Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Too Quickly

Today I was blessed by my mother-in-law who took Ruby so I could rest between my clients. I wanted to do nothing but sit. And that's what I did. Sit and eat.
I got on the computer and started looking at old blog posts on here.
I found myself looking at pictures of Ruby from last summer.
And literally...my heart started racing and it hurt.
Partially because the photos that made my heart do that were ones where she was really sick and so helpless and sad in them.
And partially because it freaked me out.




Time is going by so quickly. 
What I wouldn't give to go back to last summer and snuggle and squeeze Ruby.
I will never, ever, ever have that Ruby again.
It's just not fair. It's so sad. It hit me so hard today.
It really isn't fair.

I'm thinking that when I have other kids the "sadness" part of them growing up won't be as harsh because I'll have other smaller adorable ones running around.
But for now? Today?
Gosh, it hurts.

3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

I feel ya sister! Totally. I dropped Easton off today at school. Picture day. He was in his seersucker shorts and a polo shirt with his hair combed. He knew he looked cute. He grew up overnight I think. It does make your momma heart hurt. :( But...just remember HOW MUCH FUN they are right now!!!!! xoxoxo

Leslie said...

A wise woman once told me... We are the stewards, not the owners. That helps me! Also, I think oh man it's so sad they are growing up so fast...but that's a lot better than the opposite! Them not growing up for some reason. :(

But yes, I totally understand

Leslie said...

The sadness. Sometimes it just makes me swell up with tears just thinking about it!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Too Quickly

Today I was blessed by my mother-in-law who took Ruby so I could rest between my clients. I wanted to do nothing but sit. And that's what I did. Sit and eat.
I got on the computer and started looking at old blog posts on here.
I found myself looking at pictures of Ruby from last summer.
And literally...my heart started racing and it hurt.
Partially because the photos that made my heart do that were ones where she was really sick and so helpless and sad in them.
And partially because it freaked me out.




Time is going by so quickly. 
What I wouldn't give to go back to last summer and snuggle and squeeze Ruby.
I will never, ever, ever have that Ruby again.
It's just not fair. It's so sad. It hit me so hard today.
It really isn't fair.

I'm thinking that when I have other kids the "sadness" part of them growing up won't be as harsh because I'll have other smaller adorable ones running around.
But for now? Today?
Gosh, it hurts.

3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

I feel ya sister! Totally. I dropped Easton off today at school. Picture day. He was in his seersucker shorts and a polo shirt with his hair combed. He knew he looked cute. He grew up overnight I think. It does make your momma heart hurt. :( But...just remember HOW MUCH FUN they are right now!!!!! xoxoxo

Leslie said...

A wise woman once told me... We are the stewards, not the owners. That helps me! Also, I think oh man it's so sad they are growing up so fast...but that's a lot better than the opposite! Them not growing up for some reason. :(

But yes, I totally understand

Leslie said...

The sadness. Sometimes it just makes me swell up with tears just thinking about it!