Saturday, March 31, 2012

Love When My Husband Cooks

Kevin's family and I all pitched in together and got Kevin a dream gift: the BlendTec blender. 
The Vitamix and BlendTec are neck and neck in desirability, so after lots of research and talking to people that had both, we chose the BlendTec. It's actually more powerful than the Vitamix, and the jar being square makes it easier to get the finished product out and clean up is a breeze. Plus, it fits under your cabinet when the Vitamix is a bit too big to do so, and we liked that fact.
It came with a cookbook and you can find Kevin in our kitchen these days peering into that thing declaring what it is he can't wait to make next.


Tonight was Chicken Tortilla Soup. This thing makes soups! On soup setting, the power of it gets going so much that it comes out with hot soups.

It's so cool getting to make and eat this fresh. Plus, it sure is nice to throw a whole carrot into the mix and watch it shred in seconds! No chopping and dicing for us.


We ate outside again tonight. This is going to be a very, very regular thing. I hope the bugs don't get out of control and ruin our summer outside meals! Hello, Off Candle!



Today has been amazing. Our town had a half marathon this morning. The course went in front of our house so me and Rubes went out and sat on a blanket on the sidewalk and cheered for all the runners.
Then we walked down to the square for the finish line and celebration.
Kevin and Ruby slid down a huge slide. She said "more?!" several times.
Then came home, had a smoothie and some lunch.

Ruby and I napped.
Kev did yardwork.

I woke up, took Ruby over to play at my Mom's for a bit.
I went and did a huge grocery trip. Complete with new ferns for the front porch and fresh basil and cilantro to plant!
I smiled and a rush of thankfulness and excitement came over me when I picked up and smelled the basil plant. Summer is soon.


And then Daddy made dinner and we ate outside.
And Clarence pooped right next to us.
CLARENCE!!!!!!!!

I love my life.
oh! praise report!
I FEEL BETTER!!!
I am being careful to take it easy so I don't slip right back into getting sick, but I am feeling so, so much better.
Told you it couldn't last forever:)
Keep ya head up.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

I am guessing "Narnia" as the newest baby Kiehn's name. Love the posts but maybe you should add food coloring to the final product. The outdoor shot of the three bowls of "porridge"...uh...uh....I'll just have water. :)

jessica kiehn said...

haha Dad! Chicken tortilla soup IS orange, I'll have you know...

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Love When My Husband Cooks

Kevin's family and I all pitched in together and got Kevin a dream gift: the BlendTec blender. 
The Vitamix and BlendTec are neck and neck in desirability, so after lots of research and talking to people that had both, we chose the BlendTec. It's actually more powerful than the Vitamix, and the jar being square makes it easier to get the finished product out and clean up is a breeze. Plus, it fits under your cabinet when the Vitamix is a bit too big to do so, and we liked that fact.
It came with a cookbook and you can find Kevin in our kitchen these days peering into that thing declaring what it is he can't wait to make next.


Tonight was Chicken Tortilla Soup. This thing makes soups! On soup setting, the power of it gets going so much that it comes out with hot soups.

It's so cool getting to make and eat this fresh. Plus, it sure is nice to throw a whole carrot into the mix and watch it shred in seconds! No chopping and dicing for us.


We ate outside again tonight. This is going to be a very, very regular thing. I hope the bugs don't get out of control and ruin our summer outside meals! Hello, Off Candle!



Today has been amazing. Our town had a half marathon this morning. The course went in front of our house so me and Rubes went out and sat on a blanket on the sidewalk and cheered for all the runners.
Then we walked down to the square for the finish line and celebration.
Kevin and Ruby slid down a huge slide. She said "more?!" several times.
Then came home, had a smoothie and some lunch.

Ruby and I napped.
Kev did yardwork.

I woke up, took Ruby over to play at my Mom's for a bit.
I went and did a huge grocery trip. Complete with new ferns for the front porch and fresh basil and cilantro to plant!
I smiled and a rush of thankfulness and excitement came over me when I picked up and smelled the basil plant. Summer is soon.


And then Daddy made dinner and we ate outside.
And Clarence pooped right next to us.
CLARENCE!!!!!!!!

I love my life.
oh! praise report!
I FEEL BETTER!!!
I am being careful to take it easy so I don't slip right back into getting sick, but I am feeling so, so much better.
Told you it couldn't last forever:)
Keep ya head up.

2 comments:

Dennis said...

I am guessing "Narnia" as the newest baby Kiehn's name. Love the posts but maybe you should add food coloring to the final product. The outdoor shot of the three bowls of "porridge"...uh...uh....I'll just have water. :)

jessica kiehn said...

haha Dad! Chicken tortilla soup IS orange, I'll have you know...