Monday, May 28, 2012

Glorious Sundays and Mondays

These two days of the week are most people's dreaded days. It's the end of their weekend and soon the first day of work will be here.

But for some reason, Sunday evening and Mondays I have the most energy than I do for the rest of the week. I love it and look forward to it!

I think it's because Friday evenings, all day Saturday and all day Sunday Kevin helps me so much with Ruby and the house that I feel rested and it's so nice to have the help.


Last night we went on a bike ride on this beautiful trail. It was 7:45 at night and warm and gorgeous and still light. Summer is most definitely my season. I was practically floating with happiness.
If you wanted to see a funny sight, it was me, 31 weeks pregnant, squeezed in my size small running shorts, riding a bike. I mean, are there even maternity workout shorts? I cannot find any anywhere. Needless to say, I had muffin tops and some serious waistband indentions on my skin when I took those babies off:)

Then today, we took Ruby to the pool because I have been LONGING to swim laps for a while now and today was the first day the pool opened.


It was, in a word, skanky.
Lots of grossness is gross bathing suits.
Just...not a classy family hangout, I'll say that:)
I'm sad because I need so badly to swim laps. It feels so, so good on my back and body and everything.
I think we decided I'll go by myself a few times a week when Kev can watch Ruby and I'll just go, swim my laps, then leave.
Do I sound like a snob? Not trying to. I'm just telling you...public pools. Kinda gross.



Summer is just the best.
So much activity going on.
So much carefree fun.
So much less hair and makeup to be done.
Everyone's tan.
Everyone's eating fresh and yummy foods.

It's just wonderful.

Tonight we are having a little family dinner since my family's not doing anything and Kevin's is out of town.
We are going to make Ruby's all time favorite...grilled corn on the cob. And all the other yummy fixins.
Thank you, to the selfless men and women who fought and died for our country.
We prayed over the families of those men and women today that they would be filled with righteous pride and with peace.

Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Angela B said...

Jessica you can come and swim laps anytime at our pool!!

Leslie said...

I feel the exact way about public pools. NASTY!!! My loathe for them came when I went one time and everyone was swimming in tshirts and cut off jeans.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Glorious Sundays and Mondays

These two days of the week are most people's dreaded days. It's the end of their weekend and soon the first day of work will be here.

But for some reason, Sunday evening and Mondays I have the most energy than I do for the rest of the week. I love it and look forward to it!

I think it's because Friday evenings, all day Saturday and all day Sunday Kevin helps me so much with Ruby and the house that I feel rested and it's so nice to have the help.


Last night we went on a bike ride on this beautiful trail. It was 7:45 at night and warm and gorgeous and still light. Summer is most definitely my season. I was practically floating with happiness.
If you wanted to see a funny sight, it was me, 31 weeks pregnant, squeezed in my size small running shorts, riding a bike. I mean, are there even maternity workout shorts? I cannot find any anywhere. Needless to say, I had muffin tops and some serious waistband indentions on my skin when I took those babies off:)

Then today, we took Ruby to the pool because I have been LONGING to swim laps for a while now and today was the first day the pool opened.


It was, in a word, skanky.
Lots of grossness is gross bathing suits.
Just...not a classy family hangout, I'll say that:)
I'm sad because I need so badly to swim laps. It feels so, so good on my back and body and everything.
I think we decided I'll go by myself a few times a week when Kev can watch Ruby and I'll just go, swim my laps, then leave.
Do I sound like a snob? Not trying to. I'm just telling you...public pools. Kinda gross.



Summer is just the best.
So much activity going on.
So much carefree fun.
So much less hair and makeup to be done.
Everyone's tan.
Everyone's eating fresh and yummy foods.

It's just wonderful.

Tonight we are having a little family dinner since my family's not doing anything and Kevin's is out of town.
We are going to make Ruby's all time favorite...grilled corn on the cob. And all the other yummy fixins.
Thank you, to the selfless men and women who fought and died for our country.
We prayed over the families of those men and women today that they would be filled with righteous pride and with peace.

Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

Angela B said...

Jessica you can come and swim laps anytime at our pool!!

Leslie said...

I feel the exact way about public pools. NASTY!!! My loathe for them came when I went one time and everyone was swimming in tshirts and cut off jeans.