Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ruby Got Chickenpox

Or hand, foot, and mouth. Nobody knows for sure. The symptoms are very similar and she didn't have EXACTLY what the symptoms were of either one.
But she did get a fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, bad cough, etc. 
Then came a rash around her mouth, hands and feet. 
And then it spread all over her legs, hiney, arms.

When the sores were red and swollen and painful (itchy? 2 year olds cant tell you if it itches. She acted way more in pain than itchy and annoyed), Kevin made a paste out of Black Walnut and Vitamin A & E (our doctor told us to, it's not like we are natural geniuses and came up with that on our own)


We were not looking forward to putting the paste on her sores, thinking she would hate it.
WRONG!
It turned into like the coolest thing she's ever done. Body paint, ya'll!
Then we went outside, like anyone should do when naked and covered in Black Walnut paste, to let the stuff dry and to jump on the trampoline in the nude.


our little Dalmation

The best part about whatever this whole thing was...is that once she got past the sick part and once we put this stuff on her...she's been her regular happy self ever since. 

eating spaghetti squash and looking like an orphan girl on Annie
 The paste closed up all the sores and they are healing great. Sweet girl...

So I'd like to keep somewhat of a pregnancy journal to look back on for memory's sake.

How far along: 23 weeks
Cravings: none, now that I'm past first trimester. Pretty much what I always ate anyways.
Weight Gained: around 4 lbs.
Gender: girl...so they say. The ultrasound is so mysterious! I have no idea what to believe. But I'm going with girl!
Work done on the nursery: absolutely none
Things bought for baby: absolutely none
Energy level: absolutely none


Not complaining...just being honest.
I have been sick for about 4 weeks now.
Killer, killer headache. Coughing. Blowing my nose all day. Throbbing head. Nauseous to my stomach. Sinuses out of control. I am sure if you were to cut my body open you would see blood, muscles, fat, and tons and tons of green snot. Just, all over the place.
I want it all to leave sooooo badly.
I know all of my antibodies and sickness-fighting strength is going straight to the baby and saying "forget Jessica! She's 25! This new, young baby needs us now!"
Which...yes. I agree, antibodies. But could you multiply and share - please?

Everyday I say "this is my last day of being sick"
and while it hasn't exactly come to pass, I still believe it. I can't be sick forever.

If I'm being honest, I'm a little mad about it all. I've spent my whole pregnancy feeling poorly, pretty much. First trimester obviousness. Followed by this yucky stuff in the "glorious, honeymoon, energy-filled" second trimester.
I feel a little robbed.
I want to feel amazing and start nesting and cleaning and preparing.
I want to bend over and not have my head throbbing in pain.

BUT
I am believing that this is all going to be over with soon. I am on some new herbs, and I am patient with good spirits. Because, like I said...it can't last forever. And I know things are going to get awesome, and since I put in two really really hard trimesters, I'm thinking I'm going to have like, the best 3rd trimester in history and I will labor for a few minutes and laugh at a Kevin joke and out the baby will come.
Ok Lord?
Ok baby?
Ok body?
Ok.

p.s. We finally have a name for her! And just to tease and be annoying...I'm going to wait to tell you all until she's born. It starts with an N and you may guess but I will not tell you:)
I'm sure I probably will, lets be honest.


3 comments:

nicole everett said...

Is it NORA???!! I loved love love that name-the hubs wasn't a fan of it for our daughter but I still love it :)
Standing with you on that sickness-go away!!!
Feel better soon

Haley Galloway said...

I was going to guess Norah too!

I hope you start feeling better Jessica. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. It really uplifted me at a time I really need it. You're great.

P.S Ruby looks so cute with that stuff all over her. Glad she's feeling better!!!

Sheryl said...

Nessica?!......Oooooooh I love that name! hehe

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Ruby Got Chickenpox

Or hand, foot, and mouth. Nobody knows for sure. The symptoms are very similar and she didn't have EXACTLY what the symptoms were of either one.
But she did get a fever, sore throat, stuffy nose, bad cough, etc. 
Then came a rash around her mouth, hands and feet. 
And then it spread all over her legs, hiney, arms.

When the sores were red and swollen and painful (itchy? 2 year olds cant tell you if it itches. She acted way more in pain than itchy and annoyed), Kevin made a paste out of Black Walnut and Vitamin A & E (our doctor told us to, it's not like we are natural geniuses and came up with that on our own)


We were not looking forward to putting the paste on her sores, thinking she would hate it.
WRONG!
It turned into like the coolest thing she's ever done. Body paint, ya'll!
Then we went outside, like anyone should do when naked and covered in Black Walnut paste, to let the stuff dry and to jump on the trampoline in the nude.


our little Dalmation

The best part about whatever this whole thing was...is that once she got past the sick part and once we put this stuff on her...she's been her regular happy self ever since. 

eating spaghetti squash and looking like an orphan girl on Annie
 The paste closed up all the sores and they are healing great. Sweet girl...

So I'd like to keep somewhat of a pregnancy journal to look back on for memory's sake.

How far along: 23 weeks
Cravings: none, now that I'm past first trimester. Pretty much what I always ate anyways.
Weight Gained: around 4 lbs.
Gender: girl...so they say. The ultrasound is so mysterious! I have no idea what to believe. But I'm going with girl!
Work done on the nursery: absolutely none
Things bought for baby: absolutely none
Energy level: absolutely none


Not complaining...just being honest.
I have been sick for about 4 weeks now.
Killer, killer headache. Coughing. Blowing my nose all day. Throbbing head. Nauseous to my stomach. Sinuses out of control. I am sure if you were to cut my body open you would see blood, muscles, fat, and tons and tons of green snot. Just, all over the place.
I want it all to leave sooooo badly.
I know all of my antibodies and sickness-fighting strength is going straight to the baby and saying "forget Jessica! She's 25! This new, young baby needs us now!"
Which...yes. I agree, antibodies. But could you multiply and share - please?

Everyday I say "this is my last day of being sick"
and while it hasn't exactly come to pass, I still believe it. I can't be sick forever.

If I'm being honest, I'm a little mad about it all. I've spent my whole pregnancy feeling poorly, pretty much. First trimester obviousness. Followed by this yucky stuff in the "glorious, honeymoon, energy-filled" second trimester.
I feel a little robbed.
I want to feel amazing and start nesting and cleaning and preparing.
I want to bend over and not have my head throbbing in pain.

BUT
I am believing that this is all going to be over with soon. I am on some new herbs, and I am patient with good spirits. Because, like I said...it can't last forever. And I know things are going to get awesome, and since I put in two really really hard trimesters, I'm thinking I'm going to have like, the best 3rd trimester in history and I will labor for a few minutes and laugh at a Kevin joke and out the baby will come.
Ok Lord?
Ok baby?
Ok body?
Ok.

p.s. We finally have a name for her! And just to tease and be annoying...I'm going to wait to tell you all until she's born. It starts with an N and you may guess but I will not tell you:)
I'm sure I probably will, lets be honest.


3 comments:

nicole everett said...

Is it NORA???!! I loved love love that name-the hubs wasn't a fan of it for our daughter but I still love it :)
Standing with you on that sickness-go away!!!
Feel better soon

Haley Galloway said...

I was going to guess Norah too!

I hope you start feeling better Jessica. Thank you for the comment you left on my blog. It really uplifted me at a time I really need it. You're great.

P.S Ruby looks so cute with that stuff all over her. Glad she's feeling better!!!

Sheryl said...

Nessica?!......Oooooooh I love that name! hehe