Thursday, March 22, 2012

Raspy Voices and Sleepy Thursdays


I've had the pleasure to wake up to this scene two mornings in a row now.
Ruby and I are STILL fighting off stomach/fever/sinus/congestion/head/nasal whatever stuff.
It's been on and off for 3 weeks now. Insane!
I woke up in the middle of the night with severe back pain and I couldn't really breathe out of my nose and I just lost my grown up tolerance for unpleasant things in life.
I just cried because I was so tired.
Tired of being sick.
Tired of my back hurting.
Tired of not feeling good and being "down" for so long.
It just gets old.

I feel defeated when I get to a point that I have to take Tylenol. ESPECIALLY when I'm pregnant. I feel like a selfish sammy wuss that would rather take medicine that I know isn't good for my still-forming baby because I haven't slept well for a few days or because I am in great pain.
But...I do my best.
I pray over my baby and then take the stuff.

Today has been quiet and and the skies are grey.
It's been rainy here all week.
I turned on some Josh Garrells and, as always, was inspired.
I thought "it's been forever since I've just sat and played or written anything"
So, I did.
And it was fun and lovely, and then my back started hurting from the position my arms had to be in to hold the guitar.
Pregnancy:)


Anyway, normally Ruby never sleeps with us. Because she can't fall asleep and she just thinks it's hang out time.
But with her being sick, she coughs herself awake every few hours and really really needs us (though she insists on me) to lay/soothe her back to sleep each time. Enter: exhausted the next day.
So we let her fall asleep with us last night and minus a few wake ups we all slept so much better.
Sweet girl:(
Believing we wake up tomorrow completely new and healed!
I wouldn't mind some sunshine, either.

This may put me in the running for World's Worst Mother, but because Ruby has something (whatever it is), her throat has been really sore and she's lost her voice. Now she has the CUTEST raspy, hoarse voice and I love it.
And when she cries or throws a little tantrum? There's like...no noise that comes out. I have all the patience in the world! It's quite nice.

Of course, I'd rather her be whole and well.
It's just cute, okay?!

4 comments:

Kari Beth said...

So sorry y'all aren't feeling well! Hope y'all get better soon!

Sorry to lay all my drama on you today. You really do rock you know that right? So glad to have you for solid, sound advice ALWAYS. Love ya sis! Hang in there. Tomorrow is always a new day!

{annie_loo} said...

Boo on the funk! I hope y'all woke up to Sunshine today!!!!! And pray you are feeling rest and refreshed!

And----I know you are all natural----but girl....Tylenol is FINE! FINE FINE FINE! ANd...rest is most important right now, so if that helps you rest, SO BE IT! Take the stuff!!!!!!

Don't fret momma! Everything is just fine with Baby Girl #2!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sheryl said...

Ruby darlin' is SO cute with that raspy voice. She's just cute no matter her circumstance! Such a fun, loving, entertaining, sweet, personality filled sweetie<3....Let me know if I can help you this week honey

Leslie said...

I always forget that music is a part of you! It's so surprising when you talk about. I never get to see that side of you. I want to hear you sing and play!

Ok, I would so love me some squeaky toddler voice. That is not mean at all! Hahaha!!

Random: On that thing at the end of your blog posts that says, "You might also like..." The post "Date Night" popped up and you look amazingly hot. WOW, mama.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Raspy Voices and Sleepy Thursdays


I've had the pleasure to wake up to this scene two mornings in a row now.
Ruby and I are STILL fighting off stomach/fever/sinus/congestion/head/nasal whatever stuff.
It's been on and off for 3 weeks now. Insane!
I woke up in the middle of the night with severe back pain and I couldn't really breathe out of my nose and I just lost my grown up tolerance for unpleasant things in life.
I just cried because I was so tired.
Tired of being sick.
Tired of my back hurting.
Tired of not feeling good and being "down" for so long.
It just gets old.

I feel defeated when I get to a point that I have to take Tylenol. ESPECIALLY when I'm pregnant. I feel like a selfish sammy wuss that would rather take medicine that I know isn't good for my still-forming baby because I haven't slept well for a few days or because I am in great pain.
But...I do my best.
I pray over my baby and then take the stuff.

Today has been quiet and and the skies are grey.
It's been rainy here all week.
I turned on some Josh Garrells and, as always, was inspired.
I thought "it's been forever since I've just sat and played or written anything"
So, I did.
And it was fun and lovely, and then my back started hurting from the position my arms had to be in to hold the guitar.
Pregnancy:)


Anyway, normally Ruby never sleeps with us. Because she can't fall asleep and she just thinks it's hang out time.
But with her being sick, she coughs herself awake every few hours and really really needs us (though she insists on me) to lay/soothe her back to sleep each time. Enter: exhausted the next day.
So we let her fall asleep with us last night and minus a few wake ups we all slept so much better.
Sweet girl:(
Believing we wake up tomorrow completely new and healed!
I wouldn't mind some sunshine, either.

This may put me in the running for World's Worst Mother, but because Ruby has something (whatever it is), her throat has been really sore and she's lost her voice. Now she has the CUTEST raspy, hoarse voice and I love it.
And when she cries or throws a little tantrum? There's like...no noise that comes out. I have all the patience in the world! It's quite nice.

Of course, I'd rather her be whole and well.
It's just cute, okay?!

4 comments:

Kari Beth said...

So sorry y'all aren't feeling well! Hope y'all get better soon!

Sorry to lay all my drama on you today. You really do rock you know that right? So glad to have you for solid, sound advice ALWAYS. Love ya sis! Hang in there. Tomorrow is always a new day!

{annie_loo} said...

Boo on the funk! I hope y'all woke up to Sunshine today!!!!! And pray you are feeling rest and refreshed!

And----I know you are all natural----but girl....Tylenol is FINE! FINE FINE FINE! ANd...rest is most important right now, so if that helps you rest, SO BE IT! Take the stuff!!!!!!

Don't fret momma! Everything is just fine with Baby Girl #2!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Sheryl said...

Ruby darlin' is SO cute with that raspy voice. She's just cute no matter her circumstance! Such a fun, loving, entertaining, sweet, personality filled sweetie<3....Let me know if I can help you this week honey

Leslie said...

I always forget that music is a part of you! It's so surprising when you talk about. I never get to see that side of you. I want to hear you sing and play!

Ok, I would so love me some squeaky toddler voice. That is not mean at all! Hahaha!!

Random: On that thing at the end of your blog posts that says, "You might also like..." The post "Date Night" popped up and you look amazingly hot. WOW, mama.