Friday, June 29, 2012

36 Weeks!


We're getting there, folks.
Our natural doctor predicted she'll be here July 17th.
Let's see if he's right.
Either way...we're getting there!

I feel great today and in true hormonal fashion, that varies from day to day.
One day, I can't take it anymore and I can't wait for this to be over.
The next day I feel good and want her to stay in there because life with only one is surely easier than life with two.

So much easier to carry her in my belly and not lug around that stinkin carseat.
Along with a 20lb stuffed diaper bag full of everything under the sun.

Basically, my one piece of advice for pregnant women in the last stretch (I learned this with Ruby) is to STAY BUSY.
Just keep going, going, going (and rest when needed) because otherwise you'll just sit and think and let your mind get the best of you. 
Like waaaaah why am I still pregnant. And this hurts, and that hurts!
Just keep moving. Stay busy, and hopefully sleep good and hard at night.

4 (ish) more weeks!


p.s. Had an appointment today! I am dilated to a 2.5 and 50% effaced. eek!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh man, you are so much smarter than I was. I kept having that hip pain and I kept telling myself it will be SO much easier once he's here. It would be easier to take care of 2 than 1 with this pain. NOOOOOOOO!!! That is not the case. Pregnant and 1 is WAY easier than 2. You are right.

Keep hanging in there. Be like that wet cat on the inspirational poster at the dentist office. You know, the one hanging on a limb and about to fall off...Hang in there.

jessica kiehn said...

haha Leslie, you should be an inspirational speaker.

{annie_loo} said...

You look awesome! Momma! For real! Your arms are so skinny! GIVE ME SKINNY ARMS LORD!

I can't wait to meet this little one! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

Friday, June 29, 2012

36 Weeks!


We're getting there, folks.
Our natural doctor predicted she'll be here July 17th.
Let's see if he's right.
Either way...we're getting there!

I feel great today and in true hormonal fashion, that varies from day to day.
One day, I can't take it anymore and I can't wait for this to be over.
The next day I feel good and want her to stay in there because life with only one is surely easier than life with two.

So much easier to carry her in my belly and not lug around that stinkin carseat.
Along with a 20lb stuffed diaper bag full of everything under the sun.

Basically, my one piece of advice for pregnant women in the last stretch (I learned this with Ruby) is to STAY BUSY.
Just keep going, going, going (and rest when needed) because otherwise you'll just sit and think and let your mind get the best of you. 
Like waaaaah why am I still pregnant. And this hurts, and that hurts!
Just keep moving. Stay busy, and hopefully sleep good and hard at night.

4 (ish) more weeks!


p.s. Had an appointment today! I am dilated to a 2.5 and 50% effaced. eek!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh man, you are so much smarter than I was. I kept having that hip pain and I kept telling myself it will be SO much easier once he's here. It would be easier to take care of 2 than 1 with this pain. NOOOOOOOO!!! That is not the case. Pregnant and 1 is WAY easier than 2. You are right.

Keep hanging in there. Be like that wet cat on the inspirational poster at the dentist office. You know, the one hanging on a limb and about to fall off...Hang in there.

jessica kiehn said...

haha Leslie, you should be an inspirational speaker.

{annie_loo} said...

You look awesome! Momma! For real! Your arms are so skinny! GIVE ME SKINNY ARMS LORD!

I can't wait to meet this little one! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!