Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recently At The Kiehns


My older brother Brady graduated from college! He is an Elementary School teacher and if you know him at all...it suits him perfectly. He is gentle and quiet and slow to anger mixed with outgoing and fun for the kids. You will rarely RARELY find him in a bad mood or pouty or negative. He's just steady on and always positive. The kids at the school he's been interning at just LOVE Mr. Carman.

Did you ever have a male teacher at your elementary school? Wasn't he like sooo cool because he was the only guy teacher?


L to R: my little brother Baylor, Molly (Brady's wife), Brady, my momma, and you know the rest of us

 Me and Kevin are total shawty's compared to my family. And I have wedges on!


Ruby loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. TV is one of those last-resort things, but sometimes after a long long day of your toddler tugging at you...it's not only nice, it's necessary.
Anyways, we don't have cable so we just YouTube it. Walked by the other day and Ruby was watching like this:


30 weeks!
 
major thanks to my client Annie who gave me these great maternity capris. they are perfect!

Weight gained: 15 lbs.
Cravings: I've been loving fresh fruit (especially watermelon!) lately. And Braum's crushed ice. And Braum's ice cream. Cappucino chunky chocolate and choc chip cookie dough are my special little treats:)
Due date: July 27th
Gender: girl. although some people have questioned because of the way I am carrying being different from Ruby but I say HUSH! it's a girl, and I'm stickin to it. of course, I'll be happy no matter what this babe comes out.
Position: right now she's head down and facing up. Elizabeth said that's no problem at all because with 10 weeks still to go, she'll turn and face head down the closer to delivery. But that makes so much sense of why I can feel her kicks and movements so easily because she's RIGHT under my belly. She also mainly hangs out on my right side.
Exercise: I stopped doing yoga and strength training because it was literally hurting my back SO bad. (Which is ironic because exercise during pregnancy is supposed to help/prevent that exact thing) I am walking pretty regularly and keeping up with the Rubinator.
Nursery: oh. A hideous hodge podge of Ruby's old cute room with awful curtains slapped up and big robin's egg blue patches painted on the wall for color testing. It's gorgeous, really.

The nursery to-do?
-prime and paint room
-sand, prime, and paint crib
-get crib mattress (Ruby's is on her toddler bed now)
-different curtains
-Ruby bedding
-buy and assemble (and possibly paint) some sort of cubby shelf. If you see one of these-PLEASE TELL ME ASAP. And no...we don't have IKEA here:(
-spray paint frames I have sitting around
-decorate here and there which is the fun part

See why I've been putting it off? sooo much work and money honey!
Also, Kevin has to do the painting and he's been busy and I feel like a slave driver giving him that list because he does NOT like painting. And I paint a room in our house about oh, every month.

Soon my little toddler will seem like a giant compared to our newborn. Which is so sweet and so cool. We'll have two little girls to watch grow and to adore.

You know what I think about almost everyday?
This:
Oooooh! My dream car!
I mean seriously...have you ever driven a Honda Odyssey? Have you?
I will gladly eat the humble pie it takes to drive a mini van if this is the one I'd get.
They are so perfect. They are so made for families.
Honda thought of everything.
It's like they took 100 moms and asked what they wished they had in a car and then they created it.

*sigh* one day...

love, total mom.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Yay Brady!! So proud and such lucky kids to have him as their teacher.

Mini vans are definitely made for moms! So practical and smart.

Could you get any cuter??!

Leslie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You are the HOTTEST prego I have ever seen. I can't believe you. That capri and white tank outfit is the offical hot mama outfit. Everyone knows it! Hahaha. You're so tiny!

I love that pic of her with Brady. She looks so proud, like she was the one who earned the diploma!!

Oh we're all about the mickey mouse clubhouse around here, too. The OH TOOOOOOODLES is SO annoying. But you got to love those classic characters!

Leslie said...

Oh, the minivan...NEVER!!!!!!!

Hahaha. But I know you love them. I hope some day you get one. I know how happy that would make you. But when we go out together...I'll drive!

Kari Beth said...

Minivan...gross! Everything else....love!!!!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Recently At The Kiehns


My older brother Brady graduated from college! He is an Elementary School teacher and if you know him at all...it suits him perfectly. He is gentle and quiet and slow to anger mixed with outgoing and fun for the kids. You will rarely RARELY find him in a bad mood or pouty or negative. He's just steady on and always positive. The kids at the school he's been interning at just LOVE Mr. Carman.

Did you ever have a male teacher at your elementary school? Wasn't he like sooo cool because he was the only guy teacher?


L to R: my little brother Baylor, Molly (Brady's wife), Brady, my momma, and you know the rest of us

 Me and Kevin are total shawty's compared to my family. And I have wedges on!


Ruby loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. TV is one of those last-resort things, but sometimes after a long long day of your toddler tugging at you...it's not only nice, it's necessary.
Anyways, we don't have cable so we just YouTube it. Walked by the other day and Ruby was watching like this:


30 weeks!
 
major thanks to my client Annie who gave me these great maternity capris. they are perfect!

Weight gained: 15 lbs.
Cravings: I've been loving fresh fruit (especially watermelon!) lately. And Braum's crushed ice. And Braum's ice cream. Cappucino chunky chocolate and choc chip cookie dough are my special little treats:)
Due date: July 27th
Gender: girl. although some people have questioned because of the way I am carrying being different from Ruby but I say HUSH! it's a girl, and I'm stickin to it. of course, I'll be happy no matter what this babe comes out.
Position: right now she's head down and facing up. Elizabeth said that's no problem at all because with 10 weeks still to go, she'll turn and face head down the closer to delivery. But that makes so much sense of why I can feel her kicks and movements so easily because she's RIGHT under my belly. She also mainly hangs out on my right side.
Exercise: I stopped doing yoga and strength training because it was literally hurting my back SO bad. (Which is ironic because exercise during pregnancy is supposed to help/prevent that exact thing) I am walking pretty regularly and keeping up with the Rubinator.
Nursery: oh. A hideous hodge podge of Ruby's old cute room with awful curtains slapped up and big robin's egg blue patches painted on the wall for color testing. It's gorgeous, really.

The nursery to-do?
-prime and paint room
-sand, prime, and paint crib
-get crib mattress (Ruby's is on her toddler bed now)
-different curtains
-Ruby bedding
-buy and assemble (and possibly paint) some sort of cubby shelf. If you see one of these-PLEASE TELL ME ASAP. And no...we don't have IKEA here:(
-spray paint frames I have sitting around
-decorate here and there which is the fun part

See why I've been putting it off? sooo much work and money honey!
Also, Kevin has to do the painting and he's been busy and I feel like a slave driver giving him that list because he does NOT like painting. And I paint a room in our house about oh, every month.

Soon my little toddler will seem like a giant compared to our newborn. Which is so sweet and so cool. We'll have two little girls to watch grow and to adore.

You know what I think about almost everyday?
This:
Oooooh! My dream car!
I mean seriously...have you ever driven a Honda Odyssey? Have you?
I will gladly eat the humble pie it takes to drive a mini van if this is the one I'd get.
They are so perfect. They are so made for families.
Honda thought of everything.
It's like they took 100 moms and asked what they wished they had in a car and then they created it.

*sigh* one day...

love, total mom.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Yay Brady!! So proud and such lucky kids to have him as their teacher.

Mini vans are definitely made for moms! So practical and smart.

Could you get any cuter??!

Leslie said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You are the HOTTEST prego I have ever seen. I can't believe you. That capri and white tank outfit is the offical hot mama outfit. Everyone knows it! Hahaha. You're so tiny!

I love that pic of her with Brady. She looks so proud, like she was the one who earned the diploma!!

Oh we're all about the mickey mouse clubhouse around here, too. The OH TOOOOOOODLES is SO annoying. But you got to love those classic characters!

Leslie said...

Oh, the minivan...NEVER!!!!!!!

Hahaha. But I know you love them. I hope some day you get one. I know how happy that would make you. But when we go out together...I'll drive!

Kari Beth said...

Minivan...gross! Everything else....love!!!!