Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Feeling Awesome


Did you think I was trying to be cute and funny when I said I hadn't done laundry for a week and a half? Nope!
While Kevin spent every minute of his extra spare time working our room (looks awesome! Carpet ripped up, painted wood floors, new wall color, new trim, etc. Picture to come when it's put back together) and I spent every minute of my spare time lying on the couch wishing I could help and be useful but feeling terrible...the housework piled up all around us.

Sunday I had had it and I declared it being my last day of sickness. No more.
Monday I woke up and felt like a champ.

Turns out my nesting was waiting patiently for the sickness to leave because yesterday I hit it hard. 
Got most of the laundry washed, folded and put away.
Cleaned the bathroom sink, mirror, and toilet.
Cleaned Ruby's room.
Went grocery shopping at 8:45 at night WITH Ruby. (This time change has thrown us off a bit. Luckily we are stay-at-home people and life is a breeze with flexible schedules) 
Dusted our ceiling fan blades that haven't been cleaned in oooooooh six years.
Cleaned one window.
Cleaned three window sills.
I am sporadic, yes, but at least I am accomplishing!
Swept the floors. Apparently supposed to do that everyday. I'll get there.
Made dinner.
Helped put our room and closets back together after the trim work was done.

This is huge, people. I have been a bump on a log and a sad little sloth for weeks (plus the lovely period of pregnancy sickness BEFORE that) and now I feel like I'm back! I love this stage of pregnancy. It's 80 degrees outside with a cool breeze! I wish I was cleaning today but it's Tuesday and I work today. Getting to sit and blog in between clients and while Ruby naps is a fun little treat.
...................................................................................

I made oatmeal for breakfast yesterday and Ruby and I downed it. Oh my. Soooo yummy. Made more this morning and we both ate two huge bowls.

1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 organic whole milk
1/3 water
1/2 banana sliced thinly
tbsp chia seeds
pinch of kosher salt

bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir quickly to "whip" them the thicker they get. You want them creamy and thick but a little liquidy. At the end, and a little pour of vanilla extract for smell and flavor. So good.

We did peanut butter, strawberry jam, coconut chips (a must!) granola for our toppings this day.
Today we did blueberry jam, pb, coconut chips, blueberries, and granola.

If your kids (or you) aren't breakfast eaters...they'll eat this! And not be hungry for a while. It's so filling and sooo yummy!


Here's to feeling like a real mom that can do more than lay on the couch surrounded by snotty toilet paper and dirty dishes.
Here's to gorgeous weather calling us outside.
Here's to the best days of our lives!

Love you. Bless you. Make this oatmeal.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

You know your mom can do laundry, right?:)

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Feeling Awesome


Did you think I was trying to be cute and funny when I said I hadn't done laundry for a week and a half? Nope!
While Kevin spent every minute of his extra spare time working our room (looks awesome! Carpet ripped up, painted wood floors, new wall color, new trim, etc. Picture to come when it's put back together) and I spent every minute of my spare time lying on the couch wishing I could help and be useful but feeling terrible...the housework piled up all around us.

Sunday I had had it and I declared it being my last day of sickness. No more.
Monday I woke up and felt like a champ.

Turns out my nesting was waiting patiently for the sickness to leave because yesterday I hit it hard. 
Got most of the laundry washed, folded and put away.
Cleaned the bathroom sink, mirror, and toilet.
Cleaned Ruby's room.
Went grocery shopping at 8:45 at night WITH Ruby. (This time change has thrown us off a bit. Luckily we are stay-at-home people and life is a breeze with flexible schedules) 
Dusted our ceiling fan blades that haven't been cleaned in oooooooh six years.
Cleaned one window.
Cleaned three window sills.
I am sporadic, yes, but at least I am accomplishing!
Swept the floors. Apparently supposed to do that everyday. I'll get there.
Made dinner.
Helped put our room and closets back together after the trim work was done.

This is huge, people. I have been a bump on a log and a sad little sloth for weeks (plus the lovely period of pregnancy sickness BEFORE that) and now I feel like I'm back! I love this stage of pregnancy. It's 80 degrees outside with a cool breeze! I wish I was cleaning today but it's Tuesday and I work today. Getting to sit and blog in between clients and while Ruby naps is a fun little treat.
...................................................................................

I made oatmeal for breakfast yesterday and Ruby and I downed it. Oh my. Soooo yummy. Made more this morning and we both ate two huge bowls.

1/3 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 organic whole milk
1/3 water
1/2 banana sliced thinly
tbsp chia seeds
pinch of kosher salt

bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir quickly to "whip" them the thicker they get. You want them creamy and thick but a little liquidy. At the end, and a little pour of vanilla extract for smell and flavor. So good.

We did peanut butter, strawberry jam, coconut chips (a must!) granola for our toppings this day.
Today we did blueberry jam, pb, coconut chips, blueberries, and granola.

If your kids (or you) aren't breakfast eaters...they'll eat this! And not be hungry for a while. It's so filling and sooo yummy!


Here's to feeling like a real mom that can do more than lay on the couch surrounded by snotty toilet paper and dirty dishes.
Here's to gorgeous weather calling us outside.
Here's to the best days of our lives!

Love you. Bless you. Make this oatmeal.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

You know your mom can do laundry, right?:)