Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Morning

Today has been funny.

Me and Ruby both have colds, so we have been coughing, sneezing, snot-blowing, etc. I have started using her Boogie Wipes because my nose is red and raw from all the toilet paper I've been using on it.

My morning looked like this:
She was screaming crying, cranky, didn't feel good, just not sweet and not quiet. We couldn't find her pacifier ANYWHERE (she only has one now, they all vanish eventually) and I was desperate to find it because she is getting her 2 yr molars and doesn't feel well and I knew that would
1) soother her
2) quiet her
Desperate, I searched even though bending over with 4 lbs of snot in your pregnant head hurts very badly, and despite the spotless house with absolutely no wads of snotty toilet paper all over the place and wrappers and dirty dishes from eating in bed (ha) I couldn't find it. I was makeupless, braless, and helpless. We had to go to Walmart to get a sassa to soothe her and get her to sleep. (Kevin was gone helping a friend work at his house)
I slip on some shoes and grab her (despite her screaming and crying no) to change her diaper and put her clothes on so we can get in the car. I open her cloth diaper and....diarrhea. I had no idea because I cannot smell a thing with this cold. 
Because of that...it was one of my favorite poopy diaper changes ever.
Anyways, sweet girl:( I soothed her red bottom with some ointment, got her changed and got her in the car.
(In the middle of all of this she slammed her fingers in something, I wasn't in the room but she was crying sooo hard and came and showed me)

We fight the Saturday Walmart crowd, she had no shoes on, I had still no bra on (the thick sweater I threw on did the trick) and we were booking it to the baby section. I grabbed some disposable diapers and 2 sassas. The moment the *beep* was heard at the register and the pacifiers were handed to us, that package was opened and handed to the very desperate Ruby Kiehn.

We got home, closed the garage, walked in the kitchen and I set her down with a sigh of relief and enjoying the finally happy and quiet toddler. I walked into my room to grab something where I was greeted by a pile of Clarence vomit on my bed. On the sheets and the pillow and pillow case. Also some on the floor right next to my bed. In my hurry to get out of the house, I didn't put him in his kennel. He found every morsel of food in our house he could get his paws on. And then barfed it up.

This is where I lost it and did the crazy-person laugh. Because I didn't even have any energy anymore to be frustrated! I just picked up the majority of the VOM and plopped myself and the couch and smiled and texted Kevin. I can't even explain it...it was a miracle. It is a miracle Clarence is still next to me breathing. It's a miracle I didn't cry, or through a chair at a referee, or quit life then and there. I was still like actually happy and just thought "oh, I don't care..."

It was the weirdest yet coolest thing!

So, anyway...how was your Saturday morning? :)

2 comments:

Kari Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!! What a morning you have had! Mine has/was hectic! Got up at 6:00-had to mail out 3 orders (one not finished), printer out of ink, I'm out of packing tape, we have a bday party in southwest Fayetteville at 11:00----and you get the point. But I'm home now and it's quiet & all is well with the world! Ha! Hope you have a good rest of your Saturday!

Leslie said...

This is the first time I have NOT liked Clarence. By the way, we always have like 500 pacis. Next time, call me and I will throw on in your car window as you drive by.

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Morning

Today has been funny.

Me and Ruby both have colds, so we have been coughing, sneezing, snot-blowing, etc. I have started using her Boogie Wipes because my nose is red and raw from all the toilet paper I've been using on it.

My morning looked like this:
She was screaming crying, cranky, didn't feel good, just not sweet and not quiet. We couldn't find her pacifier ANYWHERE (she only has one now, they all vanish eventually) and I was desperate to find it because she is getting her 2 yr molars and doesn't feel well and I knew that would
1) soother her
2) quiet her
Desperate, I searched even though bending over with 4 lbs of snot in your pregnant head hurts very badly, and despite the spotless house with absolutely no wads of snotty toilet paper all over the place and wrappers and dirty dishes from eating in bed (ha) I couldn't find it. I was makeupless, braless, and helpless. We had to go to Walmart to get a sassa to soothe her and get her to sleep. (Kevin was gone helping a friend work at his house)
I slip on some shoes and grab her (despite her screaming and crying no) to change her diaper and put her clothes on so we can get in the car. I open her cloth diaper and....diarrhea. I had no idea because I cannot smell a thing with this cold. 
Because of that...it was one of my favorite poopy diaper changes ever.
Anyways, sweet girl:( I soothed her red bottom with some ointment, got her changed and got her in the car.
(In the middle of all of this she slammed her fingers in something, I wasn't in the room but she was crying sooo hard and came and showed me)

We fight the Saturday Walmart crowd, she had no shoes on, I had still no bra on (the thick sweater I threw on did the trick) and we were booking it to the baby section. I grabbed some disposable diapers and 2 sassas. The moment the *beep* was heard at the register and the pacifiers were handed to us, that package was opened and handed to the very desperate Ruby Kiehn.

We got home, closed the garage, walked in the kitchen and I set her down with a sigh of relief and enjoying the finally happy and quiet toddler. I walked into my room to grab something where I was greeted by a pile of Clarence vomit on my bed. On the sheets and the pillow and pillow case. Also some on the floor right next to my bed. In my hurry to get out of the house, I didn't put him in his kennel. He found every morsel of food in our house he could get his paws on. And then barfed it up.

This is where I lost it and did the crazy-person laugh. Because I didn't even have any energy anymore to be frustrated! I just picked up the majority of the VOM and plopped myself and the couch and smiled and texted Kevin. I can't even explain it...it was a miracle. It is a miracle Clarence is still next to me breathing. It's a miracle I didn't cry, or through a chair at a referee, or quit life then and there. I was still like actually happy and just thought "oh, I don't care..."

It was the weirdest yet coolest thing!

So, anyway...how was your Saturday morning? :)

2 comments:

Kari Beth said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!! What a morning you have had! Mine has/was hectic! Got up at 6:00-had to mail out 3 orders (one not finished), printer out of ink, I'm out of packing tape, we have a bday party in southwest Fayetteville at 11:00----and you get the point. But I'm home now and it's quiet & all is well with the world! Ha! Hope you have a good rest of your Saturday!

Leslie said...

This is the first time I have NOT liked Clarence. By the way, we always have like 500 pacis. Next time, call me and I will throw on in your car window as you drive by.