmmm smoothies my fav!

Love that first pic of Ruby :) ..... Your belly has really grown. You look adorable as always!