Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Don't Like The Word Random

because it just makes me think of middle school girls giggling at everything and saying "that is like, sooooo random!"

But this post really has no rhyme or reason. So let's call it sporadic:)

I would like to share with you my all-time favorite laundry soap ever.
It cleans the best I've ever used, and is all natural.
And it's SO, SO CHEAP.

The recipe:
1 bar of Fels Naptha grated. I use an old cheese grater. Grate the whole thing up. You can find this in the laundry aisle usually next to the washing soda and Borax.
1 C borax
1 C washing soda


That's it!
No cooking, heating, nothing.
Mix it all up.
This amount lasts us about a month. The Fels Naptha bar is $0.97, and I bought the washing soda and borax over a year ago and I still have plenty left so I don't remember how much that is. (cheap)



1 TBSP for regular loads, 2 TBSP for large loads

Remember that mirror I got at Goodwill for $15?
I was taking a pic of it and got distracted by my cute daughter in my belly.
Anyway, here it is.


before:

after:


A simple, small change that was cheap and we like it. Wish I could re-do this bathroom, but...it's fine.
Love our little place.

SPEAKING OF RE-DOING THINGS!
I finally have a vision for the girls' room!
Kevin said "I don't think anyone paints their house as often as we do"
Oh I'm sure they do, honey.

It's been two years since we painted the nursery. TWO YEARS! That's plenty long:) And in my defense I would keep it as is, but when you welcome a new sweet thing into your family it's fun to have a new and fresh place all set up for them. Plus Ruby is a big sister now and needs a new look to go with that role and to share with her sis. "Need" is not the right word here, I know.

Anyway, I'm thinking the room will be painted this color:
benjamin moore #618 robin's nest
looks super bright turquoise in some pics and soft in others, so we'll see in real life

with white furniture, and the built-ins in the room are white.
Yellow accents here and there. 
I think Ruby's bedding will be yellow with some cute, simple sheets. We're just gonna get her a cheap yellow throw probably from IKEA.


I want to do baby girl's crib skirt in this fabric:
but 1. don't know where to get it
2. depends on how pricey it is.

Her sheets will just be whatever we already have, because black and white stripes go with everything. 
I think this would be great for her crib skirt as well:
(the grey color)
with yellow accents to go with Ruby's bedding.

All depends how cheap I can find this stuff!


I'll try to take pictures as we get to actually doing stuff for it. Bless Kevin's heart. 
The other day while I was getting a pedicure I had a vision of me in my late 40's with my two, young 20's beautiful daughters all sitting together and talking and getting pedicures. How it would be such a fun treat, and I envisioned the conversation and us all laughing.
I told Kev about it and he just smiled and said "that's $180..."
HA!
once in a while, dear. don't worry:)




3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

God bless Kevin! He's too sweet thinking of what its going to cost him. That's JUST the start of it! Pedicures will probably be his cheapest outing with 3 girlies! ;)

Mirror looks great...and so does the cutie patootie momma in it!

Carman said...

LOVE the nursery ideas! Can't wait to see it!

Leslie said...

OH my gosh, Jessica, I love your nursery ideas! I love how you went so girl and feminine with that AB fabric with Ruby and now it's so sleek and modern. Very cool. I can't wait to see it.

Oh, and about your comment about being 50/50 on redoing the nursery...In my opinion, it's something special. It's a one time thing. And no, your baby doesn't know-but that doesn't make it any less sweet. DO IT!! Mainly so I can see it...hee hee.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I Don't Like The Word Random

because it just makes me think of middle school girls giggling at everything and saying "that is like, sooooo random!"

But this post really has no rhyme or reason. So let's call it sporadic:)

I would like to share with you my all-time favorite laundry soap ever.
It cleans the best I've ever used, and is all natural.
And it's SO, SO CHEAP.

The recipe:
1 bar of Fels Naptha grated. I use an old cheese grater. Grate the whole thing up. You can find this in the laundry aisle usually next to the washing soda and Borax.
1 C borax
1 C washing soda


That's it!
No cooking, heating, nothing.
Mix it all up.
This amount lasts us about a month. The Fels Naptha bar is $0.97, and I bought the washing soda and borax over a year ago and I still have plenty left so I don't remember how much that is. (cheap)



1 TBSP for regular loads, 2 TBSP for large loads

Remember that mirror I got at Goodwill for $15?
I was taking a pic of it and got distracted by my cute daughter in my belly.
Anyway, here it is.


before:

after:


A simple, small change that was cheap and we like it. Wish I could re-do this bathroom, but...it's fine.
Love our little place.

SPEAKING OF RE-DOING THINGS!
I finally have a vision for the girls' room!
Kevin said "I don't think anyone paints their house as often as we do"
Oh I'm sure they do, honey.

It's been two years since we painted the nursery. TWO YEARS! That's plenty long:) And in my defense I would keep it as is, but when you welcome a new sweet thing into your family it's fun to have a new and fresh place all set up for them. Plus Ruby is a big sister now and needs a new look to go with that role and to share with her sis. "Need" is not the right word here, I know.

Anyway, I'm thinking the room will be painted this color:
benjamin moore #618 robin's nest
looks super bright turquoise in some pics and soft in others, so we'll see in real life

with white furniture, and the built-ins in the room are white.
Yellow accents here and there. 
I think Ruby's bedding will be yellow with some cute, simple sheets. We're just gonna get her a cheap yellow throw probably from IKEA.


I want to do baby girl's crib skirt in this fabric:
but 1. don't know where to get it
2. depends on how pricey it is.

Her sheets will just be whatever we already have, because black and white stripes go with everything. 
I think this would be great for her crib skirt as well:
(the grey color)
with yellow accents to go with Ruby's bedding.

All depends how cheap I can find this stuff!


I'll try to take pictures as we get to actually doing stuff for it. Bless Kevin's heart. 
The other day while I was getting a pedicure I had a vision of me in my late 40's with my two, young 20's beautiful daughters all sitting together and talking and getting pedicures. How it would be such a fun treat, and I envisioned the conversation and us all laughing.
I told Kev about it and he just smiled and said "that's $180..."
HA!
once in a while, dear. don't worry:)




3 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

God bless Kevin! He's too sweet thinking of what its going to cost him. That's JUST the start of it! Pedicures will probably be his cheapest outing with 3 girlies! ;)

Mirror looks great...and so does the cutie patootie momma in it!

Carman said...

LOVE the nursery ideas! Can't wait to see it!

Leslie said...

OH my gosh, Jessica, I love your nursery ideas! I love how you went so girl and feminine with that AB fabric with Ruby and now it's so sleek and modern. Very cool. I can't wait to see it.

Oh, and about your comment about being 50/50 on redoing the nursery...In my opinion, it's something special. It's a one time thing. And no, your baby doesn't know-but that doesn't make it any less sweet. DO IT!! Mainly so I can see it...hee hee.