Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Wanna Talk

This is one of my favorite things our daughter says.
She just comes up to you and says "I wanna talk".
And you say "ok! about what?" and it's usually always going through a list of people we know asking if they need a sassa.
Because we are SOOOO over sassas. Those are for babies.

ruby-"Does Jammie need a sassa?" 
together while scrunching our nose in disgust- "nooo! Jammie doesn't need a sassa!"

(by the way, she stopped using sassas like a month ago because one day I laid her down for her nap and couldn't find one anywhere. I just told her I was so sorry babe but I can't find one, and she was just like "ok". And fell asleep eventually. And from then on we just never talked about it and if she asked we'd remind her we lost them all and couldn't find them. And now they are not even a temptation. It's more something we talk about like "ewwww!! sassas! oh brother!")




We have been talking about this next little girl recently and imagining her personality. I'm telling you...she moves NONSTOP. We joke and say she's a fitness instructor. She's constantly doing Crossfit in my womb. My dad said you can tell a baby's personality from the very beginning. And he's right. Ruby showed signs of being herself so early.
Long story short: I think I have an active littler sister on her way.

maybe my next daughter will like it when i put wigs on her at 10 or so months old...

I have so greatly enjoyed the past few weeks of this pregnancy. 
I'm big but not so huge it's super uncomfortable.
I'm getting several aches and pains here and there and it makes me feel for old people. I used to be a little bratty and get impatient with older people, not because I didn't like them, but because it just takes forever for them to do something/walk somewhere/get something/etc. 
Well...now I see why. 
It's hard when your joints ache, you little whipper snapper! 



I am feeling rather nostalgic today for some reason.
I'm just so thankful.
Thankful I can have children naturally. I never ever EVER take that for granted. 
Thankful I am safe, in a wonderful marriage, surrounded by people that love and care about us.
Thankful I am free. I can say whatever I want. I can worship my God. If I want to bake muffins today, I can. If I want to go for a walk, I can. It's just so cool.
Thankful for our home.
Thankful for our health.
Sometimes we get so caught up in what's next or what else we need to do or to get or whatever and it's nice to just sit on the front porch in the rocking chair, and let the Spirit minister to you as you watch the breeze move the leaves on the tree above you.


2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Jammie doesn't need her sassa.....haha. Sweet Ruby girl:)

Leslie said...

Ruby in the wig- hahahaha!!

That is so awesome how you gave up the paci. We did this big ordeal with the "Paci Fairy" and she took all the paci's one night and left presents in their place. I used Tinkerbell as the "Paci Fairy" since Mill had no idea who she was. Then he went to school and a girl had a Tinkerbell lunch box and he was all excited and kept calling her Paci Fairy. Then his class thought he was weird!

Didn't know I was going to type out a life lesson there.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Wanna Talk

This is one of my favorite things our daughter says.
She just comes up to you and says "I wanna talk".
And you say "ok! about what?" and it's usually always going through a list of people we know asking if they need a sassa.
Because we are SOOOO over sassas. Those are for babies.

ruby-"Does Jammie need a sassa?" 
together while scrunching our nose in disgust- "nooo! Jammie doesn't need a sassa!"

(by the way, she stopped using sassas like a month ago because one day I laid her down for her nap and couldn't find one anywhere. I just told her I was so sorry babe but I can't find one, and she was just like "ok". And fell asleep eventually. And from then on we just never talked about it and if she asked we'd remind her we lost them all and couldn't find them. And now they are not even a temptation. It's more something we talk about like "ewwww!! sassas! oh brother!")




We have been talking about this next little girl recently and imagining her personality. I'm telling you...she moves NONSTOP. We joke and say she's a fitness instructor. She's constantly doing Crossfit in my womb. My dad said you can tell a baby's personality from the very beginning. And he's right. Ruby showed signs of being herself so early.
Long story short: I think I have an active littler sister on her way.

maybe my next daughter will like it when i put wigs on her at 10 or so months old...

I have so greatly enjoyed the past few weeks of this pregnancy. 
I'm big but not so huge it's super uncomfortable.
I'm getting several aches and pains here and there and it makes me feel for old people. I used to be a little bratty and get impatient with older people, not because I didn't like them, but because it just takes forever for them to do something/walk somewhere/get something/etc. 
Well...now I see why. 
It's hard when your joints ache, you little whipper snapper! 



I am feeling rather nostalgic today for some reason.
I'm just so thankful.
Thankful I can have children naturally. I never ever EVER take that for granted. 
Thankful I am safe, in a wonderful marriage, surrounded by people that love and care about us.
Thankful I am free. I can say whatever I want. I can worship my God. If I want to bake muffins today, I can. If I want to go for a walk, I can. It's just so cool.
Thankful for our home.
Thankful for our health.
Sometimes we get so caught up in what's next or what else we need to do or to get or whatever and it's nice to just sit on the front porch in the rocking chair, and let the Spirit minister to you as you watch the breeze move the leaves on the tree above you.


2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Jammie doesn't need her sassa.....haha. Sweet Ruby girl:)

Leslie said...

Ruby in the wig- hahahaha!!

That is so awesome how you gave up the paci. We did this big ordeal with the "Paci Fairy" and she took all the paci's one night and left presents in their place. I used Tinkerbell as the "Paci Fairy" since Mill had no idea who she was. Then he went to school and a girl had a Tinkerbell lunch box and he was all excited and kept calling her Paci Fairy. Then his class thought he was weird!

Didn't know I was going to type out a life lesson there.