Saturday, April 14, 2012

Best Birthday Week Ever

I was tempted to never ever post again and just leave that last post written by Kevin up for forever and read it periodically. But, sigh, I guess life goes on and it can't be my week forever:)

I woke up on my birthday to this:


and freshly brewed coffee and homemade spelt + banana pancakes.
Then Kev said "go read your blog, birthday girl"
and I went over to the couch in my jammies, still waking up, and sat down and read.

And then I sobbed. I cried and cried.
That song and those written words meant the whole world to me.

I told Kevin that it meant so much because his everyday life shows me that he loves me and his girls. His presence, his actions, who he is says it all.
So having it said, and explained, and then put into beautiful song form ON TOP of his everyday real showing it...it was just the perfect gift. It meant so much.


Kevin got me this beautiful gold watch I have been wanting for quite some time now. I love it! And don't you think it's cool that his song said "if our future was a color it'd be gold" and for that same birthday he got me a GOLD watch?! He didn't even realize that, but I think it's extra special.

I ate at TCBY two times this week. Love birthdays.


My awesome in-laws are just the best. Birthdays are very special to them and they make a big deal for you for your day, which is just so humbling and sweet to me. They gave me a hefty amount of spending money and said "we'll watch Ruby - go have a day to yourself! Shop, do whatever!"

It was heavenly.
I walked around Target and bought things I would normally never buy (I am such a penny pincher)
-$6 blush
- white wash cloths for the bathroom
- a cute $5 lime green soap dispenser for our kitchen
- gum and mints
- head wraps for this summer
- eyebrow pencils (was nervous about this...it was a wonderful purchase!)

After that trip of "oh my gosh...I don't really have a budget and nobody is with me needing me or getting bored" I got in my car and just sat. My legs and feet were soooo tired!

After a trip to TCBY, I looked and next door was a very clean, nice nail salon. I juggled back and forth and then I made the birthday plunge:
MANICURE AND PEDICURE!


heaven


I normally CANNOT justify the $60 this cost me...but that day? My birthday celebration day? It was worth every penny.
My lady didn't speak any english so there was no conversation. Heaven.
I just sat there in my massage chair getting my feet and legs rubbed.
A feeling of guilt rushed over me like "seriously Jessica? $60? Is this wise of you?"
and then it was like the Holy Spirit nipped that in the bud and was like "hush, Jessica. Just enjoy this. Receive the blessing!"

And from then on it was just ahhhhhh.

Yesterday Kevin and I got to go on a birthday date (this has been birthday week, not day, and I am not hatin' that) while the Kiehns took Ruby to a soccer game.
-We went to Hobby Lobby (thanks for the gift card, Grandma!)
-Goodwill and found a fab mirror for $15 and the guy at the checkout looked at Kevin's ID and asked how he lost so much weight HAHAHA!
-Panera Bread (the perfect date in my opinion. Not too pricey. Nice and quiet. Fresh food. Don't have to tip anybody)
-Target again to get curtains for R's room. It's so bright in there during her naps and we are just now getting around to realizing hanging blankets over the windows is pretty ugly.
-TCBY...i'm going to stop for a while now, give me a break.
-and home to relax. we were pooped!

Kevin said my birthday date night and his birthday date night look nothing alike:)

Anyways...I had such a great week. I am beyond blessed, and I knew this before the special attention week, but it sure was fun to be honored.

I can't talk about my birthday without saying thank you to my Momma, who contracted, labored, and pushed me out so I could eat TCBY two times this week, 26 years later. Thank you, my sweet and unselfish Mother:) People always say stuff like "I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for you" and literally...I mean that. Thank you for my birthday.


Each week, our favorite pastor is responsible to send out a weekly email. There's a Bible Study on there, prayer requests, praise reports, news, announcements, etc.
I joked with him on Wednesday night and said "you forgot the most important praise report of all. I was born this day. THAT is a praise report. I even marked it on the calendar on your fridge!"
Completely in jest.
Well the next day I got this email:




I failed to input in the weekly e-mail the most important praise report ever.  As a matter of fact I have on the fridge in my office that it is labeled a Holy Day!  April 11th the whole earth was blessed as Yahweh injected into the earth his most prized spirit in the body of a young girl named Jessica Kiehn.  If you would join me for a moment of silence and then great exuberance as we celebrate this most blessed day.  My sincere apologies for leaving this out yesterday I hope Yahweh and Jessica can somehow find it in their heart of hearts to forgive me.
David PriestPastorThe Rock of Northwest Arkansas(479) 872-9919 o(479) 220-8841 cwww.therocknwa.com
pastordavid@therocknwa.com

Hahahaha! The best part is "Yahweh injected his most prized spirit into the body of Jessica Kiehn" and  "a moment of silence and then great exuberance" HAHA! Thank you! Finally someone sees the light!  :)
(no, he didn't send it to everyone in the church...just me.)


Ohhh, that cracked me up.
Anyways...it was a very special birthday.
I am so thankful for the people in my life, genuinely. They love me and I don't have to try, they just do. It's something that I do not take for granted.

Thank you to everyone, for making my birthday so special!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

First off, love the banner. Who made it??

Secondly, LOVE LOVE that you treated yourself for once and that God hushed the practical side. You DESERVED it!!

Thurd, yes, I would be tempted to open another blog and leave Kevin's post there for all man time. If that's a word. It was the most genuine, loving thing ever. If Ryan were to ever do that, the first thing he would say is, "Um, whats your blog address again?". Haha!

You have been seriously blessed in the loving husband dept.

Happy Birthday, friend. I love you.

Leslie said...

Third not thurd. I'm not that redneck

Sheryl said...

Jessica!...you sweet precious awesome fantastic daughter! I hate that I missed your birthday while I was gone, but we'll celebrate now that I'm home:) You're a gift to all my dear!

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Best Birthday Week Ever

I was tempted to never ever post again and just leave that last post written by Kevin up for forever and read it periodically. But, sigh, I guess life goes on and it can't be my week forever:)

I woke up on my birthday to this:


and freshly brewed coffee and homemade spelt + banana pancakes.
Then Kev said "go read your blog, birthday girl"
and I went over to the couch in my jammies, still waking up, and sat down and read.

And then I sobbed. I cried and cried.
That song and those written words meant the whole world to me.

I told Kevin that it meant so much because his everyday life shows me that he loves me and his girls. His presence, his actions, who he is says it all.
So having it said, and explained, and then put into beautiful song form ON TOP of his everyday real showing it...it was just the perfect gift. It meant so much.


Kevin got me this beautiful gold watch I have been wanting for quite some time now. I love it! And don't you think it's cool that his song said "if our future was a color it'd be gold" and for that same birthday he got me a GOLD watch?! He didn't even realize that, but I think it's extra special.

I ate at TCBY two times this week. Love birthdays.


My awesome in-laws are just the best. Birthdays are very special to them and they make a big deal for you for your day, which is just so humbling and sweet to me. They gave me a hefty amount of spending money and said "we'll watch Ruby - go have a day to yourself! Shop, do whatever!"

It was heavenly.
I walked around Target and bought things I would normally never buy (I am such a penny pincher)
-$6 blush
- white wash cloths for the bathroom
- a cute $5 lime green soap dispenser for our kitchen
- gum and mints
- head wraps for this summer
- eyebrow pencils (was nervous about this...it was a wonderful purchase!)

After that trip of "oh my gosh...I don't really have a budget and nobody is with me needing me or getting bored" I got in my car and just sat. My legs and feet were soooo tired!

After a trip to TCBY, I looked and next door was a very clean, nice nail salon. I juggled back and forth and then I made the birthday plunge:
MANICURE AND PEDICURE!


heaven


I normally CANNOT justify the $60 this cost me...but that day? My birthday celebration day? It was worth every penny.
My lady didn't speak any english so there was no conversation. Heaven.
I just sat there in my massage chair getting my feet and legs rubbed.
A feeling of guilt rushed over me like "seriously Jessica? $60? Is this wise of you?"
and then it was like the Holy Spirit nipped that in the bud and was like "hush, Jessica. Just enjoy this. Receive the blessing!"

And from then on it was just ahhhhhh.

Yesterday Kevin and I got to go on a birthday date (this has been birthday week, not day, and I am not hatin' that) while the Kiehns took Ruby to a soccer game.
-We went to Hobby Lobby (thanks for the gift card, Grandma!)
-Goodwill and found a fab mirror for $15 and the guy at the checkout looked at Kevin's ID and asked how he lost so much weight HAHAHA!
-Panera Bread (the perfect date in my opinion. Not too pricey. Nice and quiet. Fresh food. Don't have to tip anybody)
-Target again to get curtains for R's room. It's so bright in there during her naps and we are just now getting around to realizing hanging blankets over the windows is pretty ugly.
-TCBY...i'm going to stop for a while now, give me a break.
-and home to relax. we were pooped!

Kevin said my birthday date night and his birthday date night look nothing alike:)

Anyways...I had such a great week. I am beyond blessed, and I knew this before the special attention week, but it sure was fun to be honored.

I can't talk about my birthday without saying thank you to my Momma, who contracted, labored, and pushed me out so I could eat TCBY two times this week, 26 years later. Thank you, my sweet and unselfish Mother:) People always say stuff like "I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for you" and literally...I mean that. Thank you for my birthday.


Each week, our favorite pastor is responsible to send out a weekly email. There's a Bible Study on there, prayer requests, praise reports, news, announcements, etc.
I joked with him on Wednesday night and said "you forgot the most important praise report of all. I was born this day. THAT is a praise report. I even marked it on the calendar on your fridge!"
Completely in jest.
Well the next day I got this email:




I failed to input in the weekly e-mail the most important praise report ever.  As a matter of fact I have on the fridge in my office that it is labeled a Holy Day!  April 11th the whole earth was blessed as Yahweh injected into the earth his most prized spirit in the body of a young girl named Jessica Kiehn.  If you would join me for a moment of silence and then great exuberance as we celebrate this most blessed day.  My sincere apologies for leaving this out yesterday I hope Yahweh and Jessica can somehow find it in their heart of hearts to forgive me.
David PriestPastorThe Rock of Northwest Arkansas(479) 872-9919 o(479) 220-8841 cwww.therocknwa.com
pastordavid@therocknwa.com

Hahahaha! The best part is "Yahweh injected his most prized spirit into the body of Jessica Kiehn" and  "a moment of silence and then great exuberance" HAHA! Thank you! Finally someone sees the light!  :)
(no, he didn't send it to everyone in the church...just me.)


Ohhh, that cracked me up.
Anyways...it was a very special birthday.
I am so thankful for the people in my life, genuinely. They love me and I don't have to try, they just do. It's something that I do not take for granted.

Thank you to everyone, for making my birthday so special!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

First off, love the banner. Who made it??

Secondly, LOVE LOVE that you treated yourself for once and that God hushed the practical side. You DESERVED it!!

Thurd, yes, I would be tempted to open another blog and leave Kevin's post there for all man time. If that's a word. It was the most genuine, loving thing ever. If Ryan were to ever do that, the first thing he would say is, "Um, whats your blog address again?". Haha!

You have been seriously blessed in the loving husband dept.

Happy Birthday, friend. I love you.

Leslie said...

Third not thurd. I'm not that redneck

Sheryl said...

Jessica!...you sweet precious awesome fantastic daughter! I hate that I missed your birthday while I was gone, but we'll celebrate now that I'm home:) You're a gift to all my dear!