Monday, April 16, 2012

Coming Summer 2012

Us pregnant girls (minus 2 others!) at church. 
We're all due either June or July this summer. 
It was so fun this fall to squeal and tell each other we were pregnant.

(this was last week, at 24 wks along)

from left to right in above photo:
Rebecca - pregnant with TWINS! Two little girls:)
Emily - not finding out, it's her third. She thinks it's a girl though.
Angela - my SIL. having a girl!
Me- girl!

Sooo many girls. I love it.
We need some boys born to marry, though, hello.

the real us

25 weeks
cravings: none, really. sometimes sweet, sometimes salty. the usual.
weight gained: 5 lbs. i'm rather surprised, i feel like it should be more, but my midwife says as long as I am eating well and eating nutritiously, she's not concerned a bit.
gender: girl
size: i think 1.5 lbs or maybe close to 2?
things bought for the baby: nothing. there is a short but very pricey list of what we actually need and it's this:
-double jogging stroller (so expensive! but totally worth it. we use our jogger ALL THE TIME)
-crib mattress
-baby monitor (we bought a super cheap one with Ruby and it's just crap. It fuzzes all night and it only works in certain areas of the house)
-newborn diapers (either cloth or disposables) for the first month or so
nursery: nothing different done yet, but i have a vision! speaking of expenses, sheesh. 
feeling: very good. i have my days...but you know what? i stopped "working out" and i feel better this week than i have in a long time, physically. i feel so torn, because i know the better shape you're in while pregnant, the easier and stronger you'll be for your delivery and bounce back sooner. Of course i want that! but at what cost? my shoulders and back and neck would be in so, so much pain and i would have NO energy because of strength training.
so i'm going to try just walking (good pace, good distance) and yoga and see how i feel from that. because i KNOW doing nothing is not the answer. i just am still finding the balance.
turns out, lifting a 25lb. toddler all day is all the strength training i need while pregnant myself:)

speaking of that 25 pounder...
I love her.
She keeps saying to her little sister while patting my belly "and this is Mommy, and I'm Ruby, and this is Daddy..."
Introducing the fam to your unborn baby sister? Ruby, you're awesome.


8 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

You look FABULOUS! Your hair is getting so long! I'm jealous!

Little Ruby can marry Easton...so there's one boy taken care of!

Gena Renae said...

Hey Jessica, this is Gena Smith (now Grubbs)I just wanted to let you know I came across your blog via your mom and really love getting to listen to you tell the story of your family growing! Also, I would love to do a painting or something for your nursery as a baby gift, if there is anything in particular you are wanting or a theme your trying to stick to let me know!!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh- I am dying over your navy dress and hair in that last pic. They are amazing!! You are so beautiful. And can I say how jealous I am over the 5 lbs?! I gained 5 lbs last week at Ihop.

jessica kiehn said...

GENA!! how can i get a hold of you?!
I'm so happy to see you on here! You look as beautiful as ever.
You painting me something would be a TOTAL TREAT! I even have a huge canvas for you to use that I've never gotten around to painting anything on. yay!
email me if you get a chance...

jessicaikiehn at gmail dot com

kelly said...

Little girls are special.. :-) I have four of them and one spunky boy..
p.s I love the name Ruby. x

Kari Beth said...

Awww...sweet Ruby! Can't wait to see you both next Friday (and neither can my roots)!!!

nicole everett said...

Well, I've got two boys that I could loan out!!! Haha

And Rebecca and Zachary are having twins!!! Oh my oh my!! I'm thrilled! I knew they were in for another, but two more -precious!!!!

You're looking good!!! It was great to catch you and ruby on your walk the other day :)

Sheryl said...

So SOOO cute!!! I love it!!!

Monday, April 16, 2012

Coming Summer 2012

Us pregnant girls (minus 2 others!) at church. 
We're all due either June or July this summer. 
It was so fun this fall to squeal and tell each other we were pregnant.

(this was last week, at 24 wks along)

from left to right in above photo:
Rebecca - pregnant with TWINS! Two little girls:)
Emily - not finding out, it's her third. She thinks it's a girl though.
Angela - my SIL. having a girl!
Me- girl!

Sooo many girls. I love it.
We need some boys born to marry, though, hello.

the real us

25 weeks
cravings: none, really. sometimes sweet, sometimes salty. the usual.
weight gained: 5 lbs. i'm rather surprised, i feel like it should be more, but my midwife says as long as I am eating well and eating nutritiously, she's not concerned a bit.
gender: girl
size: i think 1.5 lbs or maybe close to 2?
things bought for the baby: nothing. there is a short but very pricey list of what we actually need and it's this:
-double jogging stroller (so expensive! but totally worth it. we use our jogger ALL THE TIME)
-crib mattress
-baby monitor (we bought a super cheap one with Ruby and it's just crap. It fuzzes all night and it only works in certain areas of the house)
-newborn diapers (either cloth or disposables) for the first month or so
nursery: nothing different done yet, but i have a vision! speaking of expenses, sheesh. 
feeling: very good. i have my days...but you know what? i stopped "working out" and i feel better this week than i have in a long time, physically. i feel so torn, because i know the better shape you're in while pregnant, the easier and stronger you'll be for your delivery and bounce back sooner. Of course i want that! but at what cost? my shoulders and back and neck would be in so, so much pain and i would have NO energy because of strength training.
so i'm going to try just walking (good pace, good distance) and yoga and see how i feel from that. because i KNOW doing nothing is not the answer. i just am still finding the balance.
turns out, lifting a 25lb. toddler all day is all the strength training i need while pregnant myself:)

speaking of that 25 pounder...
I love her.
She keeps saying to her little sister while patting my belly "and this is Mommy, and I'm Ruby, and this is Daddy..."
Introducing the fam to your unborn baby sister? Ruby, you're awesome.


8 comments:

{annie_loo} said...

You look FABULOUS! Your hair is getting so long! I'm jealous!

Little Ruby can marry Easton...so there's one boy taken care of!

Gena Renae said...

Hey Jessica, this is Gena Smith (now Grubbs)I just wanted to let you know I came across your blog via your mom and really love getting to listen to you tell the story of your family growing! Also, I would love to do a painting or something for your nursery as a baby gift, if there is anything in particular you are wanting or a theme your trying to stick to let me know!!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh- I am dying over your navy dress and hair in that last pic. They are amazing!! You are so beautiful. And can I say how jealous I am over the 5 lbs?! I gained 5 lbs last week at Ihop.

jessica kiehn said...

GENA!! how can i get a hold of you?!
I'm so happy to see you on here! You look as beautiful as ever.
You painting me something would be a TOTAL TREAT! I even have a huge canvas for you to use that I've never gotten around to painting anything on. yay!
email me if you get a chance...

jessicaikiehn at gmail dot com

kelly said...

Little girls are special.. :-) I have four of them and one spunky boy..
p.s I love the name Ruby. x

Kari Beth said...

Awww...sweet Ruby! Can't wait to see you both next Friday (and neither can my roots)!!!

nicole everett said...

Well, I've got two boys that I could loan out!!! Haha

And Rebecca and Zachary are having twins!!! Oh my oh my!! I'm thrilled! I knew they were in for another, but two more -precious!!!!

You're looking good!!! It was great to catch you and ruby on your walk the other day :)

Sheryl said...

So SOOO cute!!! I love it!!!