Monday, April 23, 2012

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 weeks
Cravings: none
Feeling: great! very tired by the end of the week, especially since I am working half days on Friday as well now, but in general I feel so good. It IS rather uncomfortable having a very active, 25 lb toddler crawling all over you, kicking with her wild flailing legs, elbowing you all day, and plopping herself on your belly. I guess it's just preparation because this little sis in my belly is gonna have to roll with Ruby's punches around here.
Gender: girl
Weight gained: 10 lbs.
Girls' room: again...nothing done but I have an idea. I am 50/50 on the whole "who cares? why spend money on something your children could care less about?" and "well, I kind of care and it's nice to have something new and fun in your house". Sigh. We'll see:)
Maternity clothes?: oh yes! I can still squeeeeeze into my regular jeans with a Bella Band, but it's just very uncomfortable. 
Movement: sister moves all the time. And I can tell she's getting bigger and bigger because I'll feel her move really low and pretty high at the same time. 
Baby weighs: 1.5-2 lbs 
Uncategorized: I keep forgetting to use cream on my belly. I fortunately didn't get stretch marks with my first, and I've heard it's genetic, even if you use all the cream in the world. Nonetheless, I really should start up again. 

I am so, so looking forward to birthing this baby. I love the labor and delivery part of it all, and am really looking forward to how different this one is going to be.

At the same time, since I am no longer sick, I am really getting to enjoy being pregnant, so I am in no rush to get it over with. I have 14 weeks left and I'm going to soak it all up. I soooo look forward to the splash park all summer with Ruby, sno cones, swimming pool, beach, picnics, etc. with my toddler and my big belly. 





Here I am, same dress, at 33 weeks pregnant.
(Being pregnant in the warmer months is so much nicer)
7 weeks makes such a big difference!
I will be driving a 14+ hour car drive home from Florida this year at 33 weeks....
say a prayer!


3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

You look great! I will pray for you on that long car ride. When I was 31 weeks pregnant I rode a 9 hour car ride and I won't lie I cried the last 3 hours because I was so uncomfortable. Make sure you get out every 2 hours or so and walk around because you're at an increased risk for blood clots when you sit too long while pregnant!

{annie_loo} said...

You look WONDERFUL!!!!! Can't wait to meet this little missy too! Ruby's going to be a great big sister!!!!

Leslie said...

Can I just say that I LOVE preggo Jessica in dresses? You are so beautiful. I know I say that every week. I'm not just saying it out of habit. I REALLY mean it. I think about you in that blue dress with the braid in your hair all the time.

That sounded weird.

Monday, April 23, 2012

26 Weeks

How far along: 26 weeks
Cravings: none
Feeling: great! very tired by the end of the week, especially since I am working half days on Friday as well now, but in general I feel so good. It IS rather uncomfortable having a very active, 25 lb toddler crawling all over you, kicking with her wild flailing legs, elbowing you all day, and plopping herself on your belly. I guess it's just preparation because this little sis in my belly is gonna have to roll with Ruby's punches around here.
Gender: girl
Weight gained: 10 lbs.
Girls' room: again...nothing done but I have an idea. I am 50/50 on the whole "who cares? why spend money on something your children could care less about?" and "well, I kind of care and it's nice to have something new and fun in your house". Sigh. We'll see:)
Maternity clothes?: oh yes! I can still squeeeeeze into my regular jeans with a Bella Band, but it's just very uncomfortable. 
Movement: sister moves all the time. And I can tell she's getting bigger and bigger because I'll feel her move really low and pretty high at the same time. 
Baby weighs: 1.5-2 lbs 
Uncategorized: I keep forgetting to use cream on my belly. I fortunately didn't get stretch marks with my first, and I've heard it's genetic, even if you use all the cream in the world. Nonetheless, I really should start up again. 

I am so, so looking forward to birthing this baby. I love the labor and delivery part of it all, and am really looking forward to how different this one is going to be.

At the same time, since I am no longer sick, I am really getting to enjoy being pregnant, so I am in no rush to get it over with. I have 14 weeks left and I'm going to soak it all up. I soooo look forward to the splash park all summer with Ruby, sno cones, swimming pool, beach, picnics, etc. with my toddler and my big belly. 





Here I am, same dress, at 33 weeks pregnant.
(Being pregnant in the warmer months is so much nicer)
7 weeks makes such a big difference!
I will be driving a 14+ hour car drive home from Florida this year at 33 weeks....
say a prayer!


3 comments:

Haley Galloway said...

You look great! I will pray for you on that long car ride. When I was 31 weeks pregnant I rode a 9 hour car ride and I won't lie I cried the last 3 hours because I was so uncomfortable. Make sure you get out every 2 hours or so and walk around because you're at an increased risk for blood clots when you sit too long while pregnant!

{annie_loo} said...

You look WONDERFUL!!!!! Can't wait to meet this little missy too! Ruby's going to be a great big sister!!!!

Leslie said...

Can I just say that I LOVE preggo Jessica in dresses? You are so beautiful. I know I say that every week. I'm not just saying it out of habit. I REALLY mean it. I think about you in that blue dress with the braid in your hair all the time.

That sounded weird.