Friday, June 1, 2012

31-32 weeks


Yesterday I turned 32 weeks along.
Nuts!
Only 8 more weeks to go.
This photo is from last week on Kevin's phone so I was actually 31 weeks here.

I cut my old OB/GYN's hair today and was reminding him that I was dilated to a 4 with Ruby for over a week a couple weeks before my due date. And he said that the chances of me having this baby even a few weeks early is quite possible due to my history with the first pregnancy.
SO
the plan is to stay very very hydrated so that I can keep this little girl in as long as she needs to be. We don't want an early baby if we can help it!
But I believe babies come when they're supposed to, so long as you don't mess around with nature.

Plus, second labors, I hear, are generally half the time as your first. That means 6 hours this time.
Especially since it wasn't that long ago since I had my last baby.
Again...nuts!

It's crazy to think that I actually will have another child and that this baby actually will come out.
It all seems so theoretical until they come.

Anyways!
Gestation: 32 weeks
Feeling: really good! I have noticed just the past week or so getting headaches and having lots of gorgeous heartburn. I can't lean or bend over comfortably anymore, that's for sure. But in general, I feel so good.
Nursery: almost done! It is so, so, so, so CUTE. I love to hang out in the girls' room. That's where I fold laundry because it's so sweet and beautiful and happy. I'll post pictures as soon as it's all finished. ie. we don't even have a crib mattress or any bedding and the walls are blank. (that will soon change!)
Weight gained: 18lbs. Starting this week I gain a pound a week! And baby starts getting chubby:)
Cravings: sugar! and ice. I love ice. And honestly...water.
Carrying: not as big as I remember being with Ruby. However...I remember being like 36+ weeks with her and we all know that every week in this last stretch you get bigger and bigger so I could be right the same as with her.
Work: I am working one full day and one half day. This week I only worked a half day and it was great! I'll get back to you when I'm 33 weeks next week and working full days again:) But in general, I'm doing well and my clients are understanding and I just try to sit when I can.


I am really focusing on enjoying this last little bit of pregnancy.
I mean...it IS still 2 months away so it's not like it's going to slip by.
But it probably will.

Oh, can I show you my favorite picture from our family photos so far? She keeps giving me bits by bits so I don't know if I want to post them all at once or show you as I get them but here.
Anyways:


Oh, Baby N. You're gonna fit right in!

5 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

I was actually thinking of you today and wondering how you were doing! You look great! And I must say I LOVE that picture. So darn cute.

Praying for you! I hope you keep feeling awesome! Love you sweet girl.

nicole everett said...

So so cute!!! :)

Will you let us in on what 'n' stands for ? Were dying to know!!

jessica kiehn said...

haha nicole, you'll just have to wait 8 more weeks!

Ange said...

You are so cute Mama!! Great to meet you!!

Leslie said...

Ahhhh!!! I love that pic of you guys!! I saw you pin it and I thought it was so you. My favorite part is that Ruby has her eyes open. PRECIOUS!

Friday, June 1, 2012

31-32 weeks


Yesterday I turned 32 weeks along.
Nuts!
Only 8 more weeks to go.
This photo is from last week on Kevin's phone so I was actually 31 weeks here.

I cut my old OB/GYN's hair today and was reminding him that I was dilated to a 4 with Ruby for over a week a couple weeks before my due date. And he said that the chances of me having this baby even a few weeks early is quite possible due to my history with the first pregnancy.
SO
the plan is to stay very very hydrated so that I can keep this little girl in as long as she needs to be. We don't want an early baby if we can help it!
But I believe babies come when they're supposed to, so long as you don't mess around with nature.

Plus, second labors, I hear, are generally half the time as your first. That means 6 hours this time.
Especially since it wasn't that long ago since I had my last baby.
Again...nuts!

It's crazy to think that I actually will have another child and that this baby actually will come out.
It all seems so theoretical until they come.

Anyways!
Gestation: 32 weeks
Feeling: really good! I have noticed just the past week or so getting headaches and having lots of gorgeous heartburn. I can't lean or bend over comfortably anymore, that's for sure. But in general, I feel so good.
Nursery: almost done! It is so, so, so, so CUTE. I love to hang out in the girls' room. That's where I fold laundry because it's so sweet and beautiful and happy. I'll post pictures as soon as it's all finished. ie. we don't even have a crib mattress or any bedding and the walls are blank. (that will soon change!)
Weight gained: 18lbs. Starting this week I gain a pound a week! And baby starts getting chubby:)
Cravings: sugar! and ice. I love ice. And honestly...water.
Carrying: not as big as I remember being with Ruby. However...I remember being like 36+ weeks with her and we all know that every week in this last stretch you get bigger and bigger so I could be right the same as with her.
Work: I am working one full day and one half day. This week I only worked a half day and it was great! I'll get back to you when I'm 33 weeks next week and working full days again:) But in general, I'm doing well and my clients are understanding and I just try to sit when I can.


I am really focusing on enjoying this last little bit of pregnancy.
I mean...it IS still 2 months away so it's not like it's going to slip by.
But it probably will.

Oh, can I show you my favorite picture from our family photos so far? She keeps giving me bits by bits so I don't know if I want to post them all at once or show you as I get them but here.
Anyways:


Oh, Baby N. You're gonna fit right in!

5 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

I was actually thinking of you today and wondering how you were doing! You look great! And I must say I LOVE that picture. So darn cute.

Praying for you! I hope you keep feeling awesome! Love you sweet girl.

nicole everett said...

So so cute!!! :)

Will you let us in on what 'n' stands for ? Were dying to know!!

jessica kiehn said...

haha nicole, you'll just have to wait 8 more weeks!

Ange said...

You are so cute Mama!! Great to meet you!!

Leslie said...

Ahhhh!!! I love that pic of you guys!! I saw you pin it and I thought it was so you. My favorite part is that Ruby has her eyes open. PRECIOUS!